HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gpklos
So for a 1 cell lipo I should turn the LVC off? Just to be sure. I was always told with lipos to make sure you use a low voltage cutoff so not to damage the battery.
yes with a 1 cell you want the low voltage cutoff off. You just have to make sure you dont over discharge the battery. If you dont trust yourself then you can buy a low voltage warning device that goes on the battery itself. Are you running a Reciever pack? what do you have it in?

Roger
Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lewis110
yes with a 1 cell you want the low voltage cutoff off. You just have to make sure you dont over discharge the battery. If you dont trust yourself then you can buy a low voltage warning device that goes on the battery itself. Are you running a Reciever pack? what do you have it in?

Roger
+1 If the car starts going slow, pull it off right away.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

People have been asking about the capability of the SCt pro ESC when handling the 8th scale motors in a 8th scale vehicle. I tried out two motors on 4S lipo :the 1800KV motor with timing all the way up and the 2250KV 4 pole motor with timing turned down cause that motor is a beast. Both were geared the same (15/45) and motors temped 115F for the 1800KV and 100F for the 2250KV after a 12 mins runs. The ESC came off temping 115F in both cases.
I was running on a small-medium sized (110' X 50') indoor tack; was on the brakes regularly and the straight was along the long side of the track leading to a sweeper. On a larger track I would probably go up a tooth on the 1800Kv motor; the 2250KV motor was lil to powerful for that track but would be perfect outdoors with no timing at all (who uses timing in 8th scale anyways??).

Hope this info is helpful for someone.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

What is acceptable ESC temps for the SCT PRO? I am running it with e Xerun 4700kv in my SC conversion. After about 8-10min practice run on an indoor clay track motor temps around 140* and esc at around 123*.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

i did see that this is the hobbywing tech thread,but for some reason i can't get any help at all...this is the third time posting this,so if anyone can give me some advice it'd be awesome...so far,hobbywing doesn't have any support...thanks

i have an associated sc10b the xerun 17.5 sensored motor and xtreme stock esc...i do like it alot...even after playing around with the reedy 3300 that comes with the buggy stock

anyways,i need some help before i take it to my local track,they run 17.5 in blinky...i am new back into rcs and lots more options out there than 18 yrs ago lol...so i do follow the choices i have at hand in my esc,but i do not know how to set it into blinky mode?

also,for when not at the track and just playing,what's a good powerful setup in the esc options that will run strong on 2s 6600mah 65c lipos and not chance running her hot?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sawhead
i did see that this is the hobbywing tech thread,but for some reason i can't get any help at all...this is the third time posting this,so if anyone can give me some advice it'd be awesome...so far,hobbywing doesn't have any support...thanks

i have an associated sc10b the xerun 17.5 sensored motor and xtreme stock esc...i do like it alot...even after playing around with the reedy 3300 that comes with the buggy stock

anyways,i need some help before i take it to my local track,they run 17.5 in blinky...i am new back into rcs and lots more options out there than 18 yrs ago lol...so i do follow the choices i have at hand in my esc,but i do not know how to set it into blinky mode?

also,for when not at the track and just playing,what's a good powerful setup in the esc options that will run strong on 2s 6600mah 65c lipos and not chance running her hot?
Well if you havent read the instructions i would start there since it sounds like you dont how how to change the firmware...anything you do firmware wise will need it to be hook up to a computer and the LCD box to connect to the esc then the box hooks to the computer as the LCD box is the connection that joins the 2(computer to esc) and then you flash the with 508 No timing(i believe)

You really shouldnt criticize a company when you obviously havent even read the instructions or even went to HW's website and looked up the Xtreme stock esc as there are tabs for the MANUAL as its for the ESC and the USB software you need to download

ESC is HERE

USB LINK SOFTWARE is HERE
Old 04-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm not an expert...I'm still trying to figure out my Hobbywing speed control issues myself. Blinky mode is when there is zero timing on the esc. You can set this in your program mode. It's setting number 9. The default on your esc is 18 degress, so you'll have to take this down to zero.

If you are just playing around, find the timing that you like. 18 degrees is a good start. For gearing, I use 28/75 on my sc10 which is basically the same as your sc10B. It's plenty fast enough even for playing around in the yard. You can drive for 20 minutes and keep the esc and motor very cool.

