Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree196Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
What are the differences between the stock spec 3.1 and the 120 A 3.1? Can you use the same box? Do both have that nifty shutt off by breaking feature? Is it just the turn of motor you can use? Any difference in smoothness or punch for 17.5 racing? Can I fit one more question in?
Stoc spec 100 amp plastic case 120 amp cnc case both are linear/smooth same lcd box can be used.

More questions no problem fire away.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Stoc spec 100 amp plastic case 120 amp cnc case both are linear/smooth same lcd box can be used.

More questions no problem fire away.
Thanks. Both can be turned off by breaking for 5 seconds? Also, just noticed you're in Shenzhen. I used to travel to SZ for work. Used to work near SZ University.

I've never seen buildings go up so fast as in SZ.

So really, there's no significant difference other than amperage and case? Those red cases do look good.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Thanks. Both can be turned off by breaking for 5 seconds? Also, just noticed you're in Shenzhen. I used to travel to SZ for work. Used to work near SZ University.

I've never seen buildings go up so fast as in SZ.

So really, there's no significant difference other than amperage and case? Those red cases do look good.
Correct just amps also the 5sec turn esc off is used to save the data for the logger but we will have that as an option on the software soon as we have noticed some tracks are down hill starts and some drivers have to hold the breaks and thats were the esc turns off not of use to these track designs so we need it as an option
Old 11-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran my first ever HW product today, the SCT Pro in my newly Tekno Converted D8E.

It was great, I really liked it, until I managed to hit a section of the track that was sticking out and kill the front end of the car.

Oh well.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Genebaby;12690440]I ran my first ever HW product today, the SCT Pro in my newly Tekno Converted D8E.

It was great, I really liked it, until I managed to hit a section of the track that was sticking out and kill the front end of the car.

Oh well.[/QUOTE

Im glad you like your hobbywing now get the front end fixed and get back out there and have fun
Old 11-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=COBRARACING;12690444]
Originally Posted by Genebaby
I ran my first ever HW product today, the SCT Pro in my newly Tekno Converted D8E.

Oh well.[/QUOTE

Im glad you like your hobbywing now get the front end fixed and get back out there and have fun
I will, I will!!

I was hoping to race it next weekend. Today was a Tech Day so I was giving this newly built car a test and run.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Genebaby;12690446]

I will, I will!!

I was hoping to race it next weekend. Today was a Tech Day so I was giving this newly built car a test and run.
Any issues in the future please email me at [email protected]
Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any issues in the future please email me at [email protected]
Thank you!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Yep I am looking at the Xtreme stock 60A
If i remember right the Xtreme stock is no longer made..
Old 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for answering all my questions. My next race ESC purchase will be HW.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi all,

I just picked up an Scte 2.0 and it has a xerun 150amp in it....it seems to have a few problems...the major one is that when i turn it on, it powers up fine. Then when i hit the throttle it instantly shuts everything down and everything gets incredibly hot...it ran fine for a few tests i did when wiring it, now it does this...second the on off switch...it looks like he super glued it in the on position...i tried to turn it off and broke the switch...is it possible to get a new switch and just wire it in myself....

Thanks for any possible help
Old 11-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just bought a brand new Hobbywing SCT Pro Combo for my SCTE and it died after one battery run. Has anyone had this issue, still waiting for HB to send me my RMA replacement.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zuki250
is it possible to get a new switch and just wire it in myself....
if there are 3 wires...the red and black can be tied together so as soon as a batter is plugged in, it turns on and the white wire accesses the programming so if you touch the white wire real quick to the other 2 before hooking up the battery/turning it on it will access programming if that makes sense and avoid a switch all together
Old 11-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zuki250
Hi all,

I just picked up an Scte 2.0 and it has a xerun 150amp in it....it seems to have a few problems...the major one is that when i turn it on, it powers up fine. Then when i hit the throttle it instantly shuts everything down and everything gets incredibly hot...it ran fine for a few tests i did when wiring it, now it does this...second the on off switch...it looks like he super glued it in the on position...i tried to turn it off and broke the switch...is it possible to get a new switch and just wire it in myself....

I have switches in stock at the website in my signature. Now why did it shut down is the next question. Sounds like something was shorted?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by basil
I just bought a brand new Hobbywing SCT Pro Combo for my SCTE and it died after one battery run. Has anyone had this issue, still waiting for HB to send me my RMA replacement.
Quite strange, I run a SCT Pro in my 1/8 buggy. Got probably 30 packs through it and flawless. HW will take good care of you. Im here to help any questions ask away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.