R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/470496-lrp-sxx-stockspec-v2-esc.html)

gofasteddy 10-19-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX (Post 9792538)
The SXX Stock Spec is the only LRP v1 with built in 1s v-booster.
All the v2 have this.

Thank you RedBull, the esc is the TC v1 I guess that is not the right one for 1/12?

RedBullFiXX 10-19-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by gofasteddy (Post 9802905)
Thank you RedBull, the esc is the TC v1 I guess that is not the right one for 1/12?

It will work, but you will need a 1s booster, or receiver pack.

A few of the Team AE drivers were using the v2 TC esc at the iic race.

UrabusDenis 10-20-2011 03:07 PM

Hello guys !

Will LRP/Nosram introduce a new ESC and motor for 2012 ? More specifically , can I buy my ESC and 10,5T motor now and be sure I will have top specifications for 2012 ?

entitymugenmtx 10-22-2011 10:22 AM

Hello.

I need a little help. I will be changing my wires from my SXX V2 speed control to black. Should I stick with the 12GA or 13GA? The motors I will run is a 13.5 and 17.5

Thanks.

eevul 10-22-2011 10:33 PM

Hi guys. I just picked up one of these ESC and I am looking for a base setup for a CRC WGT. Track size is similar size to the IIC. I am new to the WGT and really new to this LRP ESC. I will be running 33-36 pinion and 88 spur. What is a good starting point for this ESC?

Buckaroo 10-23-2011 07:54 AM

OK, I'm a little confused. Which ESC would work best for boosted 12th, a base SXX, Stock Spec, or TC? Which would work best for blinky TC?

Obviously, a V2 and the latest firmware!

RedBullFiXX 10-23-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx (Post 9815247)
Hello.

I need a little help. I will be changing my wires from my SXX V2 speed control to black. Should I stick with the 12GA or 13GA? The motors I will run is a 13.5 and 17.5

Thanks.

16g for spec motors is plenty.

Originally Posted by eevul (Post 9817097)
Hi guys. I just picked up one of these ESC and I am looking for a base setup for a CRC WGT. Track size is similar size to the IIC. I am new to the WGT and really new to this LRP ESC. I will be running 33-36 pinion and 88 spur. What is a good starting point for this ESC?

Depends on the motor brand, are you running boost or blinky ?
With a MurfDogg on 90x45 carpet, we run 86roll on blinky mode.

Originally Posted by Buckaroo (Post 9818006)
OK, I'm a little confused. Which ESC would work best for boosted 12th, a base SXX, Stock Spec, or TC? Which would work best for blinky TC?

Obviously, a V2 and the latest firmware!

The SXX Stock Spec is the only LRP for boosting spec motors.
The TC and Comp are for mod or blinky

Not sure which firmware is the best for boosted pan car yet.
Maybe Sean from AE can chime in with some info here.

eevul 10-23-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX (Post 9818042)
16g for spec motors is plenty.

Depends on the motor brand, are you running boost or blinky ?
With a MurfDogg on 90x45 carpet, we run 86roll on blinky mode.

The SXX Stock Spec is the only LRP for boosting spec motors.
The TC and Comp are for mod or blinky

Not sure which firmware is the best for boosted pan car yet.
Maybe Sean from AE can chime in with some info here.

Sorry, I forgot to state that I am running the Vector K4 Brushless Motor - 13.5T in boosted classes. I'm not sure if this combo will be the right choice.

Buckaroo 10-23-2011 09:57 AM

For X12 motors (17.5, 13.5), start with the 4 dot timing insert? All others start at the 0 mark?

Teambcw 10-23-2011 10:06 AM

does anyone have a bad version 2 tc or stock spec I can buy or have? I have been trying to repair the bad ones.... haven't had any luck yet ...haha but it is sure fun trying, please send me a pm. Thank you!!!

Francis M. 10-24-2011 11:42 AM

Trouble shooting...

My SXX stock spec v2 has been cutting of on me as in No power to the motor but still has power to turn the steering and fans running on the speedo.
I will not get any power from the Motor until I turn the speedo off and turn it on again....
I've switched motors and sensor wires and still the same problem.

Joven M 10-24-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Francis M. (Post 9822647)
Trouble shooting...

My SXX stock spec v2 has been cutting of on me as in No power to the motor but still has power to turn the steering and fans running on the speedo.
I will not get any power from the Motor until I turn the speedo off and turn it on again....
I've switched motors and sensor wires and still the same problem.

Hey Francis. I had the same problem with the Kinetic ESC. I had to turn on the car first then the radio. I didn't know the LRP has that same problem. Give that a try. If that's the case, I would try another receiver. Worst comes to worse, Pop the esc in someone else's car to see if you have a problem with the radio system. Hope that helps.

Francis M. 10-24-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Joven M (Post 9823444)
Hey Francis. I had the same problem with the Kinetic ESC. I had to turn on the car first then the radio. I didn't know the LRP has that same problem. Give that a try. If that's the case, I would try another receiver. Worst comes to worse, Pop the esc in someone else's car to see if you have a problem with the radio system. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the Tip Joven, I'm ready to try anything right about now!

magnum 10-24-2011 06:37 PM

my ecs seems to be lacking in the line of brakes. is this the way they are , or did I miss something in setting it up

Infinite 12th 10-24-2011 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by magnum (Post 9824449)
my ecs seems to be lacking in the line of brakes. is this the way they are , or did I miss something in setting it up

What class are you racing and what mode 4 setting for brake did you use?

0-0-0-?