R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/470496-lrp-sxx-stockspec-v2-esc.html)

Tron 02-20-2011 12:52 PM

Stupid question...I have one of the SXX Stock Spec red dot version 1 ESCs I have never used...

What is better about the v2? What was the beef with the v1?

Zooberg 02-21-2011 10:30 AM

any god setup tips on a carpet track 18*10 meters?

17.5 t LRP X12 motor??

gearing?

RedBullFiXX 02-21-2011 11:13 AM

Shout out to Team AE/LRP

Thanks for the Free NEW SXXSSv2
Only took a week, nice turnaround time. :D

Looking forward to running 12th Mod with this bad boy.

JayBee 02-21-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX (Post 8687104)
Shout out to Team AE/LRP

Thanks for the Free NEW SXXSSv2
Only took a week, nice turnaround time. :D

Looking forward to running 12th Mod with this bad boy.

I thought the Stock Spec V2 was made SPECIFICALLY for Spec NO BOOST racing? Don't you want the SXX Comp V2 for Mod? I'm confused.....

slakr 02-21-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by JayBee (Post 8687200)
I thought the Stock Spec V2 was made SPECIFICALLY for Spec NO BOOST racing? Don't you want the SXX Comp V2 for Mod? I'm confused.....

No, I think...

SPX Zero is specifically made for NO BOOST spec

SXX Stock Spec V2 is for Boosted "Stock" (higher wind) motors

SXX Comp V2 is for "Mod" (lower wind) motors

JayBee 02-21-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by slakr (Post 8687243)
No, I think...

SPX Zero is specifically made for NO BOOST spec

SXX Stock Spec V2 is for Boosted "Stock" (higher wind) motors

SXX Comp V2 is for "Mod" (lower wind) motors

Okay....now someone explain this:lol:
I'm running my SXX Comp V2 in our 17.5 AND 13.5 no boost classes and this speedo rocks. According to K.H., this speedo can be ran in the no boosted spec classes AND Mod classes. The SXX Stock Spec V2 has 'better' spec profiles therefore I was told that this speedo is better for spec (no boost) classes. I've been wrong before and I'm sure this won't be the last.
Now my head is hurting:lol::lol:

RedBullFiXX 02-21-2011 12:53 PM

Apparently the new profiles with the SXXSSV2 work well with 1s mod.

We will see....

Sean Cochran 02-21-2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX (Post 8687545)
Apparently the new profiles with the SXXSSV2 work well with 1s mod.

We will see....

I think that will only be the case if you are wanting to work with a milder motor, like a 5.5t or higher. The profiles in the latest version SS are much more aggressive timing than in the original.

Also the SXX-SS V2 also has the ability to run in the zero boost mode(blinky).
Just set the mode 2(torque) to zero and mode 3(timing) to zero, now it is in the zero timing mode, blue led should blink in nuetral. I need to send SC to ROAR to have it added to the list.

Sean Cochran 02-21-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by slakr (Post 8667002)
Tower Hobbies shows early "Early March" availability...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...5&I=LXAVSK&P=K

The first batch of SXX-SS V2 have been designated only for use to upgrade existing customers.

hacker 02-21-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran (Post 8687899)
I think that will only be the case if you are wanting to work with a milder motor, like a 5.5t or higher. The profiles in the latest version SS are much more aggressive timing than in the original.

Also the SXX-SS V2 also has the ability to run in the zero boost mode(blinky).
Just set the mode 2(torque) to zero and mode 3(timing) to zero, now it is in the zero timing mode, blue led should blink in nuetral. I need to send SC to ROAR to have it added to the list.

sorry to not contribute to this thread, but is there any plans for lrp to have the lrp sxx TC v2 added to the roar list as well? The non TC is on, and the only difference is heatsink and lower motor capability.

Sean Cochran 02-21-2011 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by hacker (Post 8688616)
sorry to not contribute to this thread, but is there any plans for lrp to have the lrp sxx TC v2 added to the roar list as well? The non TC is on, and the only difference is heatsink and lower motor capability.

That must be an over site, I'll pass on that info also.

Yes I see where they have the 80905 listed twice, I'm pretty sure the 2nd listing should be 80955 which is the TC version. I have notified ROAR about this.

magnum 02-21-2011 08:47 PM

is the 80915 ecs the latest and greatest for boosted 17.5???

tellan 02-23-2011 07:46 AM

LRP Fantastic service

My new Esc SXX V2 upgradeable went dead after 8 mins. I returned it monday and received a brand new replacement in sealed box on Wednesday.Is that service or what.
LRP rocks

hacker 02-23-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by tellan (Post 8697876)
My new Esc SXX V2 upgradeable went dead after 8 mins. I returned it monday and received a brand new replacement in sealed box on Wednesday.Is that service or what.
LRP rocks

it would be better service is there was NO service at all in the 1st place. You should not have to put up with these things going dead!

I dont know about lrp's reliability anymore. The sxx's have put me right off buying anymore lrp's in the future

Tuca 02-23-2011 09:08 AM

Ciao
I have by now ran one race with new SXX SS and must say that feel is much better than Tekin that I have used so far. Difference is not big, but You really can say that there is one. Now I will continue testing with "boost" -settings, as so far I ran in 0-boost mode.

So far So good, nothing to camplain!