Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 AM
  #3886  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,486
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RokleM
Most HW ESC's I've seen only support 3A output. Running Savox, a lot of people recommend 5-6A, so it could have indeed been the issue. I would like to see HW increase that number on newer models (as well as adjustable or higher voltage BEC).
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
6.0 volts 3 amp on the sct pro 120 amp model.
That's what I said too, so not sure why you quoted my post and stated the same thing? Or did you not notice the "A" (amps) perhaps? Amps != Volts
RokleM is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 AM
  #3887  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: nassau new york
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hobdog
What is the recommended esc for 2wd mod buggy? I am running a 8.5 and currently run a Tekin rs. Also, what is the correct program box for it? Thanks
The V3 or V3.1.i run the V3 in my buggy with an 8.5 and love it.
tripleh is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 06:21 AM
  #3888  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Erie Pa.
Posts: 3,323
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

The xerun 80 is rated to handle up to 2400 kv. So i pulled the trigger on the HPI/CC 40x72mm 2350kv. It should be fast as he'll.
malik is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM
  #3889  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Went and did some testing a the track today. I changed the pinion to a 12t, set LVC to 3.2v, re-calibrated the throttle range settings and left timing at 0 and punch at 1. I ran my 2s 5300mah 50c-100c lipo till it hit LVC (the ESC was flashing red not green) which was about 20mins of run time. It never cut out once when running, when i checked temps motor 130 and ESC was 90-120 depending where i pointed the temp gun. Im gonna race again Wednesday and ill see how it goes. Which im still a little aprehensive that my problem is solved. I so wanted this Xerun System to just be a ass kicking winning machine. I may have to look for a Xerun 3656-4000kv

Thanks for everyones help
NvDesertRat96 is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:01 PM
  #3890  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,375
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96
Went and did some testing a the track today. I changed the pinion to a 12t, set LVC to 3.2v, re-calibrated the throttle range settings and left timing at 0 and punch at 1. I ran my 2s 5300mah 50c-100c lipo till it hit LVC (the ESC was flashing red not green) which was about 20mins of run time. It never cut out once when running, when i checked temps motor 130 and ESC was 90-120 depending where i pointed the temp gun. Im gonna race again Wednesday and ill see how it goes. Which im still a little aprehensive that my problem is solved. I so wanted this Xerun System to just be a ass kicking winning machine. I may have to look for a Xerun 3656-4000kv

Thanks for everyones help
sounds like you got it figured out. with those temps, after 20 mins, you should be able to gear up at least 1, if not 2 teeth for race conditions. i would still lower LVC to 3.0.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #3891  
Tech Elite
 
rcboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 3,703
Default

Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96
Went and did some testing a the track today. I changed the pinion to a 12t, set LVC to 3.2v, re-calibrated the throttle range settings and left timing at 0 and punch at 1. I ran my 2s 5300mah 50c-100c lipo till it hit LVC (the ESC was flashing red not green) which was about 20mins of run time. It never cut out once when running, when i checked temps motor 130 and ESC was 90-120 depending where i pointed the temp gun. Im gonna race again Wednesday and ill see how it goes. Which im still a little aprehensive that my problem is solved. I so wanted this Xerun System to just be a ass kicking winning machine. I may have to look for a Xerun 3656-4000kv

Thanks for everyones help
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
sounds like you got it figured out. with those temps, after 20 mins, you should be able to gear up at least 1, if not 2 teeth for race conditions. i would still lower LVC to 3.0.
I agree, looks like its all good now. it you are looking for more performance you can either go up on timing or teeth on the pinion. depends what you want from the system.

Just keep the esc and motor at happy temperatures and they should last you for a long, long time.
rcboy1 is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:31 PM
  #3892  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I think im just gonna run it as is for race day. If its preforming good through the heats ill start with going up in timing and/or punch. I dont have many options for spurs MIP makes a 41t and thats the biggest i could find. A 13t pinion is very possible but just want to run it first. Ill keep you all updated.
NvDesertRat96 is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:16 PM
  #3893  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,794
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I'm gonna take a guess and say it's ok to turn off lvc under certain conditions. Those being i never race more than 8 mins and i always use the timer on my radio during practice (never go more than 6-7 mins at most). I feel like if you check your packs before you run and only drive conservative amounts of time, it'll be ok right?
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 PM
  #3894  
Tech Adept
 
doyschultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 168
Default

I have a question regarding the V3 stock firmware. Is this essentially "blinky" mode? If not is there a specific firmware I need install to meet the "blinky" mode criteria for my local track?

I'm running an xerun 120A 2.1 speedo.
doyschultz is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
  #3895  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

i dont have a cool controller like that lol. But i think ill pass on the no LCV idea. I cant afford to be buying lipo packs if one were to pop due to going past that danger point. Its a safety feature for a reason. Im to noob to not use the LVC.
NvDesertRat96 is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 11:34 PM
  #3896  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,375
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I'm gonna take a guess and say it's ok to turn off lvc under certain conditions. Those being i never race more than 8 mins and i always use the timer on my radio during practice (never go more than 6-7 mins at most). I feel like if you check your packs before you run and only drive conservative amounts of time, it'll be ok right?
yes. when you feel a NOTICEABLE drop off in punch/speed, it's time to take the truck off. this is usually in the 3.0 to 3.2v per cell range, but could be triggered earlier by the esc.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 02:53 AM
  #3897  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
lewis110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hallstead, PA
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by doyschultz
I have a question regarding the V3 stock firmware. Is this essentially "blinky" mode? If not is there a specific firmware I need install to meet the "blinky" mode criteria for my local track?

I'm running an xerun 120A 2.1 speedo.
If your asking about the 120A V2.1 then you need to use the 508_No_Timing firmware to get into blinky mode.

If your asking about the V3 series you can do anything you want with that without updating firmware. Blinky is profile 2, it will also blink when you set boost/turbo to 0 in any profile. All you do is hook your LCD program box up.
lewis110 is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:41 AM
  #3898  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,486
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
yes. when you feel a NOTICEABLE drop off in punch/speed, it's time to take the truck off. this is usually in the 3.0 to 3.2v per cell range, but could be triggered earlier by the esc.
Technically once you get to that point of noticable decrease, you have gone too far.

Personally I know my packs and dislike the LVC on the HW. I've had them shutoff at nearly 4v per cell so I just turned it off. Also, I can just monitor the volts on my TX via telemetry.
RokleM is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:07 AM
  #3899  
Tech Adept
 
doyschultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 168
Default

Originally Posted by lewis110
If your asking about the 120A V2.1 then you need to use the 508_No_Timing firmware to get into blinky mode.

If your asking about the V3 series you can do anything you want with that without updating firmware. Blinky is profile 2, it will also blink when you set boost/turbo to 0 in any profile. All you do is hook your LCD program box up.
I noticed most of the recent firmware is labeled as V3 thats why I was asking about V3. Can V3 firmware be ran in 2.1 speedo?

Ill use the firmware noted to run blinky mode. In my second car im running the same speedo (120A 2.1) but this car will be ran in a mod class. What is the latest and greatest firmware to run in this car?
doyschultz is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:23 AM
  #3900  
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,100
Default

is there any chance HW will release a compact esc for 6s application in 1/8? let's say a 120a?
Pulse_ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.