HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree196Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
You might be right there. You're right though, wrong plug. Has anyone replaced it to confirm this is correct?

I also removed the way to restrictive fan shroud last night and dropped the ESC temps from 175 to 148. It's in a tekno EB48, so the likelihood of anything hitting and breaking the fan is minimal (not to mention it's dying already).
It is the correct fan, I just received three of them. It comes with the 2 wire, three prong JR 'servo' type connector; the wire is a bit longer than what comes in the box with the new ESC. It also has two spare connectors included in the bag, the white you see the the photo and another JR style connector with beefier wires.

Don't go by the stock photo, go by the description and you should be good for a fan replacement on the SCT-Pro.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
It is the correct fan, I just received three of them. It comes with the 2 wire, three prong JR 'servo' type connector; the wire is a bit longer than what comes in the box with the new ESC. It also has two spare connectors included in the bag, the white you see the the photo and another JR style connector with beefier wires.

Don't go by the stock photo, go by the description and you should be good for a fan replacement on the SCT-Pro.
Thanks for the update!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just got my 3.1 Stock Spec. Didn't order a box initially because i didn't realize you needed it to change running modes. Is it set to Blinky from the factory? I would think so but it so much faster i have my doubts.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Just got my 3.1 Stock Spec. Didn't order a box initially because i didn't realize you needed it to change running modes. Is it set to Blinky from the factory? I would think so but it so much faster i have my doubts.
Factory default setting is not zero timing mode.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

OK. Im sorry but as impressed as i am with the esc so far that is a fail. I agree i should have done more research but why sell something called stock spec that is not stock spec? Any chnace my Speedpassion GT2 lees box can change the settings?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
OK. Im sorry but as impressed as i am with the esc so far that is a fail. I agree i should have done more research but why sell something called stock spec that is not stock spec? Any chnace my Speedpassion GT2 lees box can change the settings?
Send me an email at [email protected] and yes we will get your sp lcd box working that i promise.

The justock is the esc that is 100% zero timing and cannot be changed.fyi

Regards Angelo
Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks. Its the LED card though. I ordered the box, just hoping it gets here before Friday.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looking to get a hobbywing esc for my 2wd buggy, Going to be running stock class, but want an esc that could handle me moving up to mod. I run a Tekin RS pro now, so am looking for the equivalant.

Thank you in advance, also where in the USA can I purchase one?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
Looking to get a hobbywing esc for my 2wd buggy, Going to be running stock class, but want an esc that could handle me moving up to mod. I run a Tekin RS pro now, so am looking for the equivalant.

Thank you in advance, also where in the USA can I purchase one?
Here's a list of dealers here in the US. If you don't have one near by you can order from www.falconsekido.com
http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/authorized-dealer

The V3 or V3.1 series are equal to (imo better then) the Tekin RS Pro. The V3.1 120 amp will handle any mod motor you wanna throw at it. The V3.1 Stock Spec will handle up to a 5.5 motor.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And I presume the program card will work on any programmable hobbywing ESC? I have the hotwire now, and while I like the tekin stuff, the price for replacement is to drastic to warrant me running it anymore.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by Winx69
Hi, my XeRun 150a recently stopped working. It turns on and the LED says it's functioning correctly but will not send any power to the motor. I've checked each phase and nothing comes out of the ESC on throttle. It does not make any noise when it arms either, like it used to. I've restored to factory settings and calibrated it many times without prevail. It will not move my Hobbywing motor in sensored or sensor-less mode. The only thing I've noticed is that it gets quite warm on the underside on the ESC, even after doing nothing. Is that normal or has a chip malfunctioned?
I've tried the only other motor I have, which is a Tekin PRO4, and it won't spin either.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

I've tried the only other motor I have, which is a Tekin PRO4, and it won't spin either.
Does the motor start up if you kick start the motor by turning it by hand ?if not you have a power board and control board issue.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Does the motor start up if you kick start the motor by turning it by hand ?if not you have a power board and control board issue.
I have cleaned and re lubricated the bearings and everything and couldn't see anything wrong with the sensor board or windings. It doesn't kick start either. It's a problem with the ESC that I can't get replaced because I'm in Canada.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
hey guys, just picked up a sct pro and xerun 4700 a couple days ago for my sc10 4x4 and ran my 1st race with them last night. first I must say I loved the power of the system! I switched from a novak esc and reedy 550 4.0 motor and noticed a huge gain in power, I even kept the same gearing so it would run cool and efficient. the first run of practice I had great power but it just cut out on me a couple times. I checked the temp and after 7 min run motor was 140 and esc was 98. the motor was acting like it was stuck but the lites on esc were acting normal so I pulled the motor and it turned fine and the drive train was free rolling so I replaced the sensor wire thinking it was communication problem and all seemed fine on the bench but I lost all power 3 minutes into my first heat and had a puff of smoke that stopped by the time the body was removed. nothing but the actual wires were warm really and back in the pits I pulled the motor and it still feels free turning by hand. im not sure where the smoke came from but the caps look a bit puffed at the top on the esc. I reinstalled the old system to finish the night and used the same battery pack just to be sure it still worked with no issues. I just bought this system from one of falconsekido's official retail shops so I know it supposed to be under warrantee but im wondering what my options are as far as a replacement. I haven't even had it 1 week! I know this is a common story in our hobby so im not steaming mad but I am racing in a series with another race coming up soon so I need something done quick. I live outside l.a. and see that the repair address is close enough for me to drive the system out to save time if that is possible or really I would like to exchange it for another of the same system with the place that I ordered it from. I read about the rma form and all but I was hoping to contact someone on here that could maybe help. I have read lots of good things about HW and that is why I went with this system over the tekin that my local track pushes. I also got good feedback from a few of the guys that run them there also. id really like to be a happy customer too. please help, thanx!
Ok, sorry for the long story but I just want everyone know that falconsekido totally came through for me. I sent in the esc and motor on wed. And received both back brand knew the next wed. They even kept me updated and sent me a report of what was found. The new system is running flawlessly and the triples are no match anymore! Customer for life! Thanx again to everybody at falconsekido!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

I have cleaned and re lubricated the bearings and everything and couldn't see anything wrong with the sensor board or windings. It doesn't kick start either. It's a problem with the ESC that I can't get replaced because I'm in Canada.
Please send me an email to [email protected] and i will be able to help you with the options you have.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.