Wiki Posts
Search

Can u feel a difference in "c" ratings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Well..you take it serious enough to pull stuff apart and "laugh" at people that disagree with you though their findings. I bet your that guy that also thinks what’s read on a Dyno is FACT vs. on track testing.

I expressed "MY" experience with the TP pack 50C vs. the cheap 30c pack, in "my" experience LT's were 2.5-3 seconds faster per lap using the TP pack. The LT's don’t lie and "I" don't care why they are faster. In "this" case using the packs "I" have shown a LT difference on high grip tracks. On low grip tracks "I" did not see an improvement in LT's.

You keep saying MOST people wont notice a difference. Which could be true, but what does that mean? There is no difference or they can’t tell the difference. So if you put someone behind the wheel of say a F458 and a POS Camaro and they cant drive it faster the Camaro is just as good of a platform? Please..or you throw someone into a sound room that has a set of B&W 801 Matrix Series 2 vs. some random POS speakers and they cant tell the difference in the sound stage.. so then there is no difference?

You are correct, logic has certainly stepped aside and has been omitted from that train of thought.

"I" don’t know nor care about other packs. "I" don’t believe marketing hypes. "I" ran what "I" ran and that’s what “I” found. When “I” see it each and every time “I” run. Then yea for "me" it’s a fact….but maybe it’s my fault.. I should waste a bunch of time pulling stuff apart ..Sitting on my bench….Be that guy at the track and not drive..and that will give me the answers to things I don’t care about.

I’m not advocating people need to spend more money on batteries. I simply don’t care what people spend their money on, or if a bus hits them, again I don’t care.

I posted what “I” have seen using the two different batteries, nothing more.
Originally Posted by neobart
You're basing you're opinion on feel, so that makes my opinion based on feel just as valid as yours.
Well, kinda, but i have some numbers involved, mainly just top speed numbers...and that number has yet to change, no matter what battery is used!

Im not saying someones opinion is invalid, But like the person above who claims he sees a 3 second laptime difference...thats such BS. a top level racer would laugh him to death if he claimed that at a pro race.

The only plausible reason for that claim{if its true} is that his other battery is shot...

I also dont go out and tell people when they ask me, that i see a difference either when im racing/bashing/top speed testing, nor do i make ludicrous claims of 3 second improvements, or more punch etc etc...

I'd love to know how one judges punch and lowend, considering even a 17.5 motor will simply blow the tires off, even on a high bite track. There are so many BS claims in this hobby, be it from the manufacturer, or the consumer, the majority START from the consumer{think traxxas/maxamps etc etc} and then the consumer feels the need to BELEIVE and substantiate these claims...it happens ALL the time.

The C rating i feel is somewhat substantial, but i also feel the majority of its just a gimmick and a sales pitch.

That said, im still waiting on all of these manufacturers to provide true legit proof, that what they claim, is true..and their product is worth the often 2/3/4 times the price of other products..And im betting that NEVER happens, ill let you all guess as to why
Old 04-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10

Any platform can be made to handle and out perform, so this little theory of yours go's out the window...i know PLENTY of camaro's that would hand a F458 its behind on a platter, in fact i OWN a camaro that i wouldnt mind putting up against an F458, it wouldnt have a chance.{see my sig}
I almost stopped reading right there..This is for sure sig worthy. What the POS Camaro time at the ring? Ohh it hasn't posted one..I wonder why that is..hummmm

But this is the best yet

You're missing what ive pointed out, and noticed in my own findings.

I dont pull packs apart for the hell of it, i pull them apart to CHECK them for crappy soldering joints, etc etc. Im not risking my 2500 dollar SC8E to burning to the ground or my 2500 dollar BAJA 5sc burning to the ground, because of someones soldering jobs. Ive seen others have issues before, i eliminate the majority of that risk on my end, by inspecting each and every battery i buy, you'd be amazed at what you'd find
Your such a numbers guy and want to give the perception of the “numbers” game. Please do tell how you spent 2500 on an RC8e?

