HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yello
I have some other issues.

I ran my buggy in the snow today. But then it stops and doesn't run.

I can turn the servo. When I throttle, I can see the ESC light red. But there's no motor response.

Also, when I turn the XERUN on, I can see the 4 green flashes of light, but it doesn't make a beep noise.

What's going on here? Has water gotten into the ESC? The XERUN is supposed to be splashproof, and it was just snow, not puddles.
What esc exactly?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by FastPete
Hmmm I run mine at 70% and the EPA at 67% what motor?

Its about 80% something if i remember on the EPA . The Brake force at 75% .

Its a 401 Tenshock non sensored .

It felt good on a higher traction track but on Dry it felt to soft it did still slow the truck down a bit.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

? Who
The Falcon Sekido number from the site, 1-800-720-2351

Is that not the number i should be trying? I just submitted my RMA request form but i really wanted to speak with someone.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Its about 80% something if i remember on the EPA . The Brake force at 75% .

Its a 401 Tenshock non sensored .

It felt good on a higher traction track but on Dry it felt to soft it did still slow the truck down a bit.
Im not familiar with that motor. Maybe someone else will chime in.

If it feels worse on low bite are they locking up? Would think it would be the opposite.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JoshC90
The Falcon Sekido number from the site, 1-800-720-2351

Is that not the number i should be trying? I just submitted my RMA request form but i really wanted to speak with someone.
Hmmm not sure I always use email with good results.

Post your issue up here plenty of help
Old 02-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

What esc exactly?
It's the XERUN 150a.

Again, thiinking that it might have something to do with water, I flipped the buggy upside down and power on the ESC.

The ESC puffed in SMOKE, real bad, as soon I turned it over.

So that answer my question. -- Snow killed my ESC.

My buggy stopped running after about a 4 minute run and that was about 4 hours ago. And what happened with the ESC smoking up after I tried testing it again was just a few minutes ago. I have my door now opened wide to let the air in and the smoke out.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Im not familiar with that motor. Maybe someone else will chime in.

If it feels worse on low bite are they locking up? Would think it would be the opposite.

If i hit them hard enough after a straight away yea . But it seems like getting ready into a turn it doesnt seem like a enough its hard to explain lol.

I know its a drivers thing.

It may be the motor . Im getting a Hobbywing 4700kv motor anyways and its sensored .

Did you see my other post on here about the Tenshock on this ESC ?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hmmm not sure I always use email with good results.

Post your issue up here plenty of help
I did several pages back with no response lol

My 8.5t motor has stopped spinning on its own, its has classic bush stick from back in the day. Only goes if you give it a push then drives fine, but as soon as it comes to a stop its not going again lol

We have decided its polarity lock due to a component failure. Just trying to get ahold of them so i can get a new one. Motors 4.5 months old
Old 02-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

It's the XERUN 150a.

Again, thiinking that it might have something to do with water, I flipped the buggy upside down and power on the ESC.

My buggy stopped running after about a 4 minute run and that was about 4 hours ago. And what happened with the ESC smoking up after I tried testing it again was just a few minutes ago. I have my door now opened wide to let the air in and the smoke out.
I do see where you say it can take minor splashing. Personally I would never run one in snow. Just my opinion. Don't take much snow on the esc to melt and pure water. Send it in and see what they say. Their good people.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

I've run my Reedy ESCs in the same condition no problem whatsoever.

The only reason I bought the XERUN is that it's supposed to be water-resistant in the same way.

I am going to see if Hobbypartz will do anything to help me. Other good retailers (Amazon, newegg) etc have been very good about customer service, paying for the return shipment, and then eventually but quickly sending out the replacement. I have a feeling it's going to be a real PITA dealing with Hobbypartz.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

The only reason I bought the XERUN is that it's supposed to be water-resistant in the same way.

I am going to see if Hobbypartz will do anything to help me. Other good retailers (Amazon, newegg) etc have been very good about customer service, paying for the return shipment, and then eventually but quickly sending out the replacement. I have a feeling it's going to be a real PITA dealing with Hobbypartz.
Well good luck.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck !
Hobbypartz are known to me for not so great customer service. That is why I decided to wait for my XERUN combo an extra week and half (due to shortage of the combos) and got it from FierceRCSolutions and I received better than great customer service from Pete.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

It's the XERUN 150a.

Who told you the xerun 150amp is splash proof? The wp 80 and 60 are water proof only
Old 02-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can the 4274 2200kv motor be ran on 6s?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mathom7
On my practice run I adjusted the steering trim a little bit, then I replaced my transmitter batteries. That is why I first tried to bind.

Could the small draw the servo is placing on the BEC now that it's got some trim be causing issues?

I got a chance to look at the car tonight and discovered that I had given the throttle a little fwd trim. I must have hit it inadvertently while trimming the steering. The few times I did get the ESC to initialize the throttle didn't indicate there was a problem.

I turned it on and off a few times and it seems to be working great. Another case of user error/ignorance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.