Hope this helps. Maybe some experts will have some more advice.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

You don't need to hook it up to your computer or to the program box just to change the setting on the esc timing. You can do that with the set button. If you want to really play with it, you can use the software or program card easier than pushing that little button.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by run_pais
People have been asking about the capability of the SCt pro ESC when handling the 8th scale motors in a 8th scale vehicle. I tried out two motors on 4S lipo :the 1800KV motor with timing all the way up and the 2250KV 4 pole motor with timing turned down cause that motor is a beast. Both were geared the same (15/45) and motors temped 115F for the 1800KV and 100F for the 2250KV after a 12 mins runs. The ESC came off temping 115F in both cases.
I was running on a small-medium sized (110' X 50') indoor tack; was on the brakes regularly and the straight was along the long side of the track leading to a sweeper. On a larger track I would probably go up a tooth on the 1800Kv motor; the 2250KV motor was lil to powerful for that track but would be perfect outdoors with no timing at all (who uses timing in 8th scale anyways??).

Hope this info is helpful for someone.
What about the 2250 2-pole (4168 model)?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitey_75
You don't need to hook it up to your computer or to the program box just to change the setting on the esc timing. You can do that with the set button. If you want to really play with it, you can use the software or program card easier than pushing that little button.
right, but......if he didnt know how to even change the firmware how is he gonna know what blink does what when he uses the set button??

He needs to read the manual
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lewis110
Are you running a Reciever pack? what do you have it in?

Roger
I am not running a separate Receiver pack. The only thing is a battery pack. The battery is a GFORCE 2 5300 Mah 45C 3.7v lipo battery.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Is the
XERUN 120A SD V3.0 Brushless ESC for 1/10, 1/12 Car

appropriate for 4x4 SCT? Thx!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

not criticizing,stated a mere point from my standing...posted 3 times to get any response at all...very glad i got it now,thanks...for the record,i also have the wp sc8 with the 3400kv in both my slash 4x4 and will eventually have hobby wing in my sons monster jam truck also...i hear lots of good and have experienced it also myself

i did read the little bit of a manual that comes with it,but if there was a blinky section i didn't see it...trust me,had i not read it,i never could have gotten it running,lol...i am not very familiar with all the new stuff...last time i raced these fun packed toys was 18 yrs ago,thus i am a bit lost and looking for help and advice with it...thus i appreciate some patience with helping me understand what variables really gain any performance packed punch

as for fun at home,i was looking for advice on settings that would give me max power without killing anything...i do have the box and it's simple to run,but i don't know what is too extreme for a 17.5 motor...any advice there?

blinky is what they run at the track,so i am trying to adhere to the rules there and run blinky instead of trying to do the honor system and have someone try to question me down the road...i will have to get online and handle this there then

thanks guys
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not familiar with your ESC but I run the 120A v2.1 in blinky mode.
If you just set the timing option to zero, it won't be seen as 'true' blinky since the ESC won't blink and the option for timing is still there. I had to flash the blinky software to mine which is the software named '508 No Timing'. This will actualy diable all of the timing options and the esc light will blink (ie, blinky). To do this you just need to download the Hobbwing software and connect the ESC to your PC using the programming card. Then go through the software options and flash the '508 no timing' one.

Its essentially the same as just turning the timing off, but some clubs may be picky and want you running in blinky mode only. (that way they can visually see you are running in blinky mode)

See the links provided a few posts above.

not criticizing,stated a mere point from my standing...posted 3 times to get any response at all...very glad i got it now,thanks...for the record,i also have the wp sc8 with the 3400kv in both my slash 4x4 and will eventually have hobby wing in my sons monster jam truck also...i hear lots of good and have experienced it also myself

i did read the little bit of a manual that comes with it,but if there was a blinky section i didn't see it...trust me,had i not read it,i never could have gotten it running,lol...i am not very familiar with all the new stuff...last time i raced these fun packed toys was 18 yrs ago,thus i am a bit lost and looking for help and advice with it...thus i appreciate some patience with helping me understand what variables really gain any performance packed punch

as for fun at home,i was looking for advice on settings that would give me max power without killing anything...i do have the box and it's simple to run,but i don't know what is too extreme for a 17.5 motor...any advice there?

blinky is what they run at the track,so i am trying to adhere to the rules there and run blinky instead of trying to do the honor system and have someone try to question me down the road...i will have to get online and handle this there then

thanks guys
Old 04-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derekbsmith
Is the
XERUN 120A SD V3.0 Brushless ESC for 1/10, 1/12 Car

appropriate for 4x4 SCT? Thx!
Yes that esc is very capable of running in a 4x4 sct. Both myself and my good friend run it in our tekno sct410's with the hw 4700kv 4 pole sensored motor without any issues. I just switched to the v3.1 and it works very well also. My only recommendation is to replace the capacitor with a larger one such as the Novak super capacitor, which will help the esc run cooler and not bog on hard pulls when the battery is in the lower half of its voltage range.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.