Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RokleM
Technically once you get to that point of noticable decrease, you have gone too far.

Personally I know my packs and dislike the LVC on the HW. I've had them shutoff at nearly 4v per cell so I just turned it off. Also, I can just monitor the volts on my TX via telemetry.
this is true, but normally if you stop IMMEDIATELY as you notice a difference your packs will be fine.

I usually set my lvc at about 2.8 because the HW esc seems to have a higher lvc voltage than what you set it at.
Originally Posted by Pulse_
is there any chance HW will release a compact esc for 6s application in 1/8? let's say a 120a?
Compact by how much? sct pro size?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doyschultz
I noticed most of the recent firmware is labeled as V3 thats why I was asking about V3. Can V3 firmware be ran in 2.1 speedo?

Ill use the firmware noted to run blinky mode. In my second car im running the same speedo (120A 2.1) but this car will be ran in a mod class. What is the latest and greatest firmware to run in this car?
Once you hook up your speed control to the PC program it will tell you what firmwares you can use. If its on there, its ok to use. The V3 programs listed when a V2.1 is hooked up is not the same as the V3 speed control firmware. I know its confusing, and I'm not sure why hobbywing did it this way. But the answer is yes. The V3 firmware listed when a V2.1 speed control is safe to use.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulse_
is there any chance HW will release a compact esc for 6s application in 1/8? let's say a 120a?
Yes we do have a plan for a smaller foot print esc to run 1/8
Old 08-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

My SCT410 is rock solid with the ezrun and xerun 3656, but this situation with the SCT-PRO and 2250 in the EB48 is driving me nuts. Did some work on the SCT-PRO and 2250 today to see if I can get it a little more reliable. Unfortunately this means about 10" of wire between the ESC and motor due to the way these wires on the 2250 are connected and can't be removed. I also replaced fan #3 in just a few months after overheating due to another fan failure. This time I have o-rings under the mount, soft mount for the ESC, removed the shroud, and installed o-rings between the fan and head sink.

As I've spent almost $40 on fans already, I think this is the last try before I switch to another manufactures motor and ESC in this buggy.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run the SCT PRO in my EB-48 and have had no failures yet. Fan is still working great. I`m sorry to hear you are having problems.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Got my setting box and it really looking to getting to the track. Just running blinky so really the only thing the setting box does for me is the data logger. How accurate is the motor temp reading? I assume it tracks the max right. Just wondering how the esc could tell a motor temp? Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My SCT410 is rock solid with the ezrun and xerun 3656, but this situation with the SCT-PRO and 2250 in the EB48 is driving me nuts. Did some work on the SCT-PRO and 2250 today to see if I can get it a little more reliable. Unfortunately this means about 10" of wire between the ESC and motor due to the way these wires on the 2250 are connected and can't be removed. I also replaced fan #3 in just a few months after overheating due to another fan failure. This time I have o-rings under the mount, soft mount for the ESC, removed the shroud, and installed o-rings between the fan and head sink.

As I've spent almost $40 on fans already, I think this is the last try before I switch to another manufactures motor and ESC in this buggy.
Hobbywing actually has one of the better fans out of the line up. I have not fully broke a fan since installing Kyosho zeal tape under my esc http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Gel-1-Sheet
Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I also replaced fan #3 in just a few months after overheating due to another fan failure. This time I have o-rings under the mount, soft mount for the ESC, removed the shroud, and installed o-rings between the fan and head sink.

Haven't tried it but makes sense...

Take a little material off the tips of the fan blades. Some fans you can remove, easy... some you can't. I guess you could get some fine sand paper in there to take some off.
Like you seem to be trying to avoid with the zeal & oring mounts, its usually not pebbles getting in there but the blades getting jolted into the housing that eats blades.

Or you can try a fan from Manic. Best fans I've used, very robust. Maybe the dimensions of one of these is the same as yours, or ask him... or you can find them online for cheap too.
http://manicrcfans.com/index_files/Page381.htm

I've had one of his fans in service for over a year.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SCT PRO Help!!!!

