HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree196Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Yeah falco wants like 12 buck for it. I was going to order my motor and add the fan. I will check to see if hobbypartz or builtrc has the motor and esc fan.
i got some none hobbywing fans but have different connectors. just solder a jst is that what its on the hobbywing? i can send you one if you want?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

how much? I have connectors from the dead fan
Old 05-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Curious enough here that I am going to compare what i have seen with the Pro4 HD I have to the HW I got on order.

From what I have seen though of the HW in another drivers vehicle, it gives great torque while still keeping cool. My Pro4 HD is better than my Pro4 torque wise, but to really wake it up, you basically need a really powerful ESC. That other driver with the HW was running a similar esc to what I use (SP GT2.0 Pro, Him I think an LT4 or some other brushless hobbies esc).
if you can run boost on that SP esc, your hobbywing will more than hold it's own with the HD.

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Sp GT 2.0 is a Hobbywing designed and manufactured the bushless hobbies is just a knock off of the hobhywing 2.1v.

The name brands all work with hobbywings products and visa versa.
the bolded part is so important, but people always mess it up. they see some cheapo hobbyking esc with the same case and they say it's "re-branded" or "re-badged". fact is IT'S A KNOCKOFF. there is a HUGE difference.

Yeah falco wants like 12 buck for it. I was going to order my motor and add the fan. I will check to see if hobbypartz or builtrc has the motor and esc fan.
i will check with EJ on the fans and get back to you if he doesn't first.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

how much? I have connectors from the dead fan
Get back to me if builtrc don't have one. I wouldn't cheap out on a fan. Those hobbywing fans move some serious air compared to anything I've had.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Hey angelo, finally open the video and re did everything as mentioned. It did open the link much smoother without freezing. I noticed your vid showed the 513 v3.3 but on hobbywing shows the 520 last numbers when install so I think that's just the updated one?

pulled the esc off from where I had it burried and changed 5 different sensor wires and the cog is still there from a dead stop to crawling speed. Do you have the other vids on the esc settings? Not sure if I'm missing a specific esc setting that's causing this or what. I think my friend dealt with this with his viper esc and turned out to be in the settings sensitivity.

Thanks for the help and time.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

test
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Questions?? 4 pole motor cans

Is it possible to order the Xerun 3656 SD motor with the EZRun 3656 can?
If not, is it possible to order just the can as a service item and swap them?
The dimensions appear to match.

I ask because I hate putting fans on motors, and also like to stay below 135 degrees, so have used this on all my other motors:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Heatsink-Long

I'd like to keep doing that if I order one of these motors (likely), but the extra cooling fins on the Xerun won't allow for a normal heatsink to fit.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hey guys I have a question. I just got my xerun sct pro 120a and installed it in my Losi scte ten. I'm using a reedy sonic 550 4.5 turn 2pole. Everything is soldered nice and clean. Current gearing is 40 spur 13 pinion. The weird thing is that as far as I thought as well as the hobby shop I bought it from new thought my motor/esc setup would have been fine. Trying it out today the green/yellow led come on full throttle and according to the manual it's going into overload protection. Also I'm using 6800 mah 65c turnigy lipo's so there is plenty of discharge. If I drop to an 11 tooth pinion I don't think it will fix the issue based on what the manual says for a fix. Was this a good combo? And if the LEDs flashing in protection mode only on full throttle blasts bad for longevity?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnnyr/c
Hey guys I have a question. I just got my xerun sct pro 120a and installed it in my Losi scte ten. I'm using a reedy sonic 550 4.5 turn 2pole. Everything is soldered nice and clean. Current gearing is 40 spur 13 pinion. The weird thing is that as far as I thought as well as the hobby shop I bought it from new thought my motor/esc setup would have been fine. Trying it out today the green/yellow led come on full throttle and according to the manual it's going into overload protection. Also I'm using 6800 mah 65c turnigy lipo's so there is plenty of discharge. If I drop to an 11 tooth pinion I don't think it will fix the issue based on what the manual says for a fix. Was this a good combo? And if the LEDs flashing in protection mode only on full throttle blasts bad for longevity?
Dunno much on motor but esc is awesome minus a few programming options i wish it had! What are you using for battery connections, try another sensor wire and make sure they are pushed in ALL THE WAY as you look at it and think it is, but is it?!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

I like the esc, it's very smooth. The sensor wire is new and tried another new one and still does it. I'm using the solid 4mm bananna connectors direct into the battery. The profile I'm using is monster. Even with the punch on 3 it's still flashes on full throttle.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

dude....... all HW escs when full throttle the green LED (or yellow as you said) will on, and when in not full throttle red LED will appear......
it's normal......

if the green LED appears to get blinky ( not on, as i mentioned earlier )..... then it's another issue
but that was not you experienced earlier

I like the esc, it's very smooth. The sensor wire is new and tried another new one and still does it. I'm using the solid 4mm bananna connectors direct into the battery. The profile I'm using is monster. Even with the punch on 3 it's still flashes on full throttle.
and what LED color that flashes in your esc?

anyway lv 1 punch really powerfull enough for me, because this sct pro combo 4000kv pull amps about max 115 amps, and average about 74 amps in my jammin SCRT
can't imagine if i use punch beyond lv 1........
Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by j3fron
dude....... all HW escs when full throttle the green LED (or yellow as you said) will on, and when in not full throttle red LED will appear......
it's normal......

if the green LED appears to get blinky ( not on, as i mentioned earlier )..... then it's another issue
but that was not you experienced earlier

and what LED color that flashes in your esc?

anyway lv 1 punch really powerfull enough for me, because this sct pro combo 4000kv pull amps about max 115 amps, and average about 74 amps in my jammin SCRT
can't imagine if i use punch beyond lv 1........
When I first put the esc in the red stayed on in neutral, and at anything more than 3 on punch the esc would flash green/red in neutral. I think I screwed up after I put the esc in I used the profile that was loaded in the LCD box which was crawler profile. I downloaded all the software to change the profile and the latest esc software. I put monster in the LCD programmer. I get the red LCD as soon as you touch the throttle and at full only get the red/green together but not flashing. I can put the punch to 9 and still won't get the red/green together at neutral. I guess it was just user error. I will try to go to a 16 pinion and see what happens. Just want to make sure I won't have issues 3 minutes into a main.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Latest news on the firmware issue .

The updated usb link has the new 4 pole correction for the tenshock motor but its boarder line with the sensativity of the sensor port so i dont recommend you run the tenshock product with any hobbywing products .6 pole will not run at all .

All other motors on the market from lrp,tekin,novak,castle creations all work with our hobbywing products .

I hope this info helps you guys as if it was more than 1 brand of motor then we would look deeper into it but we see the motors being the issue and not our esc's.

Thank you regards Angelo
Are you telling me, that we who own a HW/Tenshock 6 pole combo, and were advised to update the USB LINK by Hobbywing for more reliability, have to change motor?

Thomas
Norway

Last edited by Knaberen; 06-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

what fan does the sct pro esc uses?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just ran my exrun 150a with an orion 1750kv in E buggy last night. After a couple rips, when I'm in neutral, the red and green flash at the same time. The manual says that it means its switching to sensorless mode. I tried 3 different sensor wires. After 6 minute main it temped at 145. What could it be? Do I need to update the esc? The motor and ESC are brand new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.