Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
need some help guy pls >

need some help guy pls

need some help guy pls

Old 02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need some help guy pls

hi all im new at forums so pls bear with me
i have a OFNA BUGGY i was told it ran and drove but when i got it home itwouldnt start..well got it running good, now i turn the radio on and the car on i have no gas or steering...i took the transmitter box out of my rc10gt2 and put it on the buggy but i bearly got any steering and the gas is backward. u hit the gas and it closes the carb and u let off it opens it have brand new batterys in the servo pack and the controller...do i need the get a new radio and transmitter box? not sure what make it is besides an OFNA buggy any ideas will help
thanks all for looking Doug
Old 02-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sounds like the orig rcvr had a prob. The rcvr you put in - check the radio, you need to reverse the throttle channel, there's usually a switch on the face of the radio that marked throttle. Flipping that switch will reverse the action so it'll open the throttle when you give it gas like its supposed to.

Remember to always turn the radio on first, then turn the rcvr in the RC on. Then when you're thru, turn the rcvr in the RC off 1st, then turn the radio off.
If you do it the other way, you can have probs and the rc may have a run away.

Welcome to RC Tech btw.....
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info i'll try it and let you know how it works out thanks again