Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orca ESC/Motor Stuttering at low throttle

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Orca ESC/Motor Stuttering at low throttle

I recently purchased a Orca VRITRA VTC ESC and Orca 6.5T brushless sensored motor. I have installed today, and i'm having some problems.

Basically, the ESC either stutters or cuts out then applying any throttle. If i give my RC car a little push to get it moving i will get power stuttering at low throttle and then it smooths out about 1/3 throttle is then ok right up to full.

Every time the motor becomes stationary it cuts out unless you get the motor spinning (by pushing) first.

When i first installed, i ran around living room to test at low throttle, it was fine and perfectly smooth. Only after about 3 minutes of usage outdoors at higher speed the problem has come into effect and wont go away.

- Ive tried resetting the ESC using the startup/setup procedure to no avail.
- Ive ensured my lipo battery is fully charged and securely connected via deans plug. All soldering clean and connected.
- During the first tentative run outdoors, i have not maxed out the ESC or motor in any way.
- Ive checked the sensor wires and tried a different sensor wire.
- Ive tried different parameters on the program card.

Could this be a faulty ESC or motor? Perhaps a sensor issue?

Any advice/support would be appreciated. The Orca website provides no support other than manual (which doesn't fix this fault). Im getting worried as i payed a lot for this set-up and im not satisfied its performing correctly. Also, i got the ESC and motor separately over a few months in between - and the manufacturers warranty is only 30 days! So i could stand to lose out big time if this is a faulty hardware...

Thanks.

Last edited by demus01; 02-20-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Wink

Hi I am not surprised that you are not getting a respond here. Not many people are aware of this thread. Anyway may I know where you bought the set from? If you could provide more details I should be able to assist you further thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default All sorted now.

Hi.

I returned the ESC to Answer RC (a UK supplier) and they found a fault with the ESC sensor board. I was issued a replacement in a prompt response.

New ESC running well so far. Thanks for your offer to help anyway!

Demus01.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by demus01
Hi.

I returned the ESC to Answer RC (a UK supplier) and they found a fault with the ESC sensor board. I was issued a replacement in a prompt response.

New ESC running well so far. Thanks for your offer to help anyway!

Demus01.
Glad to hear that!
Cheers!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm having the same problem with my new set.
Haven even ran on my car and its having same prob as urs.
I sent back to local supplier but no prompt response like urs..