Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Speed Passion Thread >

Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Speed Passion Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

When they can't even keep a website going... yeah. Not much hope, I reckon.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Website is back online
Old 02-06-2018, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For clarity, the website is speedpassion.ORG
Old 06-04-2018, 02:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Everyone,

I have inherited a speed passion reventon pro which only goes forward and brakes. I’d really like to change the mode of operation to allow reverse, but can’t find one of the LCD program cards anywhere.

Am I able to program the reventon pro using the LED program cards, or does anyone know where I can lay my hands on an LCD card in the UK? Or perhaps there is another way to program the ESC – I am quite familiar with Arduino programming (maybe I should start another thread for this question)?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-04-2018, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

RCCarShop.co.uk seems to have two LCD program cards in stock (product info at said webshop says it's for 1S ESC but as far as I know the same card is used for all Reventons, the product code seems to be that of the one that also works with your ESC).

I have also have a card that I don't need anymore (ESC died) but it isn't in UK and who knows what the shipping cost would be (Finnish post usually likes ripping people off).
Old 08-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone has any idea where I can send 2 broken reventons?
I had sent them to SP but returned as it was sent on wrong address many months ago, and I just found the parcel after cleaning and thought just to give a try and fix them.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nnick
Does anyone has any idea where I can send 2 broken reventons?
I had sent them to SP but returned as it was sent on wrong address many months ago, and I just found the parcel after cleaning and thought just to give a try and fix them.
Their service is pretty much dead. It's going to be cheaper to replace them anyway for $90 new. I still have one new and sealed in a box if you want it.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I see that Speed Passion's GT4 ESC is for sale through some Chinese retailers. Has anyone tried it yet?
Old 12-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

I have a old speed passion 21.5r

so the question is since it's so old what would this be compare to motor wise today ? a slow 25.5?
thanks
Old 12-31-2019, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Depends on what sensor board is installed. I have one as well, tested on a MiniPro dyno. Powerwise it's 10-15% better than today's 25.5t motors (Motiv, Fantom, Reedy), but no where as good as today's 21.5.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Long and old thread, I know. I bought a new Speed Passion Reventon S ESC but it doesn't come with a program card. I read a bunch of talk about using a HW program card on some of the other Speed Pssion ESC's but didn't see exactly which one works, or if it would work on the Reventon S ESC. Can anyone help me out with some info regarding a program card for this ESC? Thank you in advance.
(I would link to the 3racing webpage regarding this ESC but I can't post links yet, too new I guess.)
Old 06-09-2022, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YourConfused
Long and old thread, I know. I bought a new Speed Passion Reventon S ESC but it doesn't come with a program card. I read a bunch of talk about using a HW program card on some of the other Speed Pssion ESC's but didn't see exactly which one works, or if it would work on the Reventon S ESC. Can anyone help me out with some info regarding a program card for this ESC? Thank you in advance.
(I would link to the 3racing webpage regarding this ESC but I can't post links yet, too new I guess.)
I have an extra program card if you want to buy it from me. But it's odd that you bought a new Reventon without it!
Old 06-10-2022, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theclutch
I have an extra program card if you want to buy it from me. But it's odd that you bought a new Reventon without it!
The page said without program card and 3racing never responds to messages, so I assume they just ran out of the program cards. The price was right for the motor esc combo so I bought it anyway. lol How much do you want for it? I do have a HW program card but no idea yet if it works for the esc, as I am still waiting for it to arrive. Since Speed passion websites are dead, what software would I even use for it and where would I find it do download? Thanks!
Old 06-10-2022, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YourConfused
The page said without program card and 3racing never responds to messages, so I assume they just ran out of the program cards. The price was right for the motor esc combo so I bought it anyway. lol How much do you want for it? I do have a HW program card but no idea yet if it works for the esc, as I am still waiting for it to arrive. Since Speed passion websites are dead, what software would I even use for it and where would I find it do download? Thanks!
You don't need to run software on it. It's self contained. Here's the instructions. Does your ESC look like this? If it would work, $10 +shipping?
Attached Files
Old 06-11-2022, 09:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by theclutch
You don't need to run software on it. It's self contained. Here's the instructions. Does your ESC look like this? If it would work, $10 +shipping?
Thank you for the PDF. Solara is sending me a program card but if I decide I want to run more than 1 of these ESC's I might get another program card for a spare, but I also feel like I am buying tickets on a sinking ship since the company is no more.
How has the reliability of these been? I am learning a lot about these and how much road cars differ from my trucks and buggies and all about boost and turbo timing.
I am still waiting on my order to arrive, seems like it is lost at sea currently, so I don't know much about it other than it being the cheapest budget ESC SP made.
Now that I realize the Speed Passion esc's can only run 2s, and I have a bunch of 3s, 4s & 5s batteries, I am second guessing my purchase actually. I guess the 2s batteries aren't super expensive but I also don't want to buy more batteries that need charged and stored etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.