Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 AM
  #3136  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Vegatron75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Appreciated the replies guys. Not sure if I'm under warranty or not, I doubt it though.

It's never done anything weird during the race or at the start of quals. It's always been right before the main.

Maybe it has something to do with going near full throttle from a dead stop?

My bullets are good and my lipos seem ok.
Vegatron75 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 AM
  #3137  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,486
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

What do you guys think about running the EZRUN SCT (120a, SC8 I believe) in a 4x4 SCT? I have one as a spare (miss-order to be honest) and am thinking about giving it a try in the 4x4. To be honest, I agree completely with the comments earlier about sensored vs sensorless. I've been testing the XERUN SCT PRO as sensorless and there is really negligible, if any, difference when switching to sensorless from a handling and smoothness perspective. I even won a prize at our last race for an impromptu long jump competition during the 1/8th ebuggy qualifiers (clear a quad and land it, the only one that did it that night) while running sensorless.
RokleM is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 AM
  #3138  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 34
Default

Any one have a better way to contact Falcon for some repair/warranty work. I have a 2 week old sct pro that has a blown capacitor. I have sent a couple emails and left a message and called 1/2 dozen times but still no reply. I ordered another one for a backup but would like to send this one in to be repaired.
sls7474 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
  #3139  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,823
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sls7474
Any one have a better way to contact Falcon for some repair/warranty work. I have a 2 week old sct pro that has a blown capacitor. I have sent a couple emails and left a message and called 1/2 dozen times but still no reply. I ordered another one for a backup but would like to send this one in to be repaired.
Try their Facebook page too...........Hobbywing North America you can get a response from them there also...
Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
Slotmachine is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  #3140  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 511
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RokleM
What do you guys think about running the EZRUN SCT (120a, SC8 I believe) in a 4x4 SCT? I have one as a spare (miss-order to be honest) and am thinking about giving it a try in the 4x4. To be honest, I agree completely with the comments earlier about sensored vs sensorless. I've been testing the XERUN SCT PRO as sensorless and there is really negligible, if any, difference when switching to sensorless from a handling and smoothness perspective. I even won a prize at our last race for an impromptu long jump competition during the 1/8th ebuggy qualifiers (clear a quad and land it, the only one that did it that night) while running sensorless.
the sc8 is really good actually. runs probably as good as my sct pro honestly.
jonasm48 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 PM
  #3141  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,486
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jonasm48
the sc8 is really good actually. runs probably as good as my sct pro honestly.
Thanks. With the obvious difference of the sensor, the two visually and stat wise pretty much look like nearly the same hardware. I will give it a try

Last edited by RokleM; 06-03-2013 at 01:27 PM.
RokleM is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
  #3142  
Tech Rookie
 
REDdawn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Hey I need an ESC recomendation for a Ruckus build. It is getting a Castle 1406 6900kv 4 pole. Motor has been in the Tool box , so i might as well use it. 2s to 4s would be ideal. TY!
REDdawn6 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 PM
  #3143  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,794
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by REDdawn6
Hey I need an ESC recomendation for a Ruckus build. It is getting a Castle 1406 6900kv 4 pole. Motor has been in the Tool box , so i might as well use it. 2s to 4s would be ideal. TY!
2s lipo or 7 cell nimh would be the only "ideal" setup for that motor and vehicle.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 02:37 PM
  #3144  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,338
Default

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Appreciated the replies guys. Not sure if I'm under warranty or not, I doubt it though.

It's never done anything weird during the race or at the start of quals. It's always been right before the main.

Maybe it has something to do with going near full throttle from a dead stop?

My bullets are good and my lipos seem ok.
I want to ask one question your end point on your radio is set to what?
COBRARACING is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
  #3145  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Vegatron75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I want to ask one question your end point on your radio is set to what?
100
Vegatron75 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 PM
  #3146  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,338
Default

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
100
Can you drop it to 95% and run the car again please and please let me know how you go.
COBRARACING is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:31 PM
  #3147  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Vegatron75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Appreciated the replies guys. Not sure if I'm under warranty or not, I doubt it though.

It's never done anything weird during the race or at the start of quals. It's always been right before the main.

Maybe it has something to do with going near full throttle from a dead stop?

My bullets are good and my lipos seem ok.
I'll have to take back my statement about not having the problem before. I remember running indoors and having a few problems.

Same deal with the "no throttle" problem, except this was while approaching a large jump with a short run-up. You had to really hammer it while setting up for this jump. A few times it just didn't respond at the face of the jump.

Only happened a few times and never luckily happened when it meant anything.
Vegatron75 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
  #3148  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Vegatron75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,033
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Can you drop it to 95% and run the car again please and please let me know how you go.
I'm already giving up some top-end to the other guys w/ the higher kv motors. Geared at 16, 4000kv in the tekno, I can't really afford to lose any top-end...

It's weird, wed night, it ran 2 qualifiers with no problems. Then it has a problem at the start of the main.

It's gotta be the adrupt throttle input. That's really the only consistent thing in all of this. Maybe my nano's are done. IDK, you'd think after whacking it open it would at least move a little then give up....
Vegatron75 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
  #3149  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teknorookie
Started with 15 the first go around two weeks ago, did not thermal. Jumped up to 16, expo at 50% and travel at 80% on my radio. Outside temp reached 100-101 today by the time the main came around.

After the heats was temping around 145. Asked a couple guys at the track and said I was ok, but getting on the warm side.
145* is a good temp...i wouldnt worry about it especially if its 100* degree's out and your only temping 145*

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
If you read the sct410 thread, you must have seen the 2-3 pages where i was trying to correct the exact same problem. The only difference between me and you is, i was running a castle mmp, but we both had the same problem. Truck just stops randomly, has steering, but no throttle. I switched to my backup mmp and everything was "fine". The truck has great punch for the first 3 mins or so, and then the power slowly drops off. I corrected one peoblem, but ran right into another. Right when i'm about to go purchase a new sct-pro, all this crap comes up again. Wish i could buy and not worry if i'm gonna have problems like so many others on here. My only other option is the V3 esc, but the price tag kills me. I'd like to trust hobbywing, but with all these problems popping up on here lately, i might just have to wait.
The new SCT Pro doesnt have any issues that im aware of, it was the last version that did the green/red blinking...I was one of the few that sent my old SCT Pro in and got the new one in a free swap when they first starting doing this cuz i had just bought the SCT Pro so i figured if the BEC was better...i can handle a few days down and havent looked back yet!

Quit talking yourself out of it and just order....lol
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:51 PM
  #3150  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (58)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 620
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Why is it that every time I go to order a black sct pro it's out of stock? I don't want a blue one... more waiting I guess
Prostreet314 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.