Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Speed Passion Thread >

Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Speed Passion Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

So what base setup would you go for with a 7.5 for a cougar SV on Uk astro track?

Shouldn't have order the 6.5 for 4wd etc!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

hey guys im running a gt 2.0 lpf in my 22 with a 13.5 orion vortex. Ive gone up from the recommended 26t pinion to a 28t pinion and Im still not getting enough straight line speed or punch. Its good through the turns though. Im not using the LCD programmer and any special software just the basic program card. I did some bench tests and saw more power come out when the I increased the timing advance. From 0 to level 5 not much difference but level 6 and up, significantly more power. What I want to know is should I go back down to the 26t pinion which is whats recommended on the 22 gear chart or stick with the 28t. I just dont want to deal with creating too much heat. Any ideas guys?

Also Im running a mild drive profile, I believe its the "smooth" profile which is level 2 on the card. Should I try a more aggressive throttle profile before I do timing advance? Thing is I like the smoothness of the first 2 profiles. Im new to this esc guys help is appreciated.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

What are temps on motor now? The LPF GT has 205 mod loaded. Where is you AMTS set at? What about physical timing on motor? Turn it all the way up since your not running boost. Gear the motor until you reach top seed about 3/4 down the longest straight on the track. This should still give you plenty of rip on the infield.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
What are temps on motor now? The LPF GT has 205 mod loaded. Where is you AMTS set at? What about physical timing on motor? Turn it all the way up since your not running boost. Gear the motor until you reach top seed about 3/4 down the longest straight on the track. This should still give you plenty of rip on the infield.
Motor timing is set at 0, stock. and the AMTS is also at 0. Came off cold and the speedo was cold as well. You're saying turn up the timing on the motor fully?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

I havn't ran a Orion, but I would set at mid on the motor first. Turn your timing up on the AMTS. Most run at 7 or 8 max for spec racing and even mod. Run some laps and check temps.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All right boys, LCD box upgraded, 0323Stock loaded on my GT 2.0 LPF. Time to read up on the new software and play around LOL. Think I'll leave 205Mod on my 2.0 Pro until I get the hang of the new software. BTW, been meanign to mention. If you go the setups on the SP website and choose 2wd Offroad, it gives you one page of setups, and shows a clickable icon for a 2nd page of setups at the bottom. But, if you click that icon, it links you to 4wd Stock TC, not a 2nd page of 2wd Offroad.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

I havn't ran a Orion, but I would set at mid on the motor first. Turn your timing up on the AMTS. Most run at 7 or 8 max for spec racing and even mod. Run some laps and check temps.
gotcha, should I go back down in gearing? The gear chart calls for a 26t with the stock spur. Currently at 28. Maybe I should do the recommended gearing and mess with the AMTS timing from there?

Ill tell u this... so far the SP/Orion combo is super smooth. And should I def increase motor timing right away or just go the esc route first?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonyv2382 View Post
gotcha, should I go back down in gearing? The gear chart calls for a 26t with the stock spur. Currently at 28. Maybe I should do the recommended gearing and mess with the AMTS timing from there?

Ill tell u this... so far the SP/Orion combo is super smooth. And should I def increase motor timing right away or just go the esc route first?
Use the gear chart as a base. I would go straight to 7 or 8 on AMTS. Check gearing on straight and temps. If you want more speed max timing on motor. Check temps!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Use the gear chart as a base. I would go straight to 7 or 8 on AMTS. Check gearing on straight and temps. If you want more speed max timing on motor. Check temps!
Sounds good man, and thank you for the help! I guess I have to do some more testing. But I really appreciate it.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I'm running the SC Master combo in my SC10 and have a thermogun. What should I be aiming at? The endcap or the can?

Either way I haven't broken 140 degrees running in AZ with 22/84 gearing and a little timing. It's been a couple months now of twice a week racing and have been really happy with this combo.

I'm hoping to get an SC10 4x4 soon and after looking at Novak, Tekin, LRP and CC, I think I'm going with the GT 2.1 ESC. I love the portable program card for quick changes and the constant updates to the firmware and support here.

Keep up the good work guys!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrbirchum View Post
I'm running the SC Master combo in my SC10 and have a thermogun. What should I be aiming at? The endcap or the can?

Either way I haven't broken 140 degrees running in AZ with 22/84 gearing and a little timing. It's been a couple months now of twice a week racing and have been really happy with this combo.

I'm hoping to get an SC10 4x4 soon and after looking at Novak, Tekin, LRP and CC, I think I'm going with the GT 2.1 ESC. I love the portable program card for quick changes and the constant updates to the firmware and support here.

Keep up the good work guys!
If your going to run low turn 550 go with the GT 2.0 Pro to be safe. It will handle down to 3.5T. The GT 2.1 Prostock will only go to 5.0T. The 2.1 also comes preoladed with 528 stock which is kind of a no no for super low turn 550's that most use in the 4x4 SC's.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any 13.5 2wd setups to suggest? Small track carpet. keeping the front end down can be tricky.

Looking for a mild and wild but drivable suggestion to start with.

I had the old stock software installed with:
ddrs VI
7 amts
SC boost off
rpm delay 5000
sc full throttle .4sec
SC punch -3

It was not as snappy as i wanted on the straight but when i used boost i would get a light front end if i over juiced the trigger. (my trigger finger is heavy so i have to dial out to compensate for its girth)
Old 05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382 View Post
Motor timing is set at 0, stock. and the AMTS is also at 0. Came off cold and the speedo was cold as well. You're saying turn up the timing on the motor fully?
Like David said...you can't run anything with 0 timing when you are racing..you need timing on motor and as well as speedo....

JP Richards has max timing on motor and ESC both...amd he was running MOD. Your 13.5 must be full TIMING in order to get it going. But don't just copy what I am saying cause you are running Orion motor, which I am not familiar with...but, at least try 1/2 of the full range of timing on your Orion.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...IndoorClay.pdf
Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
Any 13.5 2wd setups to suggest? Small track carpet. keeping the front end down can be tricky.

Looking for a mild and wild but drivable suggestion to start with.

I had the old stock software installed with:
ddrs VI
7 amts
SC boost off
rpm delay 5000
sc full throttle .4sec
SC punch -3

It was not as snappy as i wanted on the straight but when i used boost i would get a light front end if i over juiced the trigger. (my trigger finger is heavy so i have to dial out to compensate for its girth)
Kochanski just posted a setup at SP site with 323STOCK running 17.5 on his AE B4, I am sure it is not much different when that setup apply to your 13.5...may be gear down 1 or 2 just be safe..?

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...20Mike%20K.jpg
Old 05-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Speed Passion USA direct sale website is UP AND RUNNING, AGAIN

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/index.asp

Check it out, most of the hot selling item are back instock and ready for 3-4 days local USA shipping, that advantage of that....we have sold out like 40% of the inventory so don't wait, it you sees it, buy it now...
The web site still has the SCMaster/17.5 combo still out of stock. Do you know when you might be getting more in?
Thanks
Mark

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.