You will appreciate this:

Rc8E – $410.00
Tekin ESC and motor – $329.00
Servo – $150
RX – $150

Net - $1039

Now you will see I used the most expensive items on the market today.

Net: $1039
Your car: $2500
Difference $1461

So you are saying your a “numbers” guy but paid double for your rig?.. Really?

Didn't you say "the numbers don't lie people do?" Ironic if you ask me...

Humm are “all” your numbers this off. Double then what they should be?

I don't care if you don't "believe" me..Thats not the point....you cant quantify any of your findings just as much as I cant make you believe me..

But have fun with that $2500 rig...

Edit: I made a mistake you said SC8E..Wow... what that RTR goes for $600 vs the $1040 I totaled..

I'll let you have the $440 for "hop ups"

Last edited by MasiisaM; 04-25-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Suspended

I almost stopped reading right there..This is for sure sig worthy. What the POS Camaro time at the ring? Ohh it hasn't posted one..I wonder why that is..hummmm

But this is the best yet

Your such a numbers guy and want to give the perception of the “numbers” game. Please do tell how you spent 2500 on an RC8e?

You will appreciate this:

Rc8E – $410.00
Tekin ESC and motor – $329.00
Servo – $150
RX – $150

Net - $1039

Now you will see I used the most expensive items on the market today.

Net: $1039
Your car: $2500
Difference $1461

So you are saying your a “numbers” guy but paid double for your rig?.. Really?

Didn't you say "the numbers don't lie people do?" Ironic if you ask me...

Humm are “all” your numbers this off. Double then what they should be?

I don't care if you don't "believe" me..Thats not the point....you cant quantify any of your findings just as much as I cant make you believe me..

But have fun with that $2500 rig...

Edit: I made a mistake you said SC8E..Wow... what that RTR goes for $600 vs the $1040 I totaled..

I'll let you have the $440 for "hop ups"
I guess before you run your mouth, you should research things...

I have to the best of my knowledge, the fastest SC8E, and by far has every single option you can possibly get. i have an SC8E that NOBODY else has. my numbers dont lie, There are plenty of people who know how much i have into my rigs..

And thanks, i do have fun with my toys

Ps feel free to find any 458 italia, and i will put my camaro against one, strip or roadcourse..again, PLENTLY of people know about my camaro, and what its capable. Hell, my 2000 transam probably could have put one to shame, and it only has 477rwhp LOL.

I love the mentality, oh its a ferrari, it must be the best..couldnt be any farther from the truth...but thanks for playing!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have been able to do some nice side by side testing of packs in exact setups. I and a friend have exact hyper 9e's we even purchased exactly the same packs. When we run we always run the same packs to make it fair. A few times he has run his 50c nanotech pack when I run my 90c pack and it was very obvious that one person had the wrong pack installed. They look exactly the same but the 90c is a tad thicker. But there's no doubt that the higher c packs def make a difference. I would have liked to have done some more testing but out of 10 turnigy packs from 2s,4s and 6s we have none left that work. They all either went up in flames, balance leads come unsoldered, main leads come unsoldered or they just won't charge.

So because of them reasons I have no problem with spending money on good quality packs. I will be able to do some side by side tests of my mates 90c nanotech he has left compared to my 120c maxamps. I would be surprised if his nanotech lasts till the end of the day though lol.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

I guess before you run your mouth, you should research things...

I have to the best of my knowledge, the fastest SC8E, and by far has every single option you can possibly get. i have an SC8E that NOBODY else has. my numbers dont lie, There are plenty of people who know how much i have into my rigs..

And thanks, i do have fun with my toys

Ps feel free to find any 458 italia, and i will put my camaro against one, strip or roadcourse..again, PLENTLY of people know about my camaro, and what its capable. Hell, my 2000 transam probably could have put one to shame, and it only has 477rwhp LOL.

