HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Originally Posted by naterpatater77
Well the first time I emailed them I followed the rma procedure on the web. I got a response back to try the company I purchased it from first as its not from a falcon dealer. I contacted the company I got it from, dont want to send it to china. Reemailed them saying id rather go through them and whatever I needed to pay was fine. Got a responce back to follow rma procedure re read the rma page and re emailed them on how exactly to do non warranty repair basically said read rma page. Well the rma page says to download form but doesnt say what to do with it. And it also says the address tp send it to is on the form which it isn't. The rma procedure for non falcon dealer products is very unclear and poorly explained
1. Submit the RMA request form to [email protected], Subject: RMA # request from [ your name]

2. Obtain a RMA ticket #

3. Prepare the shipping contents
- A return / repair product ( leave all end connectors, batteries and a motor)
- The proof of purchase
- Warranty code#

4. Ship the package to RMA division ( the address is indicated in the RMA form)

5. Inform the package tracking number to [email protected]

The instructions are pretty clear. Download and fill out the form, email it to the address provided and they'll provide you with an RMA# and the address to send it to.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey i picked up the 90a w/motor combo back in sep. 2013. It has been great since but today the motor went out. I ran last week great with temps in the 120s after a 10min run.

Its not that the motor dosnt work so much as it wont start. It will not move unless pushed then acts normal but as soon as it stops it dosnt start again. I will be calling monday, i purchased it directly from yall.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

hey guys can a Hobbywing XERUN 3656sd 4000kv motor run on a non sensored esc
Old 02-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
hey guys can a Hobbywing XERUN 3656sd 4000kv motor run on a non sensored esc
Yes
Old 02-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

thanks nano
Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
1. Submit the RMA request form to [email protected], Subject: RMA # request from [ your name]

2. Obtain a RMA ticket #

3. Prepare the shipping contents
- A return / repair product ( leave all end connectors, batteries and a motor)
- The proof of purchase
- Warranty code#

4. Ship the package to RMA division ( the address is indicated in the RMA form)

5. Inform the package tracking number to [email protected]

The instructions are pretty clear. Download and fill out the form, email it to the address provided and they'll provide you with an RMA# and the address to send it to.
Yeah I started at step 1. Got an email back saying that I didnt purchase through an authorized dealer so id have to pay. I told them that's fine. I have never gotten a rma number or anything. I don't know if I will since it a non warranty repair since its NOT from a falcon dealer.

"If you have purchased HW product outside of the authorized dealer network, we are also more*than happy to help you. * However, these products will be under*Non-warranty service. *We will provide you the estimate after our*technician's review.*Buyer must download*RMA request form*and send the product along with the original receipt, or suggest you to return it to the original store."

that is exact text from website regarding non warranty repair. Very vague and doesn't follow standard rma procedure. Doesn't give an address to send it to, the rma form supposedly has it but its not there.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshC90
Hey i picked up the 90a w/motor combo back in sep. 2013. It has been great since but today the motor went out. I ran last week great with temps in the 120s after a 10min run.

Its not that the motor dosnt work so much as it wont start. It will not move unless pushed then acts normal but as soon as it stops it dosnt start again. I will be calling monday, i purchased it directly from yall.
Sounds esc related
Old 02-16-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Quick question. Need to set my xerun v3.1 to non-timing mode, have the programming box. When I connect to pc, esc never shows as connected. My Orion setup has never had this issue. What should I look for? Connections are per the instructions for pc linking, esc to box, to pc.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Quick question. Need to set my xerun v3.1 to non-timing mode, have the programming box. When I connect to pc, esc never shows as connected. My Orion setup has never had this issue. What should I look for? Connections are per the instructions for pc linking, esc to box, to pc.
Did you pick ESC from the drop down?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Use the programming port on the v3.1 not the rx cable .
Old 02-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Today at the track I missed my start as couldn't get the ESC to initialize. Servo was functional but no throttle. I went through the bind process a few times. Then for no reason after the 3rd or 4th try it seemed to initialize. I started 4 laps down.

Continued to be intermittent the rest of the day. Once it's responding it ran through the pack without issues.

Any ideas?

I have a sct pro ESC hooked up to a hobbywing motor (package) in my SC10 4x4. I have an Airtronics 3 ch and Savox 1258. Running a SMC 6800 mah 70c lipo.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Originally Posted by naterpatater77
Yeah I started at step 1. Got an email back saying that I didnt purchase through an authorized dealer so id have to pay. I told them that's fine. I have never gotten a rma number or anything. I don't know if I will since it a non warranty repair since its NOT from a falcon dealer.

"If you have purchased HW product outside of the authorized dealer network, we are also more*than happy to help you. * However, these products will be under*Non-warranty service. *We will provide you the estimate after our*technician's review.*Buyer must download*RMA request form*and send the product along with the original receipt, or suggest you to return it to the original store."

that is exact text from website regarding non warranty repair. Very vague and doesn't follow standard rma procedure. Doesn't give an address to send it to, the rma form supposedly has it but its not there.
If you sent them the service request form, then you just need to stay on them to give you an RMA#. You are correct, the address is not on the SRF but they will provide the ship to info once they give you an RMA#. They'll service your esc no matter where you purchased it they just won't warranty the esc if it was purchased outside the authorized dealer network.

If you just sent them an email without filling out and attaching the SRF then you'll get nowhere. Sam was the contact when I sent mine in for service.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mathom7
Today at the track I missed my start as couldn't get the ESC to initialize. Servo was functional but no throttle. I went through the bind process a few times. Then for no reason after the 3rd or 4th try it seemed to initialize. I started 4 laps down.

Continued to be intermittent the rest of the day. Once it's responding it ran through the pack without issues.

Any ideas?

I have a sct pro ESC hooked up to a hobbywing motor (package) in my SC10 4x4. I have an Airtronics 3 ch and Savox 1258. Running a SMC 6800 mah 70c lipo.
Did you make any changes to the radio settings? Before your start?
Old 02-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

had a funny thing happen to me tonight hooked up my 2in1 box and it wouldn't connect to my sctpro.... yet when i connected it to my laptop it conned the esc as well as the box..... Any ideas?
Old 02-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Did you make any changes to the radio settings? Before your start?
On my practice run I adjusted the steering trim a little bit, then I replaced my transmitter batteries. That is why I first tried to bind.

Could the small draw the servo is placing on the BEC now that it's got some trim be causing issues?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.