HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree193Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 10-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68sportcoup
I just purchased an scte2.0 and it came with the hw 120a v3 and 3656 4000 motor.
I haven't got it all installed yet but some of the guys I run with say the esc is to small for 4x4 and will burn up.
one of the guys runs a hw 150a that is much larger than mine yet I think it was cheaper at 90$ new.
all the info on the hw site talks about the v3.1 and the v2.1 and stuff I cant find anything about the v3 except where they tell you about the improvements in the v3.1 over the v3.
it also came with some caps and the programmer.
just wondering if this esc has what it takes id rather not burn it up
thanks for any info guys .
also it is sensored I never ran sensored do I have to run it sensored before rite now im runnin a mmp and a 1410 3800 in another truck
i have been running that exact combo since i've had my truck (tekno SCT410) and it's awesome. i've never seen the esc over 115 degrees (usually around 100) and the motor stays cool as well. it's a great combo for 4x4SC.

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I ran that esc in my scte. it works great, your friends are noobs. you should run it sensored unless you cant for some reason. make sure your running the blinky 508 firmware with no timing
old school thinking. i run both boost and turbo on my combo and i wouldn't go back to no timing. i usually run more boost (anywhere from 5 to 15 degrees) than turbo (usually only about 5 degrees), but i adjust it according to the track. this allows you to gear down for increased driveability on the infield, but the boost kicks in for extra oomph needed on jumps and the turbo helps on the straights. the 4000kv version really responds well to timing.

68sport, if you don't want to mess with timing, i'd start with a 16T pinion. if you want to play with boost/turbo, start with a 14T.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

edit, figured it out. sweet.

Last edited by Tommygun1; 10-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Race Report

Race Report:
Saturday was a great day for racing here on the East Coast. Awesome Raceway in Warrenton Va. held their 5th annual Virginia State Championship Off-road race where attendance was high as usual.
I ended up with the TQ in Short Course Mod. 4wd and finished 2nd behind another Hobbywing driver Brian Miz. Both of our trucks were powered by the V3.1 speed controls, Brian ran a 4000kv 4 pole and I ran the 4700kv. Brian's truck was handling the jumps better than mine so I figured I would use the 4700 because my truck was really great on the fast sweepers on and off of the straight.
The HobbyWing power never let us down as usual. I want to take this time to thank all my sponsors for their support all year,
Hobbywing North America
Falcon Sekido
Tekno
Vpprousa Racing
Radiopost RC
Caster Racing
I could not do this without them...........
Paul Rush
My good friend and fellow Racer Bobby Stroud was tearing it up in E/Buggy using a Hobbywing system in his EB48 when he was taken out of the race with a broken rear shock tower. Bobby qualified 2nd in a field of thirty I believe.....................
Old 10-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Slotmachine;12608435]Race Report:
Saturday was a great day for racing here on the East Coast. Awesome Raceway in Warrenton Va. held their 5th annual Virginia State Championship Off-road race where attendance was high as usual.
I ended up with the TQ in Short Course Mod. 4wd and finished 2nd behind another Hobbywing driver Brian Miz. Both of our trucks were powered by the V3.1 speed controls, Brian ran a 4000kv 4 pole and I ran the 4700kv. Brian's truck was handling the jumps better than mine so I figured I would use the 4700 because my truck was really great on the fast sweepers on and off of the straight.
The HobbyWing power never let us down as usual. I want to take this time to thank all my sponsors for their support all year,
Hobbywing North America
Falcon Sekido
Tekno
Vpprousa Racing
Radiopost RC
Caster Racing
Paul Rush
My good friend and fellow Racer Bobby Stroud was tearing it up in E/Buggy using a Hobbywing system in his EB48 when he was taken out of the race with a broken rear shock tower. Bobby qualified 2nd in a field of thirty I believe.....................[/QUOTE

That is great news paul kerp up the great work .]
Old 10-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks......heres a pic of my truck
Old 10-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
No they dont have repair facilities in the usa the units are sent back to china for warranty.
I know this was awhile ago, but I was recently told by a representative of HWNA that the opposite is correct:

"We have the RMA service facility in North America that we handle all RMA here in Los Angeles. *So his information is not correct. **

However, any products purchased outside of the authorized channels such as stores from Hong Kong, etc, we suggest to return it to the original store as they have they own methods of after-service.*

We are not just ' a distributor'. *we are the HOBBYWING of North America which we share partial resources from our head office HOBBYWING Technology.* "

I have put this here to state the facts. This way customers will know where their damaged/defective escs are headed and they can expect a relatively quick turnaround time.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1
I know this was awhile ago, but I was recently told by a representative of HWNA that the opposite is correct:

"We have the RMA service facility in North America that we handle all RMA here in Los Angeles. *So his information is not correct. **

However, any products purchased outside of the authorized channels such as stores from Hong Kong, etc, we suggest to return it to the original store as they have they own methods of after-service.*

We are not just ' a distributor'. *we are the HOBBYWING of North America which we share partial resources from our head office HOBBYWING Technology.* "

I have put this here to state the facts. This way customers will know where their damaged/defective escs are headed and they can expect a relatively quick turnaround time.
You realize that COBRARACING isn't just some guy off the street, but works for actual Hobbywing right? Before you put out more "Facts" probably should make sure which "fact" is correct That being said, it is kind of ironic that what claims to be one in the same company puts out different statements.

