HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
It does recommend an 8.5 motor maximum in off-road.
Paul
HWNA
Yaaaaaa....I think I'll try the 120A then...
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matthans
Yaaaaaa....I think I'll try the 120A then...
definitely try the 120 amp V3 speedo...its got so many customizable functions on it!!! i like that it has boost and turbo with selectable rpm range and curves etc. In my opinion this is the best speedo in the market and only $169 from the hobby wing North America website.

to truly take advantage of timing in a 10 scale buggy you want the ability to select the rpm range for the boost and turbo. That way you get a controllable car for the technical sections of the track where slow is really fast with the boost giving good pull out of the turn;and then when the turbo kicks in on the straight and all of a sudden you have a rocket car. Set this rite and you get that half second you were looking for on your fastest lap. the v3 ESC lets you do this and more. absolutely love this ESC.

ROHAN PAIS
HWNA
Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

is it ok to run a 73t spur and 34t pinion( 48p) with the hobbywing xerun 120a and 3.5t motor in a tc? i know this is for offroad but i have no where else to turn to for answers
Old 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonspit
is it ok to run a 73t spur and 34t pinion( 48p) with the hobbywing xerun 120a and 3.5t motor in a tc? i know this is for offroad but i have no where else to turn to for answers
Thats a 2.14/1 gear ratio, why would you want to run so little gear with a 3.5 motor?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm new to the RC hobby. I bought a new Helion Dominus 10TR last week. Not ready to upgrade to a LiPo battery yet, so after the first couple of days of playing with only one battery (the stock NIMH 8.4v 1800 MAH), i went into hobby town and bought a Venom NIMH 8.4v 3000 MAH battery. After running the car with the venom battery, anytime i use the stock one the car completely loses power after about a minute or so of run time (LED power indicator goes out and everything). Power will flicker on and off, but not come back fully. It didn't start doing this until after i used the bigger battery. I thought it was just my stock battery going bad, so i took it to hobby town and they warranty exchanged it for me for a new one (same stock 1800 battery). Same problem. Any ideas on what's causing this? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Thats a 2.14/1 gear ratio, why would you want to run so little gear with a 3.5 motor?
thats the gears i have installed already, i was running the castle sv2 and 4pole 6900kv. and what do mean by so little? is that gearing too aggressive or not aggressive enough? go up on spur/down on pinion or down on spur/ up on pinion? and thanks for the response what im trying to find out is will i damage anything though

Last edited by sonspit; 02-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpopper24
I'm new to the RC hobby. I bought a new Helion Dominus 10TR last week. Not ready to upgrade to a LiPo battery yet, so after the first couple of days of playing with only one battery (the stock NIMH 8.4v 1800 MAH), i went into hobby town and bought a Venom NIMH 8.4v 3000 MAH battery. After running the car with the venom battery, anytime i use the stock one the car completely loses power after about a minute or so of run time (LED power indicator goes out and everything). Power will flicker on and off, but not come back fully. It didn't start doing this until after i used the bigger battery. I thought it was just my stock battery going bad, so i took it to hobby town and they warranty exchanged it for me for a new one (same stock 1800 battery). Same problem. Any ideas on what's causing this? Thanks in advance.
If you are using a nimh battery, make sure you shut the low voltage cutoff off.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonspit
thats the gears i have installed already, i was running the castle sv2 and 4pole 6900kv. and what do mean by so little? is that gearing too aggressive or not aggressive enough? go up on spur/down on pinion or down on spur/ up on pinion? and thanks for the response what im trying to find out is will i damage anything though
When I said little gear, I meant that is a small # meant for lots of top speed. This the way real car guys talk (sorry) about gear, it is opposite of what we hear day to day in R/C. I would start with a smaller pinion. I ran trans am r/c with the 21.5 motor and never heard of anyone going lower than 3.5/1 I just dont want to see you blow up your new unit.
Did your old set up get very hot?
Paul Rush
HWNA
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lewis110
If you are using a nimh battery, make sure you shut the low voltage cutoff off.
So don't run it on mode 3 (which is the mode the book says you're supposed to run nimh batteries on that are below 3000 mah)?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by run_pais
definitely try the 120 amp V3 speedo...its got so many customizable functions on it!!! i like that it has boost and turbo with selectable rpm range and curves etc. In my opinion this is the best speedo in the market and only $169 from the hobby wing North America website.

to truly take advantage of timing in a 10 scale buggy you want the ability to select the rpm range for the boost and turbo. That way you get a controllable car for the technical sections of the track where slow is really fast with the boost giving good pull out of the turn;and then when the turbo kicks in on the straight and all of a sudden you have a rocket car. Set this rite and you get that half second you were looking for on your fastest lap. the v3 ESC lets you do this and more. absolutely love this ESC.

ROHAN PAIS
HWNA
Could you give a good settings starting point for the v3 and 4000kv 4-pole.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by run_pais

ROHAN PAIS
HWNA
+1

I agree with everything you said in that post.... The HW escs and motors are top of the line now without the "big" name brand prices. They are highly adjustable and run cool and make tons of usable smooth power.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Could you give a good settings starting point for the v3 and 4000kv 4-pole.
What will you be using it in? I have a good setup for my 4wd SC. I will have to look next week as I'm out of town for a bit.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpopper24
So don't run it on mode 3 (which is the mode the book says you're supposed to run nimh batteries on that are below 3000 mah)?
Just turn it off completely that should aliveate your problem.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
What will you be using it in? I have a good setup for my 4wd SC. I will have to look next week as I'm out of town for a bit.
Oh, yeah sorry a SCTE. Have the Sct-pro and just contemplating if the v3 would be a worth while upgrade.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I was under the impression the sctpro was a pretty solid esc. I hope so since i sold my reventon pro to get it lol.

Also, slotmachine. On your sct410 with a 4000kv, how much timing have you safely played with?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.