Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Hyperion Duo 3 with 30 amp 360 watt power supply? >

Hyperion Duo 3 with 30 amp 360 watt power supply?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyperion Duo 3 with 30 amp 360 watt power supply?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Hyperion Duo 3 with 30 amp 360 watt power supply?

I was recently at the track and my charger was getting input voltage errors. This is the first time this has happened on my charger, I've been charging packs 2 at a time at the very same spot for months now. I just got fresh new 5300 mAh 65c Thunderpower LiPo's and it started getting input voltages. I hooked it up to a friends charger, and it charged it fine, no errors whatsoever. When I went home, I plugged the charger up to store the LiPo's, 2 at a time, no errors at all. Now, my question is, at the track, I use a power strip (multiple plugs on one outlet). Could this be negatively affecting the power supply and giving my charger errors? When I put the LiPo's on the charger at my house to store them, it worked fine, and I plugged it directly into the wall, no power strip. Could I please get your thoughts on this? Thank you very much!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What was the capacity of your old packs, was it less than 5300mAh? What amperage are you trying to charge them at? What other things are being run off the power strip at the same time?

Also, you may want to check this out before checking this out.

Last edited by t0p_sh0tta; 04-22-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you are getting input voltage errors at the track but things are working fine at home then I'd say the track wiring is overloaded. Happens at every RC track (especially outdoor ones) that I have been at. To many people pulling off one circuit which means your power supply is not getting enough AC voltage in order to keep the DC voltage at a normal level.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Next time you go, and have voltage errors, use your DVM/MM and check the voltage and see what's going on.

Overloaded circuit is what it sounds like...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thank you guys.

I've actually charged two 8000 mAh batteries at once at the track, but when my charger was getting input voltage errors someone was pitting across from me who was using a bunch of electronics. It makes perfect sense now that I look at it.