HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I also use the HW 4700 kv w/ out a fan at a large outdoor track in FL and have never thermalled. What was your gearing ?
Started with 15 the first go around two weeks ago, did not thermal. Jumped up to 16, expo at 50% and travel at 80% on my radio. Outside temp reached 100-101 today by the time the main came around.

After the heats was temping around 145. Asked a couple guys at the track and said I was ok, but getting on the warm side.

Last edited by teknorookie; 06-02-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Add
Old 06-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are there any Canadian dealers that have the sct motors??
Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorookie
Started with 15 the first go around two weeks ago, did not thermal. Jumped up to 16, expo at 50% and travel at 80% on my radio. Outside temp reached 100-101 today by the time the main came around.

After the heats was temping around 145. Asked a couple guys at the track and said I was ok, but getting on the warm side.
When its real hot outside I use a 14t pinon with 20 plus degrees of esc timing or 15t w/ less than or equal to 15 degrees of timing. Other guys use higher gears with motor heatsinks and fans but my set up is just as fast..I also have a NIP 16t pinon in my tool box but I've never had to use it. I gear my setup so I can clear the largest jumps on the track..
Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
When its real hot outside I use a 14t pinon with 20 plus degrees of esc timing or 15t w/ less than or equal to 15 degrees of timing. Other guys use higher gears with motor heatsinks and fans but my set up is just as fast..I also have a NIP 16t pinon in my tool box but I've never had to use it. I gear my setup so I can clear the largest jumps on the track..
Will give that a try. It's only going to get warmer out here. Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a problem at the start of the main last night. After a couple of minutes of warm-ups, we lined up for the main.

The tone goes off and I hit the throttle and nothing happens. It had steering but no throttle.

This has happened onece or twice before, same scenario, start of the main.

Luckily they restarted the main, I was TQ, and it worked fine for the 8 min. main.

Haven't had any issues other than the starts.

The combo is the sct pro w/ the 4000kv 4-pole motor, geared 16t pinion in a tekno truck.

Thinking it's a dead spot on the board? but pushing it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Any ideas?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Vegatron75,

I had the same problem like you with my first SCT Pro. I searched a long time but couldn't find a solution. I bought a new SCT Pro and till now no problem.

If you find out a solution, please tell it.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Send me an email at [email protected] and i will sort it out for you
Hi, didn't you receive my email 5 days ago? Or no idea?

I reinstalled V3.3 a few times but only Data Base Version 130511 will be displayed which I updated 3 weeks ago. No newer versions available.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default SCT Pro

Hi guys, I have SCT Pro esc in my 1/8 buggy. This is the motor I'm running: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2100KV.html

The problem is with the red and green led blinking together. I've set punch to 1, set the number of cells but it does not help.
Do you think I should update the firmware?(I don't have lcd programmer yet)

Thanks for help
Old 06-03-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by from_Poland
Hi guys, I have SCT Pro esc in my 1/8 buggy. This is the motor I'm running: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2100KV.html

The problem is with the red and green led blinking together. I've set punch to 1, set the number of cells but it does not help.
Do you think I should update the firmware?(I don't have lcd programmer yet)

Thanks for help
Isn't that motor like that Tenshock one that has some compatibility issues? I`m not sure but they look a lot like them. Have you tried a new sensor wire, or running it with no sensor?

Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
Old 06-03-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Had a problem at the start of the main last night. After a couple of minutes of warm-ups, we lined up for the main.

The tone goes off and I hit the throttle and nothing happens. It had steering but no throttle.

Luckily they restarted the main, I was TQ, and it worked fine for the 8 min. main.

The combo is the sct pro w/ the 4000kv 4-pole motor, geared 16t pinion in a tekno truck.

Thinking it's a dead spot on the board? but pushing it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Any ideas?

I've had similar issues with my tekno running the sct pro and a 4600kv tenshock sc411 and a 16t pinion.

Hi Vegatron75,

I had the same problem like you with my first SCT Pro. I searched a long time but couldn't find a solution. I bought a new SCT Pro and till now no problem.

If you find out a solution, please tell it.
I would really hope that buying a new speed control isn't the solution.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any ideas?

If you read the sct410 thread, you must have seen the 2-3 pages where i was trying to correct the exact same problem. The only difference between me and you is, i was running a castle mmp, but we both had the same problem. Truck just stops randomly, has steering, but no throttle. I switched to my backup mmp and everything was "fine". The truck has great punch for the first 3 mins or so, and then the power slowly drops off. I corrected one peoblem, but ran right into another. Right when i'm about to go purchase a new sct-pro, all this crap comes up again. Wish i could buy and not worry if i'm gonna have problems like so many others on here. My only other option is the V3 esc, but the price tag kills me. I'd like to trust hobbywing, but with all these problems popping up on here lately, i might just have to wait.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

HW used to be the bomb with the v2.1 series esc's. In fact I know many people running the hw4k and 4700 with the v2.1 120 esc's. And they do so without issues. I plan to run the v2.1 series esc's in my 4x4.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

I`m now running the V3 with the 4000kv motor in my Tekno SCT 410 and I have to say it is very good. I am running some timing and boost with no issues.
How old is your sctpro that is shutting off during your race? If it is still under the warranty get an RMA# and send it in for repair or replacement, if it is a problem with the unit it should be covered. I know Hobbywing is very proud of its customer service and tries to treat their customers in the best way possible. Shoot off a mail from their site explaining your problem and get an RMA...............

Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
Old 06-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any ideas?
I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago. I ended up bypassing the on/off switch by soldering the black and red wires together and leaving the white one connected. The esc stays on whenever the battery is plugged in now, but that is not an issue for me because I always unplug my battery when I am not racing. The white wire controls the calibration button so it is still functional. So far I have not had the problem again (knock on wood).
Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where can I buy hobbywing motors in Canada?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.