I love the mentality, oh its a ferrari, it must be the best..couldnt be any farther from the truth...but thanks for playing!

Sniff..snifff snifff...yep I thought so... I stepped in the biggest load of BS ever...

I don't need to run my mouth when some interweb guy says he has a SC8e with $1900 in upgrades that NOBODY has..and all my "friends" know how much I payed...Please numbers guy..

Nobody has it cause they sold 10 of them...Hows that class treating you...ohhh wait..you don't even race do you?

You quoted it numbers guy... list out ALLLL these magical and mythical up upgrades for project SC8e to tally $1900...

That's great you like the truck... it's fun to bash around with it ..But it's like polishing a turd...it's not really going to do much..

I cant even go there on the whole "MY Camero can beat any of those fang dangled Italian sport riders on a GP course" That's some back woods thinking right there.

BUT I might as well cause your the number guy...Here is some numbers you might want to ponder..

Nurburgring -

F458 - 7:38
Camaro - 8:20

Ouch numbers guy... but remember "the numbers dont lie people do"

Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Suspended

Sniff..snifff snifff...yep I thought so... I stepped in the biggest load of BS ever...

I don't need to run my mouth when some interweb guy says he has a SC8e with $1900 in upgrades that NOBODY has..and all my "friends" know how much I payed...Please numbers guy..

Nobody has it cause they sold 10 of them...Hows that class treating you...ohhh wait..you don't even race do you?

You quoted it numbers guy... list out ALLLL these magical and mythical up upgrades for project SC8e to tally $1900...

That's great you like the truck... it's fun to bash around with it ..But it's like polishing a turd...it's not really going to do much..

I cant even go there on the whole "MY Camero can beat any of those fang dangled Italian sport riders on a GP course" That's some back woods thinking right there.

BUT I might as well cause your the number guy...Here is some numbers you might want to ponder..

Nurburgring -

Words dont even begin to describe how foolish you actually are.

Funny thing is, the thread about my SC8E is listed on here, with every single number listed i guess you're not smart enough to check...

i dont give a damn about some stock camaro, though im sure they are comparing it to the 2010...which...just makes the Rari pathetic in my eyes...the camaros over 4 thousand pounds...with far less horsepower, and the RARI cant even outlap it by a minute? haha.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Suspended

Nurburgring -

And no, it never gets raced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUBcdMwxYg
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Words dont even begin to describe how foolish you actually are.

Funny thing is, the thread about my SC8E is listed on here, with every single number listed i guess you're not smart enough to check...

i dont give a damn about some stock camaro, though im sure they are comparing it to the 2010...which...just makes the Rari pathetic in my eyes...the camaros over 4 thousand pounds...with far less horsepower, and the RARI cant even outlap it by a minute? haha.
Ohhh so copy and paste is now too hard..hummm..I wounder why..I guess that control C function has yea beat..IF this dummy could do that..well what does that make .....oh never mind

Ohh i also like the 15 sec vid of you AT a track ALL by yourself..Yea that shows soooo much racing and winning and oh so much!!...

Yea know what... I bet you were racing with all the other people that bought them..How many other people were on track again?

Ohh so now ...it's you don't care about the numbers I gave you? When YOU said that you wanted the numbers to show how a f458 will walk all over that POS Camero...

Have fun with that..
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

all turnigy/HK packs are plagued with bad solder/solder joints, this is a 10min fix...

3sec a lap difference is completely BS, at most races/tracks that would be the difference between the pro class and novice/sportsman...

I've found that the biggest difference in batteries is age, my $25 4000mah 30c HK pack will beat your $100 SMC/TP/etc that is a year old, but a new SMC/TP/etc will beat my $25 battery... At $25 each, I can afford to race them for 2 months, buy a new one, and still make money selling my old ones.

