HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Not sure if you need them...

Originally Posted by TripleThick
Quick question - Are the "Super Capacitors Module" (found on the hobbywing website under car & truck systems in options) good for the SCT Xerun Pro esc? Only unsure because it's not listed as one, but I'd imagine since they don't have any other caps listed that those would be the ones?
The SCT Pro has the caps built into it rather than an external cap board. There would be no reason to run the additional board over the current ones on board.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by onefast8
WTF, now I need a counterfeit code to get the software for my 3.1?

Every time I turn around, I regret buying this speedo.

Great engineering, garbage support.

Jake who have you contacted for support ? Please send your enquiry to [email protected]

Also you dont need a anti counterfeit code to download software.

Please send me an email and we will get you sorted

Regards Angelo
Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Sounds like you are close...

Originally Posted by drake_1985
Hi, i'm usign a ESC Hobbywing V3 on my 1:12th with 1s lipo.
For the servo and the receiver i use a little 2s lipo and i've removed the red wire from the ESC to the receiver.
My problem is that with sensor cable connected to the motor the ESC dont want to turn on and when i disconnect the sensor cable it turn on immediatly.
I've tried to change sensor cable but nothing change.
I use a LRP X20 10.5T stock spec motor but i try with another X12 LRP 10.5T motor but nothing change.
I know that this ESC can be used at 1s (andy moore used it at the last world championship) but i can not understand what can be...
I disabled the cut-off of the lipo on the ESC... i've tried all but nothing change.
If i connect a 2s lipo the esc turn on then with 1s lipo he turn on but after few time he return to dont turn on....
Do you have any suggestions for me?
Please check and verify that you have turned off the Overheat Thermal Protection for the motor. It is a setting inside the esc. When you plug the sensor wire in it is looking for a temp sensor in the motor. See if this helps and good luck!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I would try to re flash the firmware and see if that help. It may be a mechanical issue with the button itself as well. If re-flashing doesn't help you can still send the esc in for repair or replacement.

Good Luck!
That is not a software issue ot is a esc issue were when the esc gets hot the characteristics of the fet change and the esc must cool down before you can switch it off.

Can you please tell me if the esc switches off if you hold the brakes on your radio for more than 6 secs ?

You need to send your esc back to where you purchased it from fir a modification or replacement.It needs a new fet.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default 150 Amp ESC on 2s

Originally Posted by 84 GT 5.0
anyone?
You should be able to just change setting 12 to 2 Cell Lipo and be all good. Not sure why you would need to run a BEC as the current BEC regulates the voltage from 2 cells and up.

If I get a chance I will test mine on 2s this weekend and confirm there are no issues.

Alan
Old 01-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JFuel11
You should be able to just change setting 12 to 2 Cell Lipo and be all good. Not sure why you would need to run a BEC as the current BEC regulates the voltage from 2 cells and up.

If I get a chance I will test mine on 2s this weekend and confirm there are no issues.

Alan
I know the 150 amp xerun states 2-6 s lipo but the bec just doesnt fuction properly under a 3 s lipo the voltage drops to low for the bec to function so i recommend a 4s lipo and above thats why we supply the unit with 2 x voltage cables.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks for the confirmation on this issue.

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I know the 150 amp xerun states 2-6 s lipo but the bec just doesnt fuction properly under a 3 s lipo the voltage drops to low for the bec to function so i recommend a 4s lipo and above thats why we supply the unit with 2 x voltage cables.
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Sent in my ESC under warranty last week. HW received it on Friday, received an e-mail that I would be receiving a replacement and I would e-mailed tracking info when it shipped on Tuesday. I received a tracking number on the same day and received a brand new ESC today.

I would say that was pretty good customer service!

Thanks HW
Scott
Old 01-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay first time user here, coming from a Tekin background.

Received my xerun 150a and while unsoldering the factory wires I had a post come off. Am I up a creek without a paddle or can I send it in?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sroufe7
Sent in my ESC under warranty last week. HW received it on Friday, received an e-mail that I would be receiving a replacement and I would e-mailed tracking info when it shipped on Tuesday. I received a tracking number on the same day and received a brand new ESC today.

I would say that was pretty good customer service!

Thanks HW
Scott
What a great story of customer service Scott. Glad you got taken care of!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by McGuire

Received my xerun 150a and while unsoldering the factory wires I had a post come off. Am I up a creek without a paddle or can I send it in?

Thanks in advance
Im sure they could help you out I would just follow the link below.

http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/rma
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by McGuire

Thanks in advance
from the usa please send it to falcon sekido they will be able to sort you out
Old 01-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

just some info about the sct pro and xerun 150 amps sensored esc's from Hobbywing

Because Hobbywing's esc's run a pure sensored signal from esc to motor and so many large motors being used especially 4 pole which produce very large currents and electro magnetic interference we decided to make our software much friendlier to errors so complete shut downs dont occur .

We have changed the software a couple of months ago to work like this explained below.

During Start the esc is in sensored mode to build up initial torque once the vehicle takes off the esc runs in sensorless mode until the neutral position or brakes are applied once you apply the throttle again the unit switches to sensored mode then sensorless mode while in operation until neutral or brakes are applied then the cycle starts again etc etc .

we did it this way as i mentioned because of high current motors that do produce alot of interference thus causing errors to a pure sensored signal.

we produced the software so we dont have the situation when an esc is more of a on and off switch instead of being a smooth /linear esc which makes it easier to drive .

to be honest most 1/10th and 1/8th esc's these days on the market are on and off switches so that the reason why we didnt go that way so we introduced a dual switch mode for sensored/sensorless.

I hope i havent bored you guys but i think it is information you needed to know .

Ps: i also recommend 4s and above to be run in the xerun 150 amp and thats the reason why we supply 2 x power cables .Yes i understand that the specs say can run a 2s but sometimes the bec drop below voltage causing a gap between the throttle which many think is a delay but its now its a voltage issue.We should have changed that spec a long time ago ,some solve it with a cap plugged into the reciever but i dont recommend it .

Anyway enough of me happy racing guys and girls

Angelo
Old 01-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

just some info about the sct pro and xerun 150 amps sensored esc's from Hobbywing

Because Hobbywing's esc's run a pure sensored signal from esc to motor and so many large motors being used especially 4 pole which produce very large currents and electro magnetic interference we decided to make our software much friendlier to errors so complete shut downs dont occur .

We have changed the software a couple of months ago to work like this explained below.

During Start the esc is in sensored mode to build up initial torque once the vehicle takes off the esc runs in sensorless mode until the neutral position or brakes are applied once you apply the throttle again the unit switches to sensored mode then sensorless mode while in operation until neutral or brakes are applied then the cycle starts again etc etc .

we did it this way as i mentioned because of high current motors that do produce alot of interference thus causing errors to a pure sensored signal.

we produced the software so we dont have the situation when an esc is more of a on and off switch instead of being a smooth /linear esc which makes it easier to drive .

to be honest most 1/10th and 1/8th esc's these days on the market are on and off switches so that the reason why we didnt go that way so we introduced a dual switch mode for sensored/sensorless.

I hope i havent bored you guys but i think it is information you needed to know .

Ps: i also recommend 4s and above to be run in the xerun 150 amp and thats the reason why we supply 2 x power cables .Yes i understand that the specs say can run a 2s but sometimes the bec drop below voltage causing a gap between the throttle which many think is a delay but its now its a voltage issue.We should have changed that spec a long time ago ,some solve it with a cap plugged into the reciever but i dont recommend it .

Anyway enough of me happy racing guys and girls

Angelo
Great info totally understand. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.