Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

i just noticed one of the screws on the back of my 3.5t motor is missing....2 questions
1. where can i get a replacement?
2. will the srew being missing effect/damage my motor?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

[QUOTE=run_pais;11876598]
Originally Posted by Resqnu
to start off I should let you know that I am a convert from tekin to Hobbywing and im very impressed to say the least.
the v2.1 is a solid esc.I personally love the v3 ESC (newer V3.1 is out too). If you are coming of Tekin rs the v2.1 is better in both temp and current handling capabilities and has a strong BEC.however the rs lets you select an rpm range for boost and turbo; the v2 only lets you select the timing and it applies it to the entire rpm range; other than this it has all the features the rs has to offer. if boost and turbo is important to you then check out the v3 ESC. boost and turbo rpm ranges, boost curve selection and on and on... its the most programmable ESC on the market and imho the best too!!!and sure you cant beat the prices.

also consider hobbywings 4 pole 540 motors for the 4wd sc, they come in 3300kv, 4000kV &4700kv. I went from the 4000kv pro4 to a 4000KV HW and I could tell with a 0.5 sec average lap time increase. Im not kidding !!!! the SCT pro C1,2&3 combo are now going for $189 shipped, motor ,ESC and programmer... you cant go wrong with this!!
Originally Posted by M7H
Sorry, I have to jump in because what you stated is wrong.
The HW Xerun V2.1 ESC also lets you select the boost start RPM, and also a lineair boost acceleration ramp in which you have to tell the ESC the RPM "step" when he needs to add the next step of timing, so in the end you also end with a certain boost RPM range. On top of that you can give a certain amount of turbo timing, with selectable delays and acceleration ramps....

I agree on what you stated about the V3, they work in a similar way as the Tekins for the boost start and end RPM, but on top of that you have a lot more thing to play with.
Punch in 2 stages, (with user selectable stage switch point)
Brakes in 2 stages, (with user selectable stage switch point)
Within boost start/end RPM range, you can define if you want boost to be applied lineair, or any other curve you want, even in 2 points if you like to.

These are the settings which made me decide to go from the 2.1 to V3.1 ESC, this year for my Pro10 (jet still to cold outside to run the car)

The only "problem" I see with the ESC, is that if you are not really experienced with the whole boost timing concept, your might get lost.....
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the v3 programing is more like the rs. I like all the adjustments, which I think is handy for the 17.5 class.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Losi57;11877510]
Originally Posted by Resqnu

The v2.1 has a strong bec you won't have to worry bout that.I actually run it in my Durango desc410r with a tekin 4600 with no problems.Its never gotten over 120 deg.The sct pro works excellent when paired with the 4600 tekin .No worrys there.If you wanna compare the v2.1 and the v3.1 just go to FalconSekido.
Thanks for the help.
So the v2.1 will run the 4x4? Wow....good to hear. Is the sct pro preferred or offer anything better than the v2.1? I have looked up the specs on the v2.1 vs v3. Just wanted to hear actual performance differences from someone who has run both?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have the HW 120A Xerun V2.1 running 528MOD. I'm running a Durango DEX410,5.5T Reedy Sonic, track is a high grip medium size outdoor astro turf circuit. Could someone please give me some base line settings for the speedo to get me up and running, throttle, brake, punch, turbo, timing, delay etc etc many thanks
Old 03-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

guys......

i recently purchased xerun pro sct combo with 3656sd 4000kv
and i used it on my jammin.
currently i gear it up to 15t.
with timing 5 and punch 1

and after 5-10 minutes bashed around on asphalt, my esc temp are similar with the motor about 45-55 degree celcius (dont know exactly though but got very warm still touchable), is that okay? since this esc has 120amps especially on asphalt use?

i also have 120a esc from hk, but not as hot as this new xerun esc

Last edited by j3fron; 03-02-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

i just noticed one of the screws on the back of my 3.5t motor is missing....2 questions
2. will the srew being missing effect/damage my motor?[/QUOTE]
Old 03-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonspit
2. will the srew being missing effect/damage my motor?
If the motor plate is lose at all.....dont run it, but if it`s tight you could still run it without damage. You may be able to get your hobby-shop to match up a screw for you.
Paul Rush
HWNA
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j3fron
guys......

