Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Are the V10 13.5 and v10 17.5 motors and the v3.1 100A Stock Spec ESC approved for ROAR?

It looks like they are according to the roar forum, but wanted to triple check with you guys, as the Cactus Classic is coming up, and plan to rock the HW electronics.

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...ck-30401020038

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...ck-30401020039

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZeeFlyingBrick
Hi,

I just ordered a "LCD Professional Program Box" from FalconSEKIDO but just noticed on the HobbyWing site that the "LCD Professional Program Box" was discontinued and replaced with the "Multifunction LCD Program Box". I'm guessing (?) that FalconSEKIDO is shipping the newer Multifunction. The pictures on the site are of the mutli but the text reads Professional. Does anyone know? I'll have my answer in a couple days when the box arrives but thought I'd ask anyways.

Sorry I can't post the URLs, new member =]

Thanks!
Wish I could help all I stock are the LCD newer ones. Someone will respond.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Hi,

I just ordered a "LCD Professional Program Box" from FalconSEKIDO but just noticed on the HobbyWing site that the "LCD Professional Program Box" was discontinued and replaced with the "Multifunction LCD Program Box". I'm guessing (?) that FalconSEKIDO is shipping the newer Multifunction. The pictures on the site are of the mutli but the text reads Professional. Does anyone know? I'll have my answer in a couple days when the box arrives but thought I'd ask anyways.

Thanks!

It will be the new one.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hi,

Thanks!
FYI, if you are programming SCT Pro, you have to unplug the cooling fan wire and plug the Program box in there. You do not use the ESC lead into RX (but you have to unplug that one also).

Most other HW ESC's I have used you just plug the RX lead directly into the LCD box.

I was scratching my head for a good ten minutes last night trying to program SCT Pro ESC.

Finally remembered and damn, that new firmware upgrade (sensored to non-sensored switching) really works! Even smoother power now, awesome!

Good job HW!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Precision1
FYI, if you are programming SCT Pro, you have to unplug the cooling fan wire and plug the Program box in there. You do not use the ESC lead into RX (but you have to unplug that one also).

Most other HW ESC's I have used you just plug the RX lead directly into the LCD box.

I was scratching my head for a good ten minutes last night trying to program SCT Pro ESC.

Finally remembered and damn, that new firmware upgrade (sensored to non-sensored switching) really works! Even smoother power now, awesome!

Good job HW!
We try our best and thank you for the kind words .
Old 02-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
It will be the new one.
Great! Thanks so much for the response. I'm really looking forward to trying out the esc ( and box ).

Thanks again...
Old 02-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

um... can anyone tell me what the size of 4274 endbell screws?

mine got stripped and i want to replaced it....
Old 02-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain_brew
Are the V10 13.5 and v10 17.5 motors and the v3.1 100A Stock Spec ESC approved for ROAR?

It looks like they are according to the roar forum, but wanted to triple check with you guys, as the Cactus Classic is coming up, and plan to rock the HW electronics.

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...ck-30401020038

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...ck-30401020039

Thanks for the help!

Bueller?... Bueller?!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Captain Brew- Yes these new motors are now roar approved and comply with the regulations. I just received mine and they have roar approved on the packaging.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just purchased a Justock esc and installed it in my b4.2 with a 17.5 killshot motor and took it to the track and am having issues. I did about 10 laps perfectly and then out of no where the car started hesitating and then stopped. Took it to the pit, turn the car off and back on and the motor ran a little rough for a few seconds and then nothing. Did this like 10 times with same issue. Thinking it could be the motor I switched to a known good motors and the same thing. Interesting thing is when i removed the sensor wire the motor will run very slowly but then when I put it back on nothing. Any suggestions??
Old 02-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RDub
I just purchased a Justock esc and installed it in my b4.2 with a 17.5 killshot motor and took it to the track and am having issues. I did about 10 laps perfectly and then out of no where the car started hesitating and then stopped. Took it to the pit, turn the car off and back on and the motor ran a little rough for a few seconds and then nothing. Did this like 10 times with same issue. Thinking it could be the motor I switched to a known good motors and the same thing. Interesting thing is when i removed the sensor wire the motor will run very slowly but then when I put it back on nothing. Any suggestions??
I see you use a lot of HW, Try a different sensor wire, checked connections? All the normal stuff LVC, etc? Sorry got to ask.

Motor running rough is weird.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Did you change the sensor cable? If you did and still the same issue then you have a problem with the mosfet that power the sensor port.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah i checked all the connections and swapped sensor cables. Is my only option to send it in for repair?
Old 02-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Miskolczi
Captain Brew- Yes these new motors are now roar approved and comply with the regulations. I just received mine and they have roar approved on the packaging.
Packaging is not the formal method to validate. You have to check the list and the roar forum and as of today they are not approved for Roar events yet. They meet roar specs but must also be available at three North American locations to purchase.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah i checked all the connections and swapped sensor cables. Is my only option to send it in for repair?
Send it back to whom you purchased the product from if the usa then falcon sekido or crc if Asia like Hong kong online stores it must go back to them with your receipt of proof of purchase.Warranty is from date of sale not date of manufacture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.