Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Spektrum S6030 & S6040 Servos, anyone use them, recommendations? >

Spektrum S6030 & S6040 Servos, anyone use them, recommendations?

Spektrum S6030 & S6040 Servos, anyone use them, recommendations?

Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Spektrum S6030 & S6040 Servos, anyone use them, recommendations?

I've been out of racing for the last 5 years or so and I'm looking to get back in....have a Losi 22 on pre-order and I'm thinking about converting my old XXXT-MF2 to a short course truck with the CRC conversion.

I'm planning on using my old Airtronics M8 that has a Spetrum module and with the Spetrum recievers. Except for the radio, I'm going lipo and brushless with all new electronics in both vehicles and I'm shopping for new servos.

Have always liked and used JR servos before and was looking at them this time, but $140 for servos is up there. Went and checked out what most everyone at the local track is using and most seem to be using either JR's or Hitec servos. Didn't see any Spektrum, Savox or any other brand out there today.

Don't know much about the Hitec servos, but I've looked at the Spetrum servos a little.....and the specs I like and the price I like even better. I seem to remember reading somewhere (probably in here somewhere) that the Spetrum servos are actually rebadged Savox servos with the Spectrum name on them with a different colored band around them......true?

Anyone use or have experience with the Spetrum S6030 and/or the S6040 servos.....would you recommend them?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Bump.....

Nobody uses these servos?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dirtracer1 View Post
I've been out of racing for the last 5 years or so and I'm looking to get back in....have a Losi 22 on pre-order and I'm thinking about converting my old XXXT-MF2 to a short course truck with the CRC conversion.

I'm planning on using my old Airtronics M8 that has a Spetrum module and with the Spetrum recievers. Except for the radio, I'm going lipo and brushless with all new electronics in both vehicles and I'm shopping for new servos.

Have always liked and used JR servos before and was looking at them this time, but $140 for servos is up there. Went and checked out what most everyone at the local track is using and most seem to be using either JR's or Hitec servos. Didn't see any Spektrum, Savox or any other brand out there today.

Don't know much about the Hitec servos, but I've looked at the Spetrum servos a little.....and the specs I like and the price I like even better. I seem to remember reading somewhere (probably in here somewhere) that the Spetrum servos are actually rebadged Savox servos with the Spectrum name on them with a different colored band around them......true?

Anyone use or have experience with the Spetrum S6030 and/or the S6040 servos.....would you recommend them?

Thanks
I have one of them in my Blitz for the past several months racing 2 twice a week. I can't remember which I have in the truck at the moment but I've never had any issues.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have 2 race Kits with Spektrum Servos. In both I have 6040 for throttle and 6030 for steering. They have not given me any problems. I have seen about 4 6020's burn out, but they are not meant to be in 1/8 race vehicles and Horizon repaired them under warranty.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I'll be building a Blitz ESE in a couple of weeks and while shopping for my electronics, I stumble upon Savox USA web site. After lots of research, it seems to me that these units are built like tanks and sold at very reasonable prices! I have yet to read one bad comment/review on forums. Lots of pro racers, especially in Europe, are going with Savox. The good news is that Spektrum servos are re-branded Savox! I bough a Spektrum S6030 (High torque Titanium gears) for $82! Orion are also re-branded Savox units.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use the 40 servo. 168 at .08. great servo. very very fast. it is loud as crap though lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The H6040 is a heli based servo with a long leads and different ear mounting positions. The S6040 is designed for surface vehicles.

Either way, several us of in On-Road have run the 6040 (S and H) with no issues at all. Definitely a strong servo to handle things like touring car, 10th scale offroad, and short course. Do NOT use these servos for 8th scale. They are not meant to handle that load and they can fail. There are newer servos on the way for 8th scale that haven't been announced yet that I think people will be pleased with once they're released.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think these servos would be fine for 1/10 off road but I don't think they are for the serious TC racer. I have a 6040 and it does work very well but if you slap a wall it seems to knock the gears out of whack. Not sure if you would have this issue in the dirt.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Many of the guys at our track use the 6040, including Matt Chambers and Dustin Evans. I have 2 of them, no complaints other than the wire is long.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

6040 draws a lot of current and can cut out rx's like the spektrum sr3000 (lose bind from voltage drop) with tekin rs pro providing power

when going lock to lock even with wheels off ground and end points not pinning it out either.

you can run a rx capacitor above 2200uf but its annoying to have to do so.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
6040 draws a lot of current and can cut out rx's like the spektrum sr3000 (lose bind from voltage drop) with tekin rs pro providing power

when going lock to lock even with wheels off ground and end points not pinning it out either.

you can run a rx capacitor above 2200uf but its annoying to have to do so.
+1

I had had this issue with a more than one sr300. Also does this when I use my hitec 7940. Switching to an sr3100 receiver worked as well as using the spektrum cap part number SPM1600 along with an sr300.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

running in a nitro vehicle with a battery it did not loose bind from voltage drop.

Im glad to see it wasnt just me who had this happen
Old 02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Running these in my Jammin X2 truggy and loving them!