HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 12-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
new 3.4 version is out....Merry Christmas Everyone................http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218
Really like my HW products, but... man that webpage is awful!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Very Smooth

Originally Posted by evolution03
I'm running orion esc and orion 6.5 in 4wd buggy. Im thinking about getting the v3.1 in my stadium truck with possibly one of the hobby wing 8.5 motors. What do you guys think about the Hobby wing motors ? How is their power band smooth like the orion ?
I have been running the 8.5 in my 2wd SCT and 2wd Buggy and have been really happy with them. They have a very smooth powerband put put on the power when needed. They respond to timing adjustment very well and run super cool! I have found they like one tooth more than some of the other 8.5s The respond to a little Turbo or Boost very well if you want just a little more power out of them if needed.

Good Luck!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I have been running the 8.5 in my 2wd SCT and 2wd Buggy and have been really happy with them. They have a very smooth powerband put put on the power when needed. They respond to timing adjustment very well and run super cool! I have found they like one tooth more than some of the other 8.5s The respond to a little Turbo or Boost very well if you want just a little more power out of them if needed.

Good Luck!
+1. The new-er v10 motors are some of the best I've used. They stay very cool and respond to ESC timing in any form very well, just as jfuel said. I have the 6.5 in my 4wd and it is by far the fastest down the straight.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (99%+)

I just purchased a used sct pro and it has the switch removed. Not a big deal because I know I can get a replacement and hook it back up... BUT I read somewhere about a guy cutting off the switch in order to run high voltage servos. I'm going to be putting this sct pro in my e-buggy and going to be running a high voltage servo so if I could get all the power out of it if love to do that. So how do I go about wiring it for a high voltage servo?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
jfuel 11 Picking your brain again..

was playing around with punch rate in Blinky mode (zero timing) I did not see any differnce in the running of the B4.1 buggy.the 1st punch I set at 12 % the 2nd I left at 30%.than i got to thinking that in zero timing or Blinky this would not work that its just a plane out esc at zero.is that wright?..and in your wright up you may want to cover the setting on the raido also EPA and so on..I am gussing the if you use the setting in the ESC the raido settings should be at 100%.I don't know for sure just my guss?I was doing this in the street just testing the settings to see if i can notice any change in the running of the buggy.but i did not change any thing in the raido. so what should the raido settings be at? thanks again Jerry
any help
Old 12-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just pulled the trigger on my first HW product. Picked up a JuStock Black edition, and a LED Program card.

Does anyone have good settings start point to try that would maximize it for a 17.5 2wd buggy on med to high bite?
Old 12-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Anti Countereit Code

Where can this code be found and if misplaced can you get a replacement code?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Anti Counterfeit Code

Duplicate..
Old 12-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
I just purchased a used sct pro and it has the switch removed. Not a big deal because I know I can get a replacement and hook it back up... BUT I read somewhere about a guy cutting off the switch in order to run high voltage servos. I'm going to be putting this sct pro in my e-buggy and going to be running a high voltage servo so if I could get all the power out of it if love to do that. So how do I go about wiring it for a high voltage servo?
Pretty sure you can wire it right to the battery, JFuel thoughts?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thinking of getting a truggy what hobby wing setup would you guys recommend? ?? I'm going to be using 4s since I already have some!! I don't really race all that much just usually play around with an occasional race here and there. Sorry for my ignorance but the whole kv thing confuses me. I think I have it narrowed down to the 1800 the 2000 or 2200. I've heard of people putting buggy motors in their truggy and gearing it different to get it right but I don't really want to mess with that!!! Since I don't really race much I want a motor that can kick butt but on race days be able to tone it down to be manageable on a track!!! Once again sorry if these are dumb questions just want to make sure I get the right combo. Also do I technically need the 150a esc or will the 120a be enough??? Thanks for any input I would appreciate it!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Pretty sure you can wire it right to the battery, JFuel thoughts?
That won't work if he's running 4s in his ebuggy. Castle 10a bec would get you 7.4v.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
That won't work if he's running 4s in his ebuggy. Castle 10a bec would get you 7.4v.
You are correct. I saw SCT Pro and was thinking Teknos SCT.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Punch Rate...

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
jfuel 11 Picking your brain again..

was playing around with punch rate in Blinky mode (zero timing) I did not see any differnce in the running of the B4.1 buggy.the 1st punch I set at 12 % the 2nd I left at 30%.than i got to thinking that in zero timing or Blinky this would not work that its just a plane out esc at zero.is that wright?..and in your wright up you may want to cover the setting on the raido also EPA and so on..I am gussing the if you use the setting in the ESC the raido settings should be at 100%.I don't know for sure just my guss?I was doing this in the street just testing the settings to see if i can notice any change in the running of the buggy.but i did not change any thing in the raido. so what should the raido settings be at? thanks again Jerry
Jerry,

In Blinky Mode you really will not notice a huge effect with punch rates when running a 17.5 because they really don't pull that much for amps in comparison to a mod motor. You may have to turn punch rate down as low as 5 or 10 to see a real change. With the 17.5 Most time you should be running 20 to 30 punch rate at all times unless on super low traction and even then I would work on training your finger to roll up on the throttle more.

I will cover some radio settings but will be more focused on the ESC settings.

Depending on Radio... For example Futaba radios go to 100 for EPA but Spektrum will go to 120. I am running Spektrum radios for now and still set my endpoints to 100 for forward and brake. I then set my esc to that setting. Then if I need to turn power or brakes down on the radio I have a baseline of 100 to work from always.

I could write 10 pages just on when to adjust ESC vs Radio vs just driving...

Alan
Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default No Great Answer...

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
I have never done this before so I am only speculating...

I would imagine that the power coming into the switch would be the same voltage as the battery so it would power a servo at the higher rate of voltage. Keep in mind if you are running more than 2s for batteries this would be too much voltage.

I personally would rather run power direclty from the battery or an external BEC if I felt the need for more servo power in my SCT that supports High Voltage.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default 17.5 Setup...

Originally Posted by Captcha
Just pulled the trigger on my first HW product. Picked up a JuStock Black edition, and a LED Program card.

Does anyone have good settings start point to try that would maximize it for a 17.5 2wd buggy on med to high bite?
Do you have your gearing all figured out and are just looking for ESC Settings?

In regards to the ESC the Justock has pretty basic programing. Please confirm we are talking about the actual Justock and not the V3.1 100 Amp Stock ESC...

If it is the Just Stock only then I would leverage the following settings:

Running Mode: Forward/Brake
Drag Brake: 10%
Voltage Cutoff - 6.0 Volts or 3.0 per cell
DDRS (Start Mode) - Max (9 - I think)
Max Brake Force - 75%
Max Reverse Force - 25% (If using reverse)
Initial Brake Force - = To Drag Brake
Neutral 6% Normal
Over-Heat Protection (On or Enabled)

If you need any help with gearing let me know and if you are running the actual V3.1 Stock Version (100 Amp Version) Let me know!

Alan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.