HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Send me an email at [email protected]
Thanks for the starting setup for 4wd buggy. It worked very good for a starting setup. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankenstang
Was wondering if you could help me diagnose a problem with my HW 60amp esc.

Running the non sensored 60amp in a brand new losi 22-4. The motor I am using is a G-force 4300kv 540 size.

Gearing was either 22 pinion or 25 and had the same problem both ways.
After running about 3 to 3.5 minutes into a run on our small local indoor track, the car shuts down. Motor never got to more than 125 degrees. ESC was cool to the touch and the fan was running. I let it sit for a minute and it started running again.

I can only think the ESC is going into thermal shut down, but this exact combo was in my old xxx-4 4wd buggy and never had a heat issue. The old xxx-4 has a ton more venting and the new 22-4 is sealed extremely well. I tried running with out the body and the car was fine for over 10 minutes. Again, motor never got hot.

Last night at the race, it did it again twice during heat races. For the second race, I vented the body above the ESC and got a little more run time, but it still shut off. Steering worked fine and after a 2 min rest, the car ran fine again.

For the main, I took a chance and shut off the thermal protection using my programming box. I also tried playing with timing and DDRS, nothing made a diff during the heat races.
Car ran thru over 4 mins in the main and was fine until I crashed out breaking a front a arm.
Talking to others there, seems like the motor doesn't have enough KV to run the buggy due to the difference in weight. I was able to run a LOT smaller pinion gear on the xxx-4 due to the spur gear on that one.

4300kv is around 8.5 turn? No one could translate, all the 'racers' use only sensored motors rated in turn. The Losi 22-4 seems to want more like 6.5 to 5.5 turn motors and the KV would be over 5500 in a non sensor config, correct?

Is there a firmware update that will help? Is there even a way to upgrade this ESC? It is supposedly 'USB upgradable' But, I'm not sure how to use the program box to do so.

Thanks for the help in advance..
You could be hitting the LVC try lowering it a little, try 3.0 per cell.
Paul
Old 02-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i will be in need of service/repair of my hobbywing esc. my only problem is I bought the esc new sealed in box with warranty sticker from a forum member so i dont have a bill of sale. it has not been working right since i took it out of the box and i have only put 1 pack through it because of this. will they take care of it regardless? it was brand new, and the box has the falconsekido sticker but im missing the bill of sale.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Follow this process for Service

I can't speak for Hobbywing North America because I am just a team driver, but they are very reasonable and willing to help. Follow this process and they will help you with repair/replacement services.

http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/rma
Old 02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
You could be hitting the LVC try lowering it a little, try 3.0 per cell.
Paul
LVC was an issue when I first used it. It's at 2.8 now. The old xxx-4 never lasted thru a full pack with out breaking on me. LVC was never an issue.

After 3mins of running, the packs still showed 8.2v. Car runs fine for over 10 mins without the body. Almost thought about trying to reverse the direction of the fan.

Prob gonna have to step up to the 120 amp H/W ESC to prevent this from happening. Even the next step up @ 90amps is only rated for 8.5 turn motors.

The 22-4 is heavy for a wheeler. My old xxx-4 g+ weighed the same as my son's B4.1!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Anyone running the SCT Pro/4700KV combo in a Losi SCTE? Just wondering where to start on gearing as a friend just ordered this setup today. Small to medium outdoor tracks.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default I am running the combo...

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Anyone running the SCT Pro/4700KV combo in a Losi SCTE? Just wondering where to start on gearing as a friend just ordered this setup today. Small to medium outdoor tracks.

Thanks
I am running the combo but I am running it on an Associated SC10 4x4 in medium indoor track.

I think an 11 or 12 tooth pinion on your 2.0 would be a good starting point. My gut tells me you will end up with a 12 or 13 on outdoor medium size track but I would start with the 11 just to be safe!

Good Luck!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Stock Spec esc not available

Falcon Sekido says not available. Looks like pending roar approval. Anyone know price and when available.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlpressley

Thanks
Small track 13t, medium to large 14t.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Looks Like Pete has a few in stock.

Originally Posted by Micah123
Falcon Sekido says not available. Looks like pending roar approval. Anyone know price and when available.
Pete from Fiercercsolutions.com has a few in stock. He is an authorized dealer of Hobbywing North America Products so you get full warranty and service when purchasing from him.

http://www.fiercercsolutions.com/XER...0112101001.htm

Good Luck!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

My HW V3.1 started having issues this past friday. At first it started getting some hesitation on throttle and would cog at low rpms, then a battery pack later the esc would shut of by itself. Upon turning it back on it would turn itself off again randomly. Does this sound like a power button issue?
Old 02-03-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just bought a 150 amp xerun esc and have a few questions. I plan to run the esc in a 1/8 scale mbx7e and im new at 1/8 scale buggy. Do I need to add a extra BEC to the esc and can I run a trinity 1900 d8 motor or what motor can I run? Also I will be running the buggy on some med to large tracks and need tips on gearing "mod 1". also the hobby shop I bought the esc from dose not have the program card or the usb unit> need to know where I can buy full line of xerun product< Thanks for any help I can get.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default Xerun 150 Amp ESC - Great Purchase!

Originally Posted by scott vandoran
I just bought a 150 amp xerun esc and have a few questions. I plan to run the esc in a 1/8 scale mbx7e and im new at 1/8 scale buggy. Do I need to add a extra BEC to the esc and can I run a trinity 1900 d8 motor or what motor can I run? Also I will be running the buggy on some med to large tracks and need tips on gearing "mod 1". also the hobby shop I bought the esc from dose not have the program card or the usb unit> need to know where I can buy full line of xerun product< Thanks for any help I can get.
Scott,

1. If you plan to run the ESC on 4-6 Lipo Cell Battery then you do not need an external BEC. They only time you need an External BEC with the 150 AMP ESC is if you plan to run 2 or 3 cell Lipo Batteries.

2. The Esc will work with most any brand of 1/8 scale motors. The D8 is a good choice as I personally ran a D8 1950 last year with the exrun 150. Any of the Hobbywing Motors Make a good combo as well.

3. For gearing your best bet is to go to the Mugen thread below and specify what KV motor you are looking to run and someone with knowledge on that specific buggy can provide some gearing recommendations. I run an RC8.2e and with the 1900KV motor I would gear around 46/18 or 19 for medium to large outdoor track, but the gear reduction of the RC8.2 is a little different from the mugen.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...pec-buggy.html

4. You an purchase directly from Hobbywing North America's website or from any one of the Authorized Dealers of Hobbywing Products. Make sure you are purchasing from an Authorized Dealer so you get full warranty and service from HWNA.

Hobbywing North America Website:
http://www.falconsekido.com/

List of HWNA Authorized Dealers:
http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/authorized-dealer

I recommend this Authorized Dealer as he is a great guy:
www.fiercercsolutions.com

Good Luck

Alan
Old 02-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott vandoran
The BEC in that unit is fine with 4s, no need to do anything there. I would start with maybe a 16 or 17 pinion. I get all my stuff direct from Falconsekido.com, fast shipping and great service, but any of the authorized dealers would be satisfactory.
Paul
Old 02-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Xerun 150 Amp ESC - Great Purchase!
yes yes, I bought it with a great deal on Ebay *99$.
Cant wait to run it on my scte 2.0. Planning to combo with HW pro 4700KV.
Any setups advices for runnning it in medium-large tracks? thx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.