i recently purchased xerun pro sct combo with 3656sd 4000kv
and i used it on my jammin.
currently i gear it up to 15t.
with timing 5 and punch 1

and after 5-10 minutes bashed around on asphalt, my esc temp are similar with the motor about 45-55 degree celcius (dont know exactly though but got very warm still touchable), is that okay? since this esc has 120amps especially on asphalt use?

i also have 120a esc from hk, but not as hot as this new xerun esc
hi there,
55C is about 130F (somewhere close I just did the math in my head). That is a very good temperature to have you esc/motor at. Dont go over 150F on either (although technically you could have them go upto 175F without damage to it; point here being if you can have great performance at low temps of 130F there is no need to gear it higher and over heat the system). if you have not disabled the thermal shutdown setting of the ESC you should be fine. The thermal setting comes programmed as a default setting.
-Rohan Pais
HWNA
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by run_pais
hi there,
55C is about 130F (somewhere close I just did the math in my head). That is a very good temperature to have you esc/motor at. Dont go over 150F on either (although technically you could have them go upto 175F without damage to it; point here being if you can have great performance at low temps of 130F there is no need to gear it higher and over heat the system). if you have not disabled the thermal shutdown setting of the ESC you should be fine. The thermal setting comes programmed as a default setting.
-Rohan Pais
HWNA
thx for the reply,

hm... how about if i gear up 1 more teeth to 16t on my jammin?
will it go up heat more significantly?
what about the amps draw?

currently i using 5600 50c batts from nanotech
Old 03-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thx for the reply,

hm... how about if i gear up 1 more teeth to 16t on my jammin?
will it go up heat more significantly?
what about the amps draw?

currently i using 5600 50c batts from nanotech
I'm geared at 13/46 with my jammin. The 13 comes with the kit. I'm also running timing at 1 (0 timing) and I'm running my punch at 5. I normally run on shorter tracks and don't really bash at all. Hope it helps
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lewis110
I'm geared at 13/46 with my jammin. The 13 comes with the kit. I'm also running timing at 1 (0 timing) and I'm running my punch at 5. I normally run on shorter tracks and don't really bash at all. Hope it helps
13t stock pinion huh.....
isn't that undergeared, i know it's a short track....

i'm used to 13T too not too long ago....
and as i was expected, it really undergeared with 4 poles motor.....
making my motor getting hot pretty quickly (not really hot just very warm)

and how about your amps draw?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

13t stock pinion huh.....
isn't that undergeared, i know it's a short track....

i'm used to 13T too not too long ago....
and as i was expected, it really undergeared with 4 poles motor.....
making my motor getting hot pretty quickly (not really hot just very warm)

and how about your amps draw?
I don't know about amp draw. I've just gotten into oval pan cars though. So I will be buying a amp checker here shortly.

I tried the 15t that comes with the hobbywing combo. And I thought the truck was better with the 13 tooth. The motors never gotten warm enough for me to worry about. I also feel that timing is the best at 0. I don't feel the added timing really adds much speed.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kosmickid
I have the HW 120A Xerun V2.1 running 528MOD. I'm running a Durango DEX410,5.5T Reedy Sonic, track is a high grip medium size outdoor astro turf circuit. Could someone please give me some base line settings for the speedo to get me up and running, throttle, brake, punch, turbo, timing, delay etc etc many thanks
Anyone?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default XErun 150a

I have a xerun 150a combo that I have been using for about a year with great results. I ran it on a dirt oval today and the combo worked great in practice but when I went to run the qualifier it would not send power to the receiver. Has anyone had this problem and if so what can I do to fix. When connected to a battery the fan comes on but the receiver will not light up.
Thanks
Kenny
Old 03-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hotcakes
I have a xerun 150a combo that I have been using for about a year with great results. I ran it on a dirt oval today and the combo worked great in practice but when I went to run the qualifier it would not send power to the receiver. Has anyone had this problem and if so what can I do to fix. When connected to a battery the fan comes on but the receiver will not light up.
Thanks
Kenny
Were you able to try a different receiver to make sure the receiver didn't go bad. I guess it could be possible the BEC burnt up. But i would try a new/spare receiver to make sure that's good. Also if you adjusted anything make sure you plugged the receiver wire in correctly.

Roger

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.