On a side note, with all of the failures and issues I've had with Hobbywing recently and lack of support from hobbywingNA, I'm running mostly tekin now with the exception of my SCT motor. Moving from the SCT-PRO to RX8 yielded a substantial increase in power. Not to say the Hobbywing stuff is bad at all, but at this point I can't say I will miss it other than the slight decrease in cost and the handheld programming box (that will indeed be missed).
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I woud not run any of the 1/8 or sct branded esc's. Too many issues from my reading. The hw v2.1 is awesome though. Best product ever from HW. Cheap, durable and fast.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RokleM
You realize that COBRARACING isn't just some guy off the street, but works for actual Hobbywing right? Before you put out more "Facts" probably should make sure which "fact" is correct That being said, it is kind of ironic that what claims to be one in the same company puts out different statements.

On a side note, with all of the failures and issues I've had with Hobbywing recently and lack of support from hobbywingNA, I'm running mostly tekin now with the exception of my SCT motor. Moving from the SCT-PRO to RX8 yielded a substantial increase in power. Not to say the Hobbywing stuff is bad at all, but at this point I can't say I will miss it other than the slight decrease in cost and the handheld programming box (that will indeed be missed).
The 3.1 has more adjust-ability than tekin, and is less costly.
When it comes to repairs, there is a repair facility in the USA for units bought from a registered USA dealer. If not then it has to go overseas....

Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
Old 10-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RokleM

Yes, I do. He works for Hobbywing in China though, not the U.S.. Any Hobbywing esc bought from an authorized HWNA dealer is under the Falcon warranty and can be sent in for repair in the United States. Any esc bought from Hobbypartz or the like is not covered by Falcons warrenty and thus can only be repaired in China.

Im sorry to hear about that, but I have never had any issues of any kind with my HW gear, and we have only ever seen 2 escs stop working in the time we've been running at our local tracks. Switching to the Tekin and getting more power may be because of another issue, as I gave my friend a sct pro to try (switching from his tekin) and it has a very noticeable increase in power and is much easier to tune. To each their own.

Note: Of course there will be lots of issues from users in this thread. thats what the thread is for after all. Helping customers with issues. I guarantee there are three times as many that run the HW equipment and wont post here saying how good it is.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Race Report:
Hobbywing North America
Falcon Sekido
Tekno
Vpprousa Racing
Radiopost RC
Caster Racing
Paul Rush
My good friend and fellow Racer Bobby Stroud was tearing it up in E/Buggy using a Hobbywing system in his EB48 when he was taken out of the race with a broken rear shock tower. Bobby qualified 2nd in a field of thirty I believe.....................
Great job Paul.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcboy1
Yes, I do. He works for Hobbywing in China though, not the U.S.. Any Hobbywing esc bought from an authorized HWNA dealer is under the Falcon warranty and can be sent in for repair in the United States. Any esc bought from Hobbypartz or the like is not covered by Falcons warrenty and thus can only be repaired in China.

Im sorry to hear about that, but I have never had any issues of any kind with my HW gear, and we have only ever seen 2 escs stop working in the time we've been running at our local tracks. Switching to the Tekin and getting more power may be because of another issue, as I gave my friend a sct pro to try (switching from his tekin) and it has a very noticeable increase in power and is much easier to tune. To each their own.

Note: Of course there will be lots of issues from users in this thread. thats what the thread is for after all. Helping customers with issues. I guarantee there are three times as many that run the HW equipment and wont post here saying how good it is.
Very well said Carter.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

I cut the switch off of my 120 sc Xerun and wonder if there is another way to calibrate it with my transmitter. Any suggestions?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wfohno
I cut the switch off of my 120 sc Xerun and wonder if there is another way to calibrate it with my transmitter. Any suggestions?
Yes you still can, permantly solder or twist the red and black wires together touch the white wire to them while plugging in your battery pack and it will go into calibration mode.
Paul
Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

I've got to say my Hobbywing items have been superb onmy 1/8th X3 buggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DUdVeJIwck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.