Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Rookie

I have an issue with hooking up my HW 120A ESC WP SC8 when its installed in car.

Is it true that it (receiver) has to be unplugged from esc when programming box is plugged into esc fan power port. I can't get esc to talk to prgrm box unless receiver is unplugged.

My receiver is in a waterproof box and unplugging it from esc cord is difficult and time consuming since its soldered to esc on one end and solid wire into receiver waterproof box on the other. I have to remove box lid which is restricted by roll bar etcc..
Old 03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lets all welcome Bobby Stroud to the HWNA team here on the East Coast. Bobby will be racing at Bumps and Jumps this Sat. if anyone there needs help with their HW equipment look him up......
Old 03-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Lets all welcome Bobby Stroud to the HWNA team here on the East Coast. Bobby will be racing at Bumps and Jumps this Sat. if anyone there needs help with their HW equipment look him up......
Welcome to the team, congrats to both!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Looking for recommendations for an ESC for my T4.2. Will be running in a mod class on a medium sized outdoor track. Will most likely run a 13.5 but possibly down to an 8.5. I have ran the JustStock in my B4.2 with 13.5 and had great success. Was thinking of trying the Xtreme Stock in the truck. Thoughts?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Looking for recommendations for an ESC for my T4.2. Will be running in a mod class on a medium sized outdoor track. Will most likely run a 13.5 but possibly down to an 8.5. I have ran the JustStock in my B4.2 with 13.5 and had great success. Was thinking of trying the Xtreme Stock in the truck. Thoughts?
Xtreme would work perfect for 13.5. For a 8.5 I would go 90A to be safe.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I updated my SCT Pro and my programmer box to the latest. Now, when I try to connect to the ESC it says "Please upgrade software". What software is it referring to and how do I fix this?
Old 03-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Overtorqued
I updated my SCT Pro and my programmer box to the latest. Now, when I try to connect to the ESC it says "Please upgrade software". What software is it referring to and how do I fix this?
You have to upgrade the esc and box. Theres a drop down at the top of the screen in the software to pick the esc or card you want to upgrade.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
You have to upgrade the esc and box. Theres a drop down at the top of the screen in the software to pick the esc or card you want to upgrade.
Sir, I upgraded both. What I did find was that going back to older firmware in the box allows it to connect. It just doesn't make any sense. This is an SCT Pro and I was using the newest version it said to for that (the one that doesn't end with V3).
Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Is the Xerun stock spec v3.1 capable of timing and turbo boost? What is the difference between the stock spec version and the Xerun 120 amp v3.1?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Overtorqued
Sir, I upgraded both. What I did find was that going back to older firmware in the box allows it to connect. It just doesn't make any sense. This is an SCT Pro and I was using the newest version it said to for that (the one that doesn't end with V3).
What version are you using on the card and esc. I just updated my SCT Pro and works fine.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dozer9
Is the Xerun stock spec v3.1 capable of timing and turbo boost? What is the difference between the stock spec version and the Xerun 120 amp v3.1?
Stock spec is 100A and alittle less burst rate. 120A you can run down to a 3.5T. 120A is a all aluminum case, and alittle finer adjustment. Their both great.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I recently installed a new Xerun 120 SCT Pro in my brushless Emaxx. It ran fine for a couple weeks and the front bearing went in the motor. I replaced the bearings and now either the ESC or the motor does not work. When I turn the ESC on I get a steady Red light, then 4 green flashes but no audible tones. the steering works, but when I hit the throttle I get nothing. Only the red light on the esc lights when I hit the throttle, but no movement by the motor.
Any idea where to start to troubleshoot this? I dont have a spare motor or ESC to swap out...
I connected the programming box and reset it to default, but that didnt change anything.

where do I start?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wreckmster
I recently installed a new Xerun 120 SCT Pro in my brushless Emaxx. It ran fine for a couple weeks and the front bearing went in the motor. I replaced the bearings and now either the ESC or the motor does not work. When I turn the ESC on I get a steady Red light, then 4 green flashes but no audible tones. the steering works, but when I hit the throttle I get nothing. Only the red light on the esc lights when I hit the throttle, but no movement by the motor.
Any idea where to start to troubleshoot this? I dont have a spare motor or ESC to swap out...
I connected the programming box and reset it to default, but that didnt change anything.

where do I start?
New sensor wire, reset your end points, check all the wiring. And lets go from there.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Can someone answer the question I posted below regarding connection between reciever, esc and programming box.

Originally Posted by RASHER
I have an issue with hooking up my HW 120A ESC WP SC8 when its installed in car.

Is it true that it (receiver) has to be unplugged from esc when programming box is plugged into esc fan power port. I can't get esc to talk to prgrm box unless receiver is unplugged.

My receiver is in a waterproof box and unplugging it from esc cord is difficult and time consuming since its soldered to esc on one end and solid wire into receiver waterproof box on the other. I have to remove box lid which is restricted by roll bar etcc..
Old 03-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Mine stays connected.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.