Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Speed Passion Thread >

Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Speed Passion Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Having issues with my reventon s. Ran it 3 times so far. On medium to hard landings/flips/wrecks it sort of shuts off. It's still lit up and lights change as i use the throttle it just doesn't send power to the motor. And then the second issue is no bottom end. If i a stopped on a jump and went to take off again it cogs and may not even make it back over the jump. And on the take off it shutters just barely at first but that has gotten progressively worse. Coming around a tight corner coming out it does it.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me where does the light blink on the case of the gt 2.0 when it's in 508 no timing I don't see a light I upgraded firmware twice recalibrated esc all I get is solid green when I squeeze full throttle is the sticker blocking the light?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
From what my drivers told me, they were never use 205g anymore because it is slow.....they are all running 428STOCK with boost and supercharger along with the 4x4 used motor. I have seen some using it on NOVAK and some on TEKIN (but I have not seen that in person)....some of the drivers are running the prototype Speed Passion BLAZE 4x4 SCT motor and actually they are using it at the up coming Futaba Race that host at Leisure Hour Raceway this weekend.

The BLAZE should be release around end of August.....as well as the 1/8th version of the BLAZE motor.
I'm waiting for that BLAZE 1/8th motors!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayrc View Post
Can anyone tell me where does the light blink on the case of the gt 2.0 when it's in 508 no timing I don't see a light I upgraded firmware twice recalibrated esc all I get is solid green when I squeeze full throttle is the sticker blocking the light?
It's on the circuit board on the bottom of the case. The bottom half is translucent. Prolly the easiest thing to do is go to a dark room and you'll see it. Then you'll have an idea of how to look at it at the track.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knowitall156 View Post
Hey Guys,
I just received the above mentioned ESC by fed ex today and it comes with a programming box. Do I need anything else to get me going? I am going to give this esc a try with a Thunder Power 5.0 550 motor in my Durango DESC 410. I'm currently using a Tekin RX 8 with a 4000 4 pole motor and appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Thanks,
Look like you are runnign 4x4 SCT....the GT2 PRO came with the 205g software which is GOOD for 2WD mod or 4WD mod buggy...if you are indeed using it for 4x4 SCT, you will need to purchase the LCD programmer card and change software to 428stock and run BOOST/TURBO.....

If you simply just want to try it, you can run the GT2 PRO now with the 205G and use the included programmer box and adjust the parameter. But I know most ppl who use the GT2 on 4x4 SCT are running boost so you might be behind on the speed...simply because you are running a mild software compare to others who run the boost/turbo software...

Get the LCD box and take advantage of the boost software.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by goodhews View Post
Having issues with my reventon s. Ran it 3 times so far. On medium to hard landings/flips/wrecks it sort of shuts off. It's still lit up and lights change as i use the throttle it just doesn't send power to the motor. And then the second issue is no bottom end. If i a stopped on a jump and went to take off again it cogs and may not even make it back over the jump. And on the take off it shutters just barely at first but that has gotten progressively worse. Coming around a tight corner coming out it does it.
It is sensor issue...check the sensor cable, the sensor ports, and especially the sensor board inside the motor....that happened alot of time in off road, I think it is the sensor board inside the motor is getting bad, and it keep popping to the sensorless mode on the ESC.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xrayrc View Post
Make sure, after loading the software, calibrate with the radio, must TURN OFF EVERYTHING and turn everything back on in order to activate the 508. Then you should see the red blinking light from the bottom.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have the SAII 1/8 scale esc and I've tried everything I could to turn off overheat protection and it just won't. I've used most of the speed passion software versions and even the HobbyWing software to try and disable it, but the option just stays locked (button greyed out) I was wondering if any of you knew something I didn't or maybe there's something I've over looked. I even tried setting it using the program button on the on off switch of the esc.. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance
Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AverageNoob View Post
I have the SAII 1/8 scale esc and I've tried everything I could to turn off overheat protection and it just won't. I've used most of the speed passion software versions and even the HobbyWing software to try and disable it, but the option just stays locked (button greyed out) I was wondering if any of you knew something I didn't or maybe there's something I've over looked. I even tried setting it using the program button on the on off switch of the esc.. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance
I haven't play with my SA2 esc for awhile, let me check it tonight and see is there a way to get that turn off...yes, I too hate thermal cutoff, never use it.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can find a new GT2.0 pro (not LP), shipped to the US, something without $100 of shipping? :-)

Thanks.
Ethan
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thanks Solara. I've also had a new problem come up just today with the SAII. It runs for about 5 mins and then just stops with solid red light. Nothing works while it's in this state, but if I unhook the battery and power it up again it works fine. Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

whats your cutoff voltage set at?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

anyone running the 428 stock profile in 4x4 SCT with a 4 Pole 540 motor like the Tekin Pro4? Curious on what settings you have.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AverageNoob View Post
Thanks Solara. I've also had a new problem come up just today with the SAII. It runs for about 5 mins and then just stops with solid red light. Nothing works while it's in this state, but if I unhook the battery and power it up again it works fine. Any ideas?
Several reasons....(1) sensor inside the motor is not functioning correctly...check sensor cable, and possible clean the sensor inside the motor (2) thermal protection is active (3) Lipo cutoff is active....I would disable 2 and 3 and give that a try again....
Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
anyone running the 428 stock profile in 4x4 SCT with a 4 Pole 540 motor like the Tekin Pro4? Curious on what settings you have.
Use the below setup..I used the below setup and have the locals that has the PRO4 motor and it works...just minor adjustment per their like.

I would like to know...what makes the PRO4 motor any different then other motors...? Because it is 4 poles and 550..? They gear differently and the timing adjustment has to be different...?

http://www.speedpassion.net/inc/down...20Walt%20G.jpg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.