HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree193Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 03-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RASHER
Can someone answer the question I posted below regarding connection between reciever, esc and programming box.
Use a servo extension wire and leave the plug on the outside of the box. The problem you are having is the speed control is receiving a false throttle signal when the unit is plugged in, maybe try turning on the radio when you attempt to adjust it.
Paul
Old 03-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by FastPete
New sensor wire, reset your end points, check all the wiring. And lets go from there.
the sensor wire is not replaceable. It's part of the motor. End point adjustments reset and all wire connections checked.. no dice
Old 03-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckmster
the sensor wire is not replaceable. It's part of the motor. End point adjustments reset and all wire connections checked.. no dice
I know you said you don't have another motor, buts that's where I would look. Maybe borrow one?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll see what I can do.. Do you think the ESC is ok?? just wondering if it may have shorted out when the bearing went, or does the esc have protection from that?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Use a servo extension wire and leave the plug on the outside of the box. The problem you are having is the speed control is receiving a false throttle signal when the unit is plugged in, maybe try turning on the radio when you attempt to adjust it.
Paul
I tried turning on the radio but box would continue to hang on initial comm attempt. Will have too much wire hanging around but servo ext wire may be only option. too bad transmiter can't shut down rcvr with signal.

thnks
Old 03-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wreckmster
I'll see what I can do.. Do you think the ESC is ok?? just wondering if it may have shorted out when the bearing went, or does the esc have protection from that?
I hoping its ok. Report back.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hello I have a hobby wing v10 17.5 motor and timing is at 30 degs.
my transition ratio is 2.6:1 and I run a 73/33 gearing and this thing is a total slug.
I tried a lower pinion gear and the same thing.
did I get a bad motor or how do I kick this thing in the rear to get moving.
the esc is in blinky mode.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Product Possibility

I am posting this thread regarding your 120A XERUN Pro SCT Esc. There are alot of guys at our track who we have now got to run these great quality and low cost escs. We absolutely love and have never had any problems with the 120 A esc but we're wondering if you have thought about producing that same esc in 150A? I saw on your website you produce a 150A esc but the dimensions are too big to fit in our Teknos we run. Yes, I would say 60% of the cars at our track now are Tekno EB48.2's. The 120A esc fits beautifully but we can not purchase the 150A esc because of its bigger size. I would love to see what the 150A esc would do in that car because some of the people are running the 150A Tekin Gen2 esc and it seems a little more snappy even with the same motor combo. I think if somehow you could compact the 150A esc just a little smaller, maybe close to (55mm x 40mm x 40mm), Tekin would not stand a chance being competitive with your company. Just some thoughts and comments from some of our top guys at our track. Thanks and hope to hear back from you soon. Feel free to leave comments.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I got the motor to spin somewhat so the ESC has output. I am going to replace the motor. What Hobbywing motor would you recommend for an Emaxx with the Xerun 120 sct pro ESC? I currently have a broken Novak 4.5T Brushless sensored motor(550) running 4s Lipo.. 13 pinion
Old 03-11-2014, 03:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCBranman7
I am posting this thread regarding your 120A XERUN Pro SCT Esc. There are alot of guys at our track who we have now got to run these great quality and low cost escs. We absolutely love and have never had any problems with the 120 A esc but we're wondering if you have thought about producing that same esc in 150A? I saw on your website you produce a 150A esc but the dimensions are too big to fit in our Teknos we run. Yes, I would say 60% of the cars at our track now are Tekno EB48.2's. The 120A esc fits beautifully but we can not purchase the 150A esc because of its bigger size. I would love to see what the 150A esc would do in that car because some of the people are running the 150A Tekin Gen2 esc and it seems a little more snappy even with the same motor combo. I think if somehow you could compact the 150A esc just a little smaller, maybe close to (55mm x 40mm x 40mm), Tekin would not stand a chance being competitive with your company. Just some thoughts and comments from some of our top guys at our track. Thanks and hope to hear back from you soon. Feel free to leave comments.
Hi

This isn't for me to answer but I sent it to the appropriate person.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gents, maybe my below questions has been asked before but to scroll through 400 overs pages will take alot of time.

Buggy: Yokomo Bmax 2 MR
Previous ESC - Tekin RS Pro
Gearing - 22/81
Motor Nosram 9.5T

Currently, all items same except i changed to V3.1

Question, when i was on the Tekin Rspro, when making doubles and triples jumps, i was able to dab the brake and bring her nose down in order to meet the receiving end of the jumps.

however now, i have to agree that V3.1 is much stronger on her power delivery which i am very happy with it, thing is, when i dab the brakes, she doesnt nose down anymore.

3.1 setting on brakes as follows:
------------------------------
DB - 15%
Bs - 87.5%
Intial B - = Drag Brake
Brake switch point - 15%
1st brake - 20
2nd brake - 20
EPA Brake on Controller Sanwa Mt4 set to 125

as above, am i setting anything wrong or anyone can help to advise what settings can i try to allow her nose to dip when i dab the brakes?

Taking to account the track, track condition all same only ESC changed for the above.

Please help.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was wondering if Hobbywing would be willing to send some banners so we could
post them on our local track. Quite a few guys run Hobbywing products in their cars.
Thank you.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Hi.
I am an A-main Nitro (pro) driver in my contry. And i am going to a nationel race in 2 weeks, an drive 1/8 Elektric for the first time, and have no traning befor the race. i drive in a soft style.. low grip track.

Settings for the HW 150A + 1800Kv engine on S4.???

Pinon size for RB E ONE R? Medium/small track??

Last edited by occidio; 03-12-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBranman7
If you look in the EB48 thread you will find that people have put the 150A ESC in there. I'm pretty sure it involves a little cutting of the side. Same thing with putting it in a Serpent Cobra.

I bought a complete spare car I haven't used yet and it has the 150A in it.

That said, the 150A is a LITTLE too big for the Tekno V4 conversion, as the setup is different and it's just too close to the pinion for comfort. In my Tekno V4 HB D8 I went with the SCT Pro for space reasons.

I don't think I'm missing out on anything as to my understanding the main difference between the two is the 150A can handle 6S, while the SCT Pro can only handle 4S. As a racer now this doesn't bother me and I would stick to the SCT Pro for 1/8 applications if you want a HW ESC.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Genebaby
If you look in the EB48 thread you will find that people have put the 150A ESC in there. I'm pretty sure it involves a little cutting of the side. Same thing with putting it in a Serpent Cobra.

I bought a complete spare car I haven't used yet and it has the 150A in it.

That said, the 150A is a LITTLE too big for the Tekno V4 conversion, as the setup is different and it's just too close to the pinion for comfort. In my Tekno V4 HB D8 I went with the SCT Pro for space reasons.

I don't think I'm missing out on anything as to my understanding the main difference between the two is the 150A can handle 6S, while the SCT Pro can only handle 4S. As a racer now this doesn't bother me and I would stick to the SCT Pro for 1/8 applications if you want a HW ESC.
Totally agree.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.