Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 10-17-2013, 12:58 PM
  #4471  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,765
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by phred
Hey Hobbywing Folks,
I just got a Helion Dominus and need more speed. Here is the kicker can it be done under $75.00? My 10yo son and I bash this truck and it could stand to have a little more power. I'm not running Lipos yet. Still OEM.
Thanks for your help.
No, not under $75. The motor is decent actually, although it may not be the fastest in the world.

Before you change the motor you really should upgrade the ESC since those have been known to fail frequently on those vehicles. Our neighbors did, and I fought with it for a while for him. HobbyTown may warranty replace it, but it just becomes a continued pain in the rump. You can get a waterproof SC8 for $77 which makes a GREAT repalcement and continues the waterproof spirit of the Helion:
http://www.falconsekido.com/products/ezrun-esc-wp-sc8

From there, I would also suggest a Traxxas 2075 servo. They're cheap, waterproof, fast and have plenty of torque for this application. The stock servo is just too slow, and makes it feel like you're driving a non-responsive vehicle. Check ebay for some good prices on the 2075 servo! You should be in the $15-20 range.

Then if you want to let it rip, get the HW 4000kv 4 pole motor for $62:
http://www.falconsekido.com/products/ezm3656sl

This is about twice what you want to spend, but I promise you will be pleased with the results.
goehm is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 01:05 PM
  #4472  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,765
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by silveraider14
yeah they told me $125 for a gen 2

and I need it in a hurry so hobbywing it is!
Often overlooked: the XERUN 120A v3.0 and v3.1 ESCs work great in this application (TEN-SCTE), as does the XERUN v2.1 120A.

Both give you more tunability, are lighter, but are a bit more expensive (the 3.x versions on the higher end of the scale).

I am currently running the v3.0 in my SCTE and really couldn't be happier. Well, unless someone gave me a v3.1!
goehm is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 01:36 PM
  #4473  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (84)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,388
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

anyone use the justock esc's? Most of your posts here are on the sct and 8th scale esc's. I am looking for a sub $50 esc and the justock is one of the ones I am looking into.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 PM
  #4474  
Tech Elite
 
rcboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 3,703
Default

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
anyone use the justock esc's? Most of your posts here are on the sct and 8th scale esc's. I am looking for a sub $50 esc and the justock is one of the ones I am looking into.
The justock is a great little esc. It is based off of the v2/v2.1 line which i believe youve said you are currently running in other cars. It is just as good, but is obviously limited in adjustment and motor limit.
rcboy1 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 PM
  #4475  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (84)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,388
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, this is for 17.5 in my kids tlr22 buggy. She does not need boost or turbo. In fact, I dont use those either in my cars.

Last edited by Wildcat1971; 10-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 04:31 PM
  #4476  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

i had the xtreme stock with blinky and loved it with the revtech 17.5 for racing locally but wanted the option to do more down the road but sold the buggy so sold the esc but was happy with it
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 05:50 AM
  #4477  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Default Can't set the throttle range!!! HELP!!!

Hey,

I just got the Hobbywing WP SC8 EZRUN ESC yesterday. I am trying to use it on my Rustler with the stock motor (velineon). I have the TQi 2.4ghz 2 channel transmitter and the 5 channel receiver. Everything worked when I had the vx-3s ESC till I hooked up a 3s lipo and smoked it. I went with the HW WP SC8 because I could safely run 3s with out hurting anything and be waterproof.

I hooked it all up and then tried to set the throttle range. I turned on the transmitter then I held the set button, turn on the power and let go of the set button. Red light flashes and beeps I hit the set button to set the neutral position. Nothing happens. I found a video on how to do it on the HW website. I mirrored him still nothing!!? Sometimes the green light blinks twice. I tried to reset everything to default. Nothing is working! HELP ME PLEASE! Thank you.
Mattbojangles is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM
  #4478  
Tech Adept
 
ClayMoreJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by ClayMoreJosh
I have bought the XTREME Supercharged Combo (XS Series), and I am running in stock mode still.... But I am very pleased with it so far.

