Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Novak GTB2's work great. >

Novak GTB2's work great.

Novak GTB2's work great.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Novak GTB2's work great.

I sent in 3 original GTB's that had given up after almost 5 years worth of use. We race indoor electric from around October to early April and that's every weekend with practice days Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Races Saturday, and more practice Sunday sometimes.

I sent the GTB's in to trade for the GTB2's. I was a little leary cause I had not done this type of thing before. Less than 10 days later I got three GTB2's back and have tested two of them so far. I'm so pleased I had to come post. LOL. While the ESC's were out I ordered a different brand ESC that needs a computer to be able to use it. Long story short, I'm so very, very happy the GTB2's dont' require a computer and all that hook-up crap.

It's nice to be able to hook up a speed control and then race. Simple. HUGE THANK YOU TO NOVAK FOR KEEPING GUYS LIKE US IN MIND. No updates needed, no boot up time, no wearing out the black plugs that go into the receiver....no drama, no fuss. LOL. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I must be used to the way these GTB's and GTB2's are setup because they feel fantastic on the track. When I tried dialing in the other-brand ESC with laptops and computers it was frustrating and embarrassing. It took about 15 tries to get that ESC to a driveable point without thermalling with all the timing it had default. GRRRR. Even then the ESC just never felt like I could slice and dice the track like with the GTBs. So again I'm very pleased the GTB2's work and feel like the previous models.

Thanx
Chris

p.s. Can you tell I'm happy now? LOL.