Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 03-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When I briefly tried running my SCT Pro with a Reedy 13.5 it would hesitate when I pulled the trigger from standstill. Once I turned off the thermal monitoring, the hesitation stopped. That ESC has since been moved into a 4wd short course where it's worked fine with the Tekin Pro4 ever since!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What motor should i run w/ the xerun 150 amp esc in a losi 2.0 truggy
Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

2200kv Sensored
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks Brian
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I purchased a new sct pro and I wanted to know if I can program the esc with my computer or do i need the lcd box. I want to be able to adjust the timing and punch controls.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You will need the program box to program the ESC from your PC, but you can program the punch control manually through the ESC. Refer to the manual for instructions on manual programming.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Here ya go:
http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...-09-SCTPRO.pdf
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race Everything
I purchased a new sct pro and I wanted to know if I can program the esc with my computer or do i need the lcd box. I want to be able to adjust the timing and punch controls.
For the SCTPro...

If you want to program via PC you will need the LCD box.

Having said that, if you have the LCD box you will not actually need the PC, because there are no additional features offered by the PC software.

This is different to some other HW ESCs (eg v2.1, v3.0) where the PC Software will actually offer more features than just the LCD Program box.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
For the SCTPro...

If you want to program via PC you will need the LCD box.

Having said that, if you have the LCD box you will not actually need the PC, because there are no additional features offered by the PC software.

This is different to some other HW ESCs (eg v2.1, v3.0) where the PC Software will actually offer more features than just the LCD Program box.
how do u like ur system in ur corr truck???cause i am looking for a system.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
The red and green do come on when it goes into sensor-less mode. Did you set all the timing to maximum? There was some mention a long while ago about setting too much timing would kick the unit into sensor-less mode. Also try turning off the thermal setting.............
Paul Rush
HWNA

Originally Posted by charlesandstuff
The thermal setting is greyed out and I have timing at 0 degrees. I did disable reverse and downgraded the firmware and it seems to have been working but I had only tested it for a couple minutes and it didnt go into sensor less mode.. Which is 100% better already because it did go into sensor less mode when the throttle was pressed. I will do more testing when I get home today and see if my problem is actually fixed.

Everything else is set at default I think besides the voltage cutoff, timing which is 0, and I have the type of battery set to 4 cell instead of auto calculate.
Alright.. So Now it is going into sensorless mode about 5 minutes into a run.. Anyone know what I could do to fix this?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

Is it possible to replace the 3 cable-connectors on the SCT Pro esc ?
I have an esc with broken motor-connectors (don't ask) so I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.

(Ignore the circle, that's from the HW manual I'm talking about the A-,B- and C connectors)
Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Is it possible to replace the 3 cable-connectors on the SCT Pro esc ?
I have an esc with broken motor-connectors (don't ask) so I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.

(Ignore the circle, that's from the HW manual I'm talking about the A-,B- and C connectors)
I think you might want to send it in to have it repaired. Did you buy it from an authorized U.S.A. dealer? The reason I ask is if you did not it may have to go overseas to be repaired, the packaging would have a holographic sticker on it if it was a U.S.A. item.
Paul Rush
HWNA
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

I think you might want to send it in to have it repaired. Did you buy it from an authorized U.S.A. dealer? The reason I ask is if you did not it may have to go overseas to be repaired, the packaging would have a holographic sticker on it if it was a U.S.A. item.
Paul Rush
HWNA
I live in the Netherlands so it would have to go overseas for any repair.. If it's in any way possible for me to take it apart and solder new connectors on it myself (not worried about voiding the warranty) that would be the preferred option

Last edited by Pygmy; 03-13-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77
how do u like ur system in ur corr truck???cause i am looking for a system.
I love it. The SCT Pro in sensored mode is incredibly smooth and the BEC is definitely up to the job on high amp draw servos. No more brown-outs or glitching. Attaching the Program box via the fan power slot is also extremely convenient. The Hobbywing 3656SD is also an awesome motor - great power, runs cooler and longer than my Tenshock SC411 did, and smaller too.

I came from a Mamba Max Pro and like the Castle software options more (particularly the ability to limit overall current), but in the end the SCT still wins out for the SCT application.

If I had to try something else it would be the XERUN v2.1. The v3.0 is still too expensive for me.

In the SCTE thread a lot of people like the SCT Pro and HW 4000KV combo and it seems to be the main competitor to the Tekin RX8 and Pro4 combo, which is significantly more money.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by charlesandstuff
The red and green do come on when it goes into sensor-less mode. Did you set all the timing to maximum? There was some mention a long while ago about setting too much timing would kick the unit into sensor-less mode. Also try turning off the thermal setting.............
Paul Rush
HWNA

Alright.. So Now it is going into sensorless mode about 5 minutes into a run.. Anyone know what I could do to fix this?
I've been having this annoying sensor error on two different 150A ESCs with three different motors and two different sensor wires. All three motors work in sensor mode on an RX8 and MMP. I've tested all 3 firmware and endless combinations of ESC settings with no resolution. I've contacted hobbywing without a resolution. The second ESC is only a week old. I believe it has something to do with the firmware.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.