4pks or dx3r pro??

Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 4pks or dx3r pro??

Ok guys looking to buy either the new DX3R Pro or the 4PKS. Looking for some advice. Here is a little back story for all of you and why these two. I started out with a DX3r and really liked it. I had the chance to pick up a M11 very cheap so I sold my Dx3r and ran the M11 for about 6 months now. I have a love hate relationship with it. I think that there is something going wacky with it as I got it used, so now im looking to buy a new radio. A lot of guys are running the 4pks and love it. Almost all of them switched from the dx3r to the 4PKS. The reason I cant really make up my mind is the fact that the 4pks is about $140 more then what I can get the Spektrum for. Any info would be great thanks guys.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you liked the 3R you'll like the Pro even more. Same comfortable light weight feel with all the bells and whistles. They're both great radios, but for the price of the Pro and what it can do, it is pretty hard to look past it. I love mine!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just ditched my DX3r for an M11x and love the M11x. To me, it's like the difference between a Honda and a Mercedes. Both are capable, one is just more refined. I'd either buy the 4pks or a new M11x. You get what you pay for.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I went from the DX3r to the 4PK and absolutely love it. I run a life pack in it to keep the weight down and also to keep from having to keep it on the charger when not in use. The 4PK just feels so good in the hand. The person that I actually sold my DX3r to just switched to a 4PK as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me View Post
I just ditched my DX3r for an M11x and love the M11x. To me, it's like the difference between a Honda and a Mercedes. Both are capable, one is just more refined. I'd either buy the 4pks or a new M11x. You get what you pay for.
is that why its very hard to get any kind of warranty help thru fataba. Also the dredid over heating of the receivers. also what about you can only run 6.6v to the receiver. i love the fataba radio dont get me wrong but i would never run their receivers due to the over heating and you cant run 7.2 to them. i get a lot of people say well just run a spectrum receiver, well i might as well run the dx3r pro then. Just my .02
Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There are two reasons that I have not bought the 4pks. One the over heating in the receiver, and two the damn price. I mean come on, from what I can tell there are not that many diffrences.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
is that why its very hard to get any kind of warranty help thru fataba. Also the dredid over heating of the receivers. also what about you can only run 6.6v to the receiver. i love the fataba radio dont get me wrong but i would never run their receivers due to the over heating and you cant run 7.2 to them. i get a lot of people say well just run a spectrum receiver, well i might as well run the dx3r pro then. Just my .02
I know nothing about the 4pks, only the M11x, and yes, to me, its a Mercedes and the DX3r is a Honda. My $.02
Old 03-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Man that m11 is built like big o heavy tank. lol
Old 03-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the 4PKS and love it, but have never had any of the Spektrum systems so I can't make a comparison. As far as overheating goes I thought they fixed the problem? Haven't had any problems with the included R614FF reciever and it's super small. Great system IMO, but pricey.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

I think the new 4pl looks good for the money. I think it's funny people buy the radio with the most crap on it and think it going to help the're game lol. Most folks dont use 90 percent of that stuff .
Old 03-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeefHead View Post
I think the new 4pl looks good for the money. I think it's funny people buy the radio with the most crap on it and think it going to help the're game lol. Most folks dont use 90 percent of that stuff .
Haha, thats true I dont use half the stuff but over time have tried a lot of it and some of it helps to make driving easier. Helps to read the manual too (what guy does that??)
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

had the 3pk fasst, great radio but heavy, bought the dx3r and my driving got funny????, sold it got me a M11x and my driving is back. On another note I do some flighting and can tell the difference on transit times, both 3pk fasst and M11x are faster and more consistent than the dx3r.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

M11, m11 m11 m11 m11 m11 m11 m11 m11 m11 m11

I think that just about sums it up

Yes it's big, but it just works like clockwork.

I have the older module version which isn't as good as the M11X (I run the Airtronics/Sanwa module not the spekky one), but it has been faultless (apart from a cracked receiver case).
Old 03-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I am suprised that this thread has not been moved anyway both are nice radios and the dx3r would suit anyone its light and has all the features and its priced a bit cheaper than the 4pks. I have used both the 4pks you will pay more the design and finish of the radio the small features like illummination, neck strap clip are nice and thats not on the 3r, the 4pks has a few more features that are included on the radio that are for the extreme racer, the 4pks allows you to select travel on your servos at different sections when you servo opens and allows you to select speed in %, the 4pks allows you to adjust you travel at any speed at any stage basically and I dont think the dx3r has this. most racers wouldnt bother and I am still learning the radio. I am not sure if the 3r has this but you can choose on the 4pks different user levels basic to advance. and also I am sure the 4pks has updated the heating problem whic was a problem on the 4pk earlier models. the 4pks is very easy to bind to your rx but you are stuck with using futaba receivers as for the 3r you can use just about any 2.4 spektrum receiver ie 3001, 3000,300 etc etc also the 4pks has the faast mode on it receivers which have a faster latency than the 3r but none of us could ever see the difference anyway.
good luck with it all
cheers
Old 03-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatam View Post
Ok guys looking to buy either the new DX3R Pro or the 4PKS. Looking for some advice. Here is a little back story for all of you and why these two. I started out with a DX3r and really liked it. I had the chance to pick up a M11 very cheap so I sold my Dx3r and ran the M11 for about 6 months now. I have a love hate relationship with it. I think that there is something going wacky with it as I got it used, so now im looking to buy a new radio. A lot of guys are running the 4pks and love it. Almost all of them switched from the dx3r to the 4PKS. The reason I cant really make up my mind is the fact that the 4pks is about $140 more then what I can get the Spektrum for. Any info would be great thanks guys.
I have run the KO Helios for the past 6 years and also used the DX3R. I never got used to the feel of the Spektrum but I used all spektrum gear with my KO and it was flawless.

A month ago I decided it was time to upgrade from the KO and I was in the same position as you. DX3R Pro or 4PKS.

I chose the 4PKS for a couple of reasons. the quality is superb and the radio fit in my hand better.

After a couple of race meetings I love it. A big bonus for me is the adjustability of the angle of the drop down wheel with the 4PKS. You can adjudt that with the spektrum.

A lot is user preference, I could have got the Pro for a lot cheaper but I am really happy I spent the extra money with the 4pks. And futaba have fixed the overheating issue. my 614FF has been running great wrapped in foam in my mbx6 for 45 min mains.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service