Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Now I checked the USER MANUALs of 150A and SCT Pro.

Trouble Shooting: "When the throttle stick is in the neutral range, the red LED and the green LED flashes synchronously"
In both manuals its written the same but the answer is different:

150A: "The motor is a sensored motor, but the ESC detects abnormal signal from sensor, so it changes to sensorless mode automatically"

SCT Pro: "Over current protection, motor demagnetization, or motor is over load"

So how do I know if the SCT Pro runs in sensor or sensorless mode? There is nothing written about it.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
Anyone know who has an SCT Pro esc in stock? I usually get my HW stuff from Falconsekido but he is out of stock.
I get my HW from BuiltRC.com but the website indicates the black ones are out of stock.
I'd contact him through his site and ask if he has any blue ( if you don't mind blue, that is.).
It shows that he has Blue combos in stock.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC10Cletus
Hey guys, just received my new sctpro120a to replace my old one that was playing up and noticed its top speed is WAY down compared to my old one. I played with the timing with my programing card but it looks like I get upto about 3/4 throttle and then it starts to back off on me. Any ideas??
Originally Posted by yacagree
Did you calibrate the new ESC? The green LED comes on at full throttle?
+1...

anytime you do any changes you should recalibrate! You dont have to when changing the settings with the program card but software changes, esc or receiver changes...Heck, some do it everytime they run just to make sure its all good, just link binding the remote....some do it everytime they race
Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Now I checked the USER MANUALs of 150A and SCT Pro.

Trouble Shooting: "When the throttle stick is in the neutral range, the red LED and the green LED flashes synchronously"
In both manuals its written the same but the answer is different:

150A: "The motor is a sensored motor, but the ESC detects abnormal signal from sensor, so it changes to sensorless mode automatically"

SCT Pro: "Over current protection, motor demagnetization, or motor is over load"

So how do I know if the SCT Pro runs in sensor or sensorless mode? There is nothing written about it.
I'm having the same issue with my SCT Pro. When the red/green light flash it definitely drives as if it is in sensorless mode. If I turn off then on. It operates normally for the 1st few seconds then red/green starts flashing and acts like it's in sensorless mode.

I'm running it with a Pro 4 4600KV in a Tekno SCT410 geared 15x44. I've tried pretty much every esc setting, different sensor wire, and different batteries. This is happening with as little as 1/8 throttle then applying the brake.

I have a brand new SCT Pro ESC for my yet to be finished 1/8 buggy. I'd like to figure out the issue before installing the brand new one and then end up having the same issue with that one too.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pbTarget
I get my HW from BuiltRC.com but the website indicates the black ones are out of stock.
I'd contact him through his site and ask if he has any blue ( if you don't mind blue, that is.).
It shows that he has Blue combos in stock.
Thanks! I'll contact him. At this point I don't care what color it is as long as it works.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did you calibrate the new ESC? The green LED comes on at full throttle?
Ok, newby question, very new to this. What do I have to do to recalibrate it? I have a flysky gt3 transmitter
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SC10Cletus
Ok, newby question, very new to this. What do I have to do to recalibrate it? I have a flysky gt3 transmitter
Here is the manual:

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...-09-SCTPRO.pdf
Old 03-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cstoeltzing
I'm having the same issue with my SCT Pro. When the red/green light flash it definitely drives as if it is in sensorless mode. If I turn off then on. It operates normally for the 1st few seconds then red/green starts flashing and acts like it's in sensorless mode.

I'm running it with a Pro 4 4600KV in a Tekno SCT410 geared 15x44. I've tried pretty much every esc setting, different sensor wire, and different batteries. This is happening with as little as 1/8 throttle then applying the brake.

I have a brand new SCT Pro ESC for my yet to be finished 1/8 buggy. I'd like to figure out the issue before installing the brand new one and then end up having the same issue with that one too.
I say you might be geared to high...for a 4600kv motor you should be down to a 13 or 14t...i'd try that and see if this helps and also just make sure the the plug is in all the way on the motor and esc
Old 03-14-2013, 06:13 PM

Default sct combo 4700kv

hey guys does hobbywing have alot of problems????
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

No sir...the 4700 and SCT Pro are an awesome combo and it rips!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
No sir...the 4700 and SCT Pro are an awesome combo and it rips!
i am tring to find a good system that will last awhile, but i see guys with issues?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77
i am tring to find a good system that will last awhile, but i see guys with issues?

nah, the 4700 was pry my best purchase and i miss the 4700 motor already! that thing was sick with no heat issues and i have the new sct pro do its got the updated BEC
Old 03-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

I recently got my HW sct pro esc and was wondering if it's my esc that's glitching my set up, I'm running the esc w/ tekin pro4 4600kv, savox 1258tg, and spektrum dx2s transmitter/receiver combo, glitch problems-steering sometimes causes it to power motor and move forward/backward, it also drives itself about half throttle when not touching anything on the transmitter and it steering twitches, is this cause my esc or the spek. receiver?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Maybe try to shim the motor, so there is as less as possible axial play from the rotor.
The shaft doesnt feel like it has any play at all (nothing significant anyway). There is no more play in it than the new LRP x12 17.5 I have here. It was also doing it without load on the wheels, ie holding it in the air. As soon as I re-callibrated it the issue was gone. Didn't unplug the battery or change anything else. But it came back again..

Anything else it could be?

It has been raining a lot so I havn't been able to get to the track and test some things out.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
nah, the 4700 was pry my best purchase and i miss the 4700 motor already! that thing was sick with no heat issues and i have the new sct pro do its got the updated BEC
ok bro i will hold u to that , ok??? when i get a 4700kv sct combo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.