turnigy servo mg959

Old 02-24-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default turnigy servo mg959

may i know if this servo is great for 1/8 on road?really great price but dont know if it is hardcore then my savox

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=12451
Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Looks really good on paper for its price
Old 02-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

the price is really sick,its cheaper from my bl servo from futaba,but i dont know if it is hardcore from other brand servo..anyone ever try this?its aluminium case and mg gear with the price of $23,
Old 02-24-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

mate id stick to the savox, best bet with the turnigy stuff, read the user reviews....
Old 03-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

reviews dont count for much these days, Most sites are set-up so Anyone can write a review for what ever they want and in most cases its guys who have zero experience with the product in the first place and are looking to spread pure Lies.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok I just got my 959 today and all I can say is that this servo is the shit just awesome and I'm running it in a Rc8 with a teckno conversion chassis loads of tq and pretty quick I will br getting 2 more for sure.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

also look at the 958, its the same specs and looks like a savox knock off. same case and gears. inside the case it has brass buchings for the gears too. i had it running direct lipo last night to test and after 10 minutes was still running fine. it has 1 titanium gear and the rest are brass, its a bit smoother and quieter than the 959 too.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Digging up an old thread, but I found some info on this, so I thought I'd post up. This servo has a gear-slipping issue. Someone posted a fix on it on an Australian crawler forum here...

http://www.crawlanz.com/viewtopic.ph...=turnigy+servo
Old 10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

These servos are awesome and very under rated. I have been running two of them that I purchased just to try out (purchase date was summer of 2010) and they are great. On paper they are a bit slow but they perform a bit faster like 0.13sec not the rated 0.20sec and they are just over 200oz. of torque and for my D8 they are great. I crash alot and I even drowned them in water and blew it off and took them apart and no water and they still ran great after that. I had a Hitec 5965 that I bought from the LHS here in Calgary and it blew the board and melted out the plastic only 6 months after I purchased it and Hitec will not fix it. Back to the Turnigy 959 it has some bad reviews but from my experience it has been a great servo (better than the Hitecs I have owned) a little noisy but don't notice when my engine is running and doesn't hamper the performance, it doesn't have any plastic gears in it as it's an all metal drive train. For $23 they are [email protected]#%ing awesome and very durable. I would recommend them to anyone. Better than the $95 Hitec piece of crap that I bought could have bought 4 more for that price and been more satisfied with them. Also I would use it for my throttle servo in my truggy but I'll keep my 7955 in for steering (The only good Hitec servo I've ever owned) and on the buggy steering and throttle all the way.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by madac View Post
These servos are awesome and very under rated. I have been running two of them that I purchased just to try out (purchase date was summer of 2010) and they are great. On paper they are a bit slow but they perform a bit faster like 0.13sec not the rated 0.20sec and they are just over 200oz. of torque and for my D8 they are great. I crash alot and I even drowned them in water and blew it off and took them apart and no water and they still ran great after that. I had a Hitec 5965 that I bought from the LHS here in Calgary and it blew the board and melted out the plastic only 6 months after I purchased it and Hitec will not fix it. Back to the Turnigy 959 it has some bad reviews but from my experience it has been a great servo (better than the Hitecs I have owned) a little noisy but don't notice when my engine is running and doesn't hamper the performance, it doesn't have any plastic gears in it as it's an all metal drive train. For $23 they are [email protected]#%ing awesome and very durable. I would recommend them to anyone. Better than the $95 Hitec piece of crap that I bought could have bought 4 more for that price and been more satisfied with them. Also I would use it for my throttle servo in my truggy but I'll keep my 7955 in for steering (The only good Hitec servo I've ever owned) and on the buggy steering and throttle all the way.

100% False, Hitec WILL Warranty servo's Even WELL after the original purchase date and "Written warranty period"

Piece of crap, Lol riight.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
100% False, Hitec WILL Warranty servo's Even WELL after the original purchase date and "Written warranty period"

Piece of crap, Lol riight.
They wouldn't warranty mine. And yeah the 5965 is a piece of crap. I like the 5955 and the 7955 that I have but after the bs I've had to put up with for the 5965 I really don't want to buy Hitec again. I was comparing the fact that my 5965 blew the board and melted inside the casing after 6 months but my Turnigy 959's are runnning great and strong over a year after.

How can you state that it's "100% False, Hitec WILL Warranty servo's Even WELL after the original purchase date and "Written warranty period"? Do you work there or are you just one of the lucky ones that they do that for? Where did you read that?
Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry to bump an old thread but better then creating one. How are the speeds on these things? .20 seems super slow...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

It kind of depends what you are doing with them.For on road racing we slow down the servo for steering but want maximum speed for both throttle/brake servoís.As i run 3 servoís.Quite different to off road requirements.

I have had all hitec servoís and they are a good servo but i wanted to try another brand at a cheaper price and so far the bluebirds are working good.

You need to look thru the range at hobby king and see what suites your application between bluebird and turnigy.There is a lot more people using these brands to what people think.Oh and MKS make turnigy servo's.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Lord

I just dont get why some guys are willing to take a Chance on these cheap servo's. Ya sure it'll save you 30-40$. But in the end will it really save you that much if something were to go wrong ? I personally like having confidence in my electronics and Feel that 30-40$ saved now could Cost 100$+ come race day and your out a servo for the mains.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

If a servo gave out during a mains race i can live with that as iím not a paid or sponsored driver i don't depend on this as making a income from it.I was disappointed when my hitec gave out on me during a A main,because it cost me double purchase price.