I have had my sct pro with the hobbywing 4700 kv motor in my lcg slash for a few months and has been a beast!!!! I don't bash my truck I race it (won tonight, beat up on those tekno s!!!). I took a couple laps after the race and it just shut down. I pulled the body the motor was 140 and the speedo was 230, I unhooked the battery which the terminals were hot to. I put a fan on it let it cool and plugged in a new pack and the capacitors on the speedo started to heat up quickly. I have raced this setup in a 8 min main with no overheating issues outside in the heat, I'd say tonight I was on the track for only 6-7 mins and it is inside and well air conditioned. So is the speedo junk now or can it be fixed?

Thanks
Jared
Old 08-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Yes we do have a plan for a smaller foot print esc to run 1/8
good news, the 120a sct works perfectly fine in a 1/8 and it's smooth too but there is no similar option for high voltage setups
Old 08-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by babydaddy
Hobbywing actually has one of the better fans out of the line up. I have not fully broke a fan since installing Kyosho zeal tape under my esc http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Gel-1-Sheet
Originally Posted by fq06
Haven't tried it but makes sense...

Take a little material off the tips of the fan blades. Some fans you can remove, easy... some you can't. I guess you could get some fine sand paper in there to take some off.
Like you seem to be trying to avoid with the zeal & oring mounts, its usually not pebbles getting in there but the blades getting jolted into the housing that eats blades.

Or you can try a fan from Manic. Best fans I've used, very robust. Maybe the dimensions of one of these is the same as yours, or ask him... or you can find them online for cheap too.
http://manicrcfans.com/index_files/Page381.htm

I've had one of his fans in service for over a year.
That's actually interesting considering most HW drivers I know love the ESC's but despise the fans. The fan technically has three layers of cushioning now, so we'll see.

Yes, this is definitely not debris hitting the fan. The EB48 is a VERY closed chassis, to the point of questionable airflow issues.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Hello! What are you mounting your esc to your buggy with . Try getting some kyosho zeal. Cost about 15 bucks which is minimal when it comes to protecting your esc from impact.Also try changing up your gearing. Drop a pinion or two . I can run my sct pro and a 1800kv without a fan and esc comes off about 125 and motor 160. Do you race or just bash?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JaredN
I have had my sct pro with the hobbywing 4700 kv motor in my lcg slash for a few months and has been a beast!!!! I don't bash my truck I race it (won tonight, beat up on those tekno s!!!). I took a couple laps after the race and it just shut down. I pulled the body the motor was 140 and the speedo was 230, I unhooked the battery which the terminals were hot to. I put a fan on it let it cool and plugged in a new pack and the capacitors on the speedo started to heat up quickly. I have raced this setup in a 8 min main with no overheating issues outside in the heat, I'd say tonight I was on the track for only 6-7 mins and it is inside and well air conditioned. So is the speedo junk now or can it be fixed?

Thanks
Jared
It should definately be sent in for service. You said you've had it for a few months . Depending on what the problem was maybe its still covered under warranty. Did you find out what caused the overheating?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57
It should definately be sent in for service. You said you've had it for a few months . Depending on what the problem was maybe its still covered under warranty. Did you find out what caused the overheating?
No I didn't I think something came loose in the speedo. I am going to call them today and see what I have to do to get it serviced. Just sucks the truck is going to be down.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Losi57
Hello! What are you mounting your esc to your buggy with . Try getting some kyosho zeal. Cost about 15 bucks which is minimal when it comes to protecting your esc from impact.Also try changing up your gearing. Drop a pinion or two . I can run my sct pro and a 1800kv without a fan and esc comes off about 125 and motor 160. Do you race or just bash?
Soft tape. SCT410 is MUCH different than the enclosed EB48. Gearing will not help with fan failures. Racer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.