Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree198Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 12-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

FastPete, that's why I run a receiver pack and turned off the low voltage protection.
I had to do the same with my Tekin RS that I fried two weeks ago because it had gotten plugged in backwards.

My Justock came with a fan already installed on it, never thought of or tried removing until now.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uh oh little malfunction quad post lol
Old 12-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry about the quad post, my internet connection is being slow and when it didn't post the first time, I refreshed my browser and tried again.

Last edited by Tracy B; 12-29-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 12-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

I am assuming Hobby Partz is a reliable source to purchase Hobbywing products from? Looking to grab a JS1 system for a 1/10 2wd buggy.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Thanks for the detailed info, 1S? I don't believe the Juststock is made for 1S that's the only thing I kinda see that may be a issue.
i was thinking the same.....
Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Turn Voltage Cutoff Back Down...

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
running into the low voltage cutoff way early with my HB ezrun 60a-sl esc and tacon motor combo. factory setting is 3.0v/cell and i up it to 3.4v/cell just in case.

pack is a 2cell SMC 70c 6500mah. it's fresh.

your help is appreciated.
The problem is the level you have voltage cutoff set to currently. Depending on your setup, gearing, surface, vehicle and battery quality, you could be easily pulling the battery voltage down to 6.8 total volts under heavy load just a few minutes into a run.

I would set voltage cutoff back to 3.0 Volts per cell or even 2.8 per cell. I have never had a problem with VCs set this low and having a pack go bad. This is Voltage under load and not no-load voltage. Even with the VC set to 2.8 and you hit cutoff, if you checked your pack voltage after you get back to the pit, it would most likely be around 6.0 - 6.4 total volts with no load.

Let us know if this helps please.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default Need to remove a wire...

Originally Posted by Tracy B
I just purchased and installed a Justock Club SPEC ESC and today experienced problems.
First a little background:
Car -- KSK SparK SK Spec
Motor -- Thunderpower 17.5 Brushless
Battery -- 6800 mah 1S LiPo
Receiver pack -- 250 mah LiFe
Radio Gear: Hitec 2.4Ghz Atom 3 Receiver/Hitec Aggressor SRX Pro radio

Since I use a receiver pack, I leave the ESC switch off and only use the receiver pack switch to turn the car on/off.

The ESC would run the car fine for about 3 1/2 minutes, then it would act like either the sensor wire came undone, the low voltage protection kicked in, or the over-heat protection kicked in.
I first tried turning off the over-heat protection, still the same as above.
Next I tried turning off the low voltage protection, still the same result.
Tried a new sensor wire and still the same result.
Each time, when I remove the body and look at the ESC, the green light is flashing. Once I let the car sit for a minute or two and/or turn the switch off and back on, car will work fine for another 3 1/2 minutes or so, then the same result.
I normally use one battery for an entire race day and charge the LiFe pack and the main battery between rounds. I tried a different battery and still got the same results.

Any help on this subject would be appreciated.
Most of the time when running an ESC intended for 2s in a 1s application you often need to remove the red wire that runs to the RX from the ESC. This ensures that the BEC system only sees the RX Pack voltage and not the main lipo voltage which can sometimes trigger a Voltage cutoff. I would then still run the ESC with the switch on as well.

I would also make sure to set the voltage to a specific 3.0 volts and not 3.0 per cell.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default No fan needed

FastPete, that's why I run a receiver pack and turned off the low voltage protection.
I had to do the same with my Tekin RS that I fried two weeks ago because it had gotten plugged in backwards.

My Justock came with a fan already installed on it, never thought of or tried removing until now.
You shouldn't need the fan, I would remove it as well unless you run a higher turn motor. Watch ESC temps though because when running 1s, because it is half the voltage of 2s your AMP draw can double.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default No fan needed

You shouldn't need the fan, I would remove it as well unless you run a higher turn motor. Watch ESC temps though because when running 1s, because it is half the voltage of 2s your AMP draw can double.

Also are you running the same gearing and motor combo that you ran with Your Tekin RS?
Old 12-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Verify they are an approved US Dealer...

Originally Posted by hlpressley
I am assuming Hobby Partz is a reliable source to purchase Hobbywing products from? Looking to grab a JS1 system for a 1/10 2wd buggy.
I am not sure if they are an approved us dealer here in the US. If they are not on the dealer list from this website then you will not be able to have Warranty Service from Hobbywing North America.

Here is a list of dealers directly from HWNA Website:
http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/authorized-dealer

Or you can purchase directly from www.fiercercsolutions.com who is an Authorized dealer along with many more. Pete is on the forums often helping out which is why I would recommend him. Great guy.

You can also purchase directly from HWNA Website:
http://www.falconsekido.com/collections/vehicle

Good Luck and have fun!

Alan
Old 12-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I need some help! I have a xerun sct pro black for the esc and I have the xerun 6.5t v10 motor. I purchased a 2 n 1 program box. I have updated the program box but I can't get the box to connect to the esc. I have read that you have to connect it to the fan output and tried as many different versions of the software that I could find. If anyone has advice for me or knows the problem PLEASE HELP!!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I am not sure if they are an approved us dealer here in the US. If they are not on the dealer list from this website then you will not be able to have Warranty Service from Hobbywing North America.

Here is a list of dealers directly from HWNA Website:
http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/authorized-dealer

Or you can purchase directly from www.fiercercsolutions.com who is an Authorized dealer along with many more. Pete is on the forums often helping out which is why I would recommend him. Great guy.

You can also purchase directly from HWNA Website:
http://www.falconsekido.com/collections/vehicle

Good Luck and have fun!

Alan
Thank you!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Remove Wire going to RX

Originally Posted by Alex498
I need some help! I have a xerun sct pro black for the esc and I have the xerun 6.5t v10 motor. I purchased a 2 n 1 program box. I have updated the program box but I can't get the box to connect to the esc. I have read that you have to connect it to the fan output and tried as many different versions of the software that I could find. If anyone has advice for me or knows the problem PLEASE HELP!!
Make sure you are removing the wire going from the ESC to the RX from the RX. When you power up the ESC and it finds the RX signal that can cause it to not connect to the programmer box some times. But still connect the programmer to the fan port. Make sure you have the wires inserted correctly. As a last resort try connect to the RX wire on the ESC and see if it will connect.

Here are some more details on this process:

http://www.falconsekido.com/blogs/ne...-xerun-sct-pro

let us know if it goes please.

Thanks

Alan
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thinking I might just order Xtreme Stock from Hobbywing North America. Do I need to load firmware in order to change to zero timing or is that something I can change using my LED program card?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default JFuel11

Yes JFuel11, I am running the same gear ratio and motor as I was with the Tekin RS, 64 pitch gears, 76 spur/46 pinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.