Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Happy New Year everyone! I been busy putting my new Tekno EB48.2 with a SCT Pro.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hi there,

My 150A esc has its red led on all the time. The esc still works but can I know what is the problem? My motor is currently a sensorless while my esc is sensored.

PLS help
Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Originally Posted by d_scientist
Hi there,

My 150A esc has its red led on all the time. The esc still works but can I know what is the problem? My motor is currently a sensorless while my esc is sensored.

PLS help
Sounds like you just need to set the throttle trim on your radio. If I remember correctly the light should be off at neutral but I may be wrong.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by d_scientist
Hi there,

PLS help
I would recalibrate

After power on, red LED always lights

Throttle signal is abnormal

Plug the control wire into the throttle channel of the receiver correctly.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Use Any One You Want

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
Jful11
been using your blinky setup works good. I used it on the esc were it's at(zero timing)
if I want to try your other set ups were on the esc should I do this were it's at buggy/sct.
or mode 1.or 17.5 there are 10 things to pick from.?
Jerry,

You can really use any one you want as you can't really mess anything up. The Profiles are just pre-set to help but can be changed and configured how you like.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here's a quick update:
Got the track owner to give me some time to run the car on the track yesterday, and after about the 3 1/2 minute mark the green and red LEDs were flashing, which indicates that the motor is a sensored motor, but the ESC detects abnormal signal from the sensor, so it switches into sensorless mode.
The manual also states to check the connection of the sensor cable, which I did, both cables I tried, fit snug into the motor and ESC. Again, stated in the manual, the sensors in the motor may be damaged, please change the motor.

I took apart my Thunder Power 17.5 sensored brushless and inspected the sensor unit, sure enough, it smelled and looked burnt. The motor was set to 30 degrees of timing during the December 15 race and got extremely hot, this is the same race my Tekin got plugged in backwards.

I'm going to order a new sensor unit for my TP and see if that's the problem.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tracy B
Here's a quick update:
Got the track owner to give me some time to run the car on the track yesterday, and after about the 3 1/2 minute mark the green and red LEDs were flashing, which indicates that the motor is a sensored motor, but the ESC detects abnormal signal from the sensor, so it switches into sensorless mode.
The manual also states to check the connection of the sensor cable, which I did, both cables I tried, fit snug into the motor and ESC. Again, stated in the manual, the sensors in the motor may be damaged, please change the motor.

I took apart my Thunder Power 17.5 sensored brushless and inspected the sensor unit, sure enough, it smelled and looked burnt. The motor was set to 30 degrees of timing during the December 15 race and got extremely hot, this is the same race my Tekin got plugged in backwards.

Thanks for the update, glad your making progress.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default I like progress...

Originally Posted by Tracy B
Here's a quick update:

I have found that the TP motors product decent power but I have witness many having this issue because they don't like a lot of heat and they get that burnt varnish smell over time. On the same note many have had really good luck with them, but they are not my cup of tea.

Hope you get it all worked out!

Good Luck

Alan
Old 01-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

With help from a good friend, we got my spyder all wired up. Just from doing a little epa testing and diff breaking in we are both astonished at the smoothness and overall quality of this 50$ esc!

Pre motor and receiver mock up.

Final install.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Buggy looks good
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Thanks jful11
Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Captcha
With help from a good friend, we got my spyder all wired up. Just from doing a little epa testing and diff breaking in we are both astonished at the smoothness and overall quality of this 50$ esc!

Pre motor and receiver mock up.

Final install.
Very nice, whos your friend?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Very nice, whos your friend?
Jim Andersen, pete. He helped me clean everything up and keep it all tidy.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Captcha
Jim Andersen, pete. He helped me clean everything up and keep it all tidy.
Figured that.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FastPete
I would recalibrate

After power on, red LED always lights

Throttle signal is abnormal

Plug the control wire into the throttle channel of the receiver correctly.
Originally Posted by charlesandstuff
Sounds like you just need to set the throttle trim on your radio. If I remember correctly the light should be off at neutral but I may be wrong.
Thanks a lot guys... will go back and check again.. hopefully thats the problem as I have been melting the battery lead solder 3 times yesterday!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.