If you want to know what batt is the best, look at the airplane/heli guys
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Suspended

Ohhh so copy and paste is now too hard..hummm..I wounder why..I guess that control C function has yea beat..IF this dummy could do that..well what does that make .....oh never mind

Ohh i also like the 15 sec vid of you AT a track ALL by yourself..Yea that shows soooo much racing and winning and oh so much!!...

Yea know what... I bet you were racing with all the other people that bought them..How many other people were on track again?

Ohh so now ...it's you don't care about the numbers I gave you? When YOU said that you wanted the numbers to show how a f458 will walk all over that POS Camero...

Have fun with that..
I said MY camaro....and PS, i never said i wanted numbers to prove anything about a junk ferrari against any camaro, nor did i ever even say anything about a camaro, except that i know a few that could easily beat the snot out of a 458, and thats mine included. i think you should maybe know your facts like i said before you run your mouth.

and yeah, its kinda hard to video my truck, when im racing it..anytime you feel you wanna come video for me, feel free.

and that video was actually during a race, hence the annoucing in the background.

as fas the copy and paste goes, why should i give a damn about you? lol i told you how to find the info...im not going to go out of my way to impress someone who probably doesnt even have a car
Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

good read, just so FTSC10 doesn't put me in the "higher C = 3 sec a lap group" MY "feel" is minimul and is maybe in the .1-.2 of a lap range at best. For me it's visual difference and initial punch, top speed is the same. People ask about C rating all the time, so when I say yes there is a difference I also say most people won't notice, because in the end it a SMALL difference.

Man I would pay azz loads for a pack that would get me just 2 seconds a lap, that would put me from the B-main to TQ against the 100% sponsored guys at my track

BRB gotta make popcorn
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

I said MY camaro....and PS, i never said i wanted numbers to prove anything about a junk ferrari against any camaro, nor did i ever even say anything about a camaro, except that i know a few that could easily beat the snot out of a 458, and thats mine included. i think you should maybe know your facts like i said before you run your mouth.

and yeah, its kinda hard to video my truck, when im racing it..anytime you feel you wanna come video for me, feel free.

and that video was actually during a race, hence the annoucing in the background.

as fas the copy and paste goes, why should i give a damn about you? lol i told you how to find the info...im not going to go out of my way to impress someone who probably doesnt even have a car
Everyone got the popcorn...Good

It's always funny to hear the back woods welders say "shake and bake ..baby shake and bake" "I got me a HEMI and it just rocks" "Aent nothen can touuuch my car" Nutteeeen!!"

That was in race huh..humm ok..and no other truck on track? really..I like that ...you could always come in first when on one else is racing..Sounds fun!!!

Hey you made the claim your $2500 SC8e is a one of a kind and it has unuptaninum components. That's nothing but comedy right there and you still haven't brought anything to the table to say other than it was BS...Cause be both know it's BS...

As for the other posters: please read what i wrote..I'm not going to get into like this guy that pulls crap out of his pants..

From my 50c TP pack to my 30c HK pack I see a 2.5 to 3 second difference on a high bite clay track...could be the HK is has 60 cycles on it while my TP has 10..I don't know nor did i care..Just a comment to the TC as per the thread "Can you feel a difference in c"..I made no claim other than I saw the difference between my race pack and my practice pack per my transponder. Dont add anything to what was expressed.

Shake and bake couldn't take the chew out to even ask "wow that's sounds like a lot whats the history on that" He goes third grade and adds nothing to the conversation but his $2500 SC8e with a blown HEMI...YEeeee HAaawwww!!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i have some promatch 5000 40c batteries that i mix in with my thunder power 5300 65c batteries and i can definatly see a difference. More punch and less fade for sure. The lower C batteries heat up more during the run.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My penis is 12 inches long!!! them are some impressive numbers!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I havn't had a chance to read through the other replies, but I can say I did notice a big difference in Boosted 21.5 going from 25C to 60C Lipo.

Lap times decreased almost .300th of a second too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.