HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdriv3r
Hey everyone, had a quick question in regards to temps for the XeRun SCT 4000kv combo. I finally ran some laps at my local track and after about 4 or 5 minute runs both the esc and motor were only around 110 degrees Fahrenheit. From the Falcon Sekido site (falconsekido.com/pages/faq]) it states that for the esc, best performance temperature range from 70- 80 ℃ (150F-176F) and for the motor, 90-100℃ (194-212F) is within threshold.

My question is...should I change my gearing to push the motor and esc a bit more (currently running 15/40 in my losi ten scte)? Are my current temps a good range to race within?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sounds great to me, if you need more rip you could try tweaking it.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FastPete
Sounds great to me, if you need more rip you could try tweaking it.
I settled on 16/40 when I ran my 4000kv . But all depends on what your looking for . The. 15 will give you better rip outta the hole. I try to gear mine so that I'm topped out about three quarters down the strait.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone tried running a 5.5 on a xerun 2.1 60a ?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gogi108
I never have, but looking at the old specs on it you could try it, but sneak up on it IMO. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Its rated On road 1/10 5.5 off road 8.5
Old 02-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gogi108
That esc is only rated down to an 8.5. 5.5 would most certainly be pushing it's limits if not ripping right though them. A HW V10 5.5 is rated at 100A @ peak power. I wouldn't even try it unless you want a small paperweight.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey guys, just installed a brand new just stock speedo with a reedy 17.5 in a b5. Everything seems to be working fine but when I turn on the car the red l.e.d just keeps flickering. When I give it throttle it goes green but then it goes back to flickering. Just wondering if anybody has ever had this. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy Hobbywing 150 amp Xerun 1/8 problem with fail safe with Spctrum radio

Can any one please help this thing is driving me crazy I programed the esc forward/brake no revers.when binding the spectrum DX3R PRO fail safe to full brake.I tested the fail safe by turning off the transmitter and it went to full revers.the Hobbywing manual say's to set the throttle channel to "REV" I did that and when holding throttle about half way the turn off the transmitter it go to full "REV" but when you turn off the transmitter without holding the throttle I believe that's when the fail safe works Becouse it Does Noting I fill some residence when turning the wheels by hand I have used the RX8 Tekin and the castle and never had this problem before so don't under stand why it's doing this on the hobbling if can help me with this thanks In advance
Old 02-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

I may of asked this before but how do i add the film ware for the Tenshock motor to the SCT PRO ESC ? I have the 2 and 1 Pro programming card.

It does not seem to work right with the Default setting with the Tenshock motor even though i changed the punch control and took the timing off etc.

Mostly at a dead stop it takes about 2 secs to take off. And when im on the trigger it felt like a rubber band shooting off like a typical non sensored motor.

However the motor did work fine on the bh lt4 esc but i did upgrade the filmware on it though.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey guys, just installed a brand new just stock speedo with a reedy 17.5 in a b5. Everything seems to be working fine but when I turn on the car the red l.e.d just keeps flickering. When I give it throttle it goes green but then it goes back to flickering. Just wondering if anybody has ever had this. Thanks.

No never had that issue my Sct Pro esc the Red light comes on and i wait for a sec or so and it goes Green makes a sound two times than Solid Red and go.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

I never seen that before. Someone im sure will chime in.

Originally Posted by Jayco123
Can any one please help this thing is driving me crazy I programed the esc forward/brake no revers.when binding the spectrum DX3R PRO fail safe to full brake.I tested the fail safe by turning off the transmitter and it went to full revers.the Hobbywing manual say's to set the throttle channel to "REV" I did that and when holding throttle about half way the turn off the transmitter it go to full "REV" but when you turn off the transmitter without holding the throttle I believe that's when the fail safe works Becouse it Does Noting I fill some residence when turning the wheels by hand I have used the RX8 Tekin and the castle and never had this problem before so don't under stand why it's doing this on the hobbling if can help me with this thanks In advance
Wish I could help but I never have used any failsafe.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I may of asked this before but how do i add the film ware for the Tenshock motor to the SCT PRO ESC ? I have the 2 and 1 Pro programming card.

It does not seem to work right with the Default setting with the Tenshock motor even though i changed the punch control and took the timing off etc.

Mostly at a dead stop it takes about 2 secs to take off. And when im on the trigger it felt like a rubber band shooting off like a typical non sensored motor.

However the motor did work fine on the bh lt4 esc but i did upgrade the filmware on it though.
Im not familiar with the 2&1 card. Sorry not much help today.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by FastPete
I never seen that before. Someone im sure will chime in.

Wish I could help but I never have used any failsafe.

Im not familiar with the 2&1 card. Sorry not much help today.

Its the LCD Pro card if that helps.

I did update the filmware for the card so it can work when i plug it though the fan port to program some things.

So i guess you would not know how to add the filmware for the Tenshock motor though the computer USB programmer ?

Im going to get a Hobbywing 4000kv or the 4700kv sensored motor im thinking for the SC410 since its heavy the 4700kv would be better. And at the Outdoor tracks i race at most are big .
Old 02-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Its the LCD Pro card if that helps.

I did update the filmware for the card so it can work when i plug it though the fan port to program some things.

So i guess you would not know how to add the filmware for the Tenshock motor though the computer USB programmer ?
Oh ok yes did the same to mine. I updated to the latest for the other upgrades I don't run a Tenshock. But just hook it up to your computer and to the fan port the way the instructions say, and hit the dropdown for the firmware choices and load.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok looks like i already have V103_130806-Beta on the Software Version on the V3.4 USB link . It says the same thing on the Upgrade version .

I have it going though the USB to the computer/ESC .

I had to recalibrate manually because i change the Punch level to 4 and the brake force at 75% it was actually only at 50% no wonder lol.

But it feels smoother now at least with the truck off the Ground and hitting blips of the Throttle.

Last edited by tc5 man; 02-22-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Ok looks like i already have V103_130806-Beta on the Software Version on the V3.4 USB link . It says the same thing on the Upgrade version .

I have it going though the USB to the computer/ESC .

I had to recalibrate manually because i change the Punch level to 4 and the brake force at 75% it was actually only at 50% no wonder lol.

But it feels smoother now at least with the truck off the Ground and hitting blips of the Throttle.
Great hope it works out well for you.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Try to widen your neutral width.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.