My question, Do I need to do any maintenance on the motor, I have been only dusting it with the air compressor... And cleaning/greasing the end bearings from the outside.

Thanks!
Umm bump, anyone?
ClayMoreJosh is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
  #4479  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
BillyT.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,912
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

So my 3 week old SCT-Pro gave up(first with glitching, then the burning smell). I have another one that has been in heavy use for about 8 months, so i am a fan of the product.... Not mad, things happen...

Anyway, I'm sure I have the box, but almost 100 percent certain I don't have the shrink wrap that was on the box that had the warranty label.

Am I hosed?
BillyT. is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 PM
  #4480  
Tech Master
iTrader: (241)
 
nitro_mt_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wapakoneta OH
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ClayMoreJosh
Umm bump, anyone?
You're doing about all you can for motor maintenance. The only other option would be a shot of motor cleaning spray but generally compressed air and light oil on the bearings will do it.
nitro_mt_racer is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 PM
  #4481  
Tech Master
iTrader: (241)
 
nitro_mt_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wapakoneta OH
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BillyT.
So my 3 week old SCT-Pro gave up(first with glitching, then the burning smell). I have another one that has been in heavy use for about 8 months, so i am a fan of the product.... Not mad, things happen...

Anyway, I'm sure I have the box, but almost 100 percent certain I don't have the shrink wrap that was on the box that had the warranty label.

Am I hosed?
Warranty label should be on the box not on the shrink wrap.
nitro_mt_racer is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM
  #4482  
Tech Rookie
 
crazydane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 17
Default Xerun 100a Stock Spec v3.1 without fan...

Hello, I just received my Xerun STOCK Spec v3.1. I am running it in a Team C TC02 2wd buggy with 2s Lipo and Tekin Gen2 8.5T.

The speed control does not fit. In order for me to make it fit I need to raise it on a platform off the chassis. However the fan then gets in the way of the body.

Question: Can I run this speedo "without" the fan safely without damaging this unit?

Cheers,
CD
crazydane is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 PM
  #4483  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,338
Default

Originally Posted by ClayMoreJosh
Umm bump, anyone?

Just make sure the sensor board and bearings are always clean and thats all you need
COBRARACING is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 PM
  #4484  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,338
Default

Originally Posted by Mattbojangles
Hey,

I just got the Hobbywing WP SC8 EZRUN ESC yesterday. I am trying to use it on my Rustler with the stock motor (velineon). I have the TQi 2.4ghz 2 channel transmitter and the 5 channel receiver. Everything worked when I had the vx-3s ESC till I hooked up a 3s lipo and smoked it. I went with the HW WP SC8 because I could safely run 3s with out hurting anything and be waterproof.

I hooked it all up and then tried to set the throttle range. I turned on the transmitter then I held the set button, turn on the power and let go of the set button. Red light flashes and beeps I hit the set button to set the neutral position. Nothing happens. I found a video on how to do it on the HW website. I mirrored him still nothing!!? Sometimes the green light blinks twice. I tried to reset everything to default. Nothing is working! HELP ME PLEASE! Thank you.

Send ne an email at [email protected] regards Angelo
COBRARACING is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 PM
  #4485  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,338
Default

Originally Posted by crazydane
Hello, I just received my Xerun STOCK Spec v3.1. I am running it in a Team C TC02 2wd buggy with 2s Lipo and Tekin Gen2 8.5T.

The speed control does not fit. In order for me to make it fit I need to raise it on a platform off the chassis. However the fan then gets in the way of the body.

Question: Can I run this speedo "without" the fan safely without damaging this unit?

Cheers,
CD
As long as your not running any turbo settings yes you csn run the 8.5T with no fan on the stock spec.
COBRARACING is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.