Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
MKS about to launch highend car servos-Wants your input! >

MKS about to launch highend car servos-Wants your input!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MKS about to launch highend car servos-Wants your input!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MKS about to launch highend car servos-Wants your input!

MKS or MARK STAR Servo-tech Co., Ltd. in Taiwan makers of some of the best heli and aircraft servos in the world are about to launch servos for car use.

Brushless, coreless, Titanium gears, billet cases, wickedly strong or wickedly fast. It's all up for us to decide!

Take this opportunity and make your voice heard! What does your dream servo look like?

Fill in the simple form found here.
http://www.mks-servo.com.tw/
Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here is my Honest Opinion:

This MKS servo DS-1210 came highly recommended by our LHS as the particular Savox servo was out of stock. So I bought 2 of them to try at RM120.00 each

After installing into my Agama Evo A8, the servo was Flawless with no glitching. However after 15 minutes of normal usage, the throttle servo toasted. (Just driving on tarmac surface with Correct EPA settings)

Contacted the MKS representative in Taiwan thru Facebook and he mentioned that the cause of the servo FET burnt was due to an Over-Voltage supply from my 6.0V NiMH 1500mah Receiver pack batteries...

What do you think guys???

Anyway the other steering servo only lasted barely 2 months before it completely KO-ed also.

TBO, I was rather dissappointed with the way MKS handle my case and I hate to say this... There isn't any Warranty provided except for a Trade In Program.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hope they sell them cheap. Make Hitec drop there prices, $125 for a servo? Crack prices!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nadan805
Hope they sell them cheap. Make Hitec drop there prices, $125 for a servo? Crack prices!
They are Cheap only RM120.00, but they don't last more than 2 months...

Cheers!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run 1/10th scale electric off-road. I feel the ideal servo is coreless, 100oz.-in. to 120oz.-in. of torque for 2wd, 130oz.-in. to 150oz-in. for 4wd. I like transit time in the 0.07 to 0.10 sec/60-degree range. Nice anno colors for the heatsink are a good selling point but not sure it's needed engineering-wise.

I like metal geared servos, not sure Ti is the best material for that application, but the lower weight is a benefit. O-rings for dust and minor moisture resistance is crucial. Metal outputs, ball-bearings, small output to flange measurement.

Coreless is a major eye catcher right now, but I'd rather have a servo that is light, fast, and durable. My understanding is that the brushless motors are more susceptible to vibration damage than coreless. If you can improve on that, cool.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aluminum milled Cases, brushless motor, titanium gears, bearings, a good blend of speed and torque like 250 - 280 oz. and a transit speed of .12 - .08 would be perfect and the price of between $80 - $100 a servo would be awesome. I have some Turnigy servos I use in my buggy and they have a milled upper and middle aluminum cases with enough torque from a coreless motor and I paid $23 a servo. Make a great product that is available for anyone to buy not just the rich and people will buy them don't and you either won't sell any or people will be looking for refunds.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Garbage products...........tell them to stop making garbage, its that simple.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I would beleive the servo game is going to be tough to make it in the High End market. Between Hitec, JR, KO Propo, Savox, and a few others, its very hard to offer something better at a more affordable price, Also the fact why would someone buy the same servo none the less with the same torq and speed as your brand opposed to Hitec for the same or even $5-10 bux less... You need to think of someway you can stand out in the crowd and give the people something they would be willing to give up their beloved and faithful servo company, This hobby seems to be a Very Brand loyal hobby and it takes some Crappy Customer service, or products, or some very new and good ideas for most people to give someone else a try..
Old 05-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Garbage products...........tell them to stop making garbage, its that simple.
I AGREE!!! there support better be top notch! or they will go nowhere!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You'd have to beat this:
They are $100 in hobby stores
They are incredibly durable
7.4V