Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Ballistic timing (no sticker)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Novak Ballistic timing (no sticker)

I picked up a ballistic 7.5T that I knew something was wrong with, so it wasn't a big deal that it's not perfect when it showed up. However, it has adjustable timing, and someone has obviously removed the timing cover and not placed back the original way. There's a hash mark on the end cap, but the timing cover has no sticker on it, which apparently had the timing has marks to line up to. Is there any way to determine 0 degree timing other than sending it back? You can buy replacement timing covers, and I'm sure they don't have a factory calibrated sticker on them. Any help?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Company Representative

We have designed special test equipment to set our motors' timing at @30 degrees. But, if the sticker is removed, there is no way that you can re-set it correctly.

We offer factory replacements for all of our brushless motors:

TeamNovak BL Motor Trade-In program

Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip
I picked up a ballistic 7.5T that I knew something was wrong with, so it wasn't a big deal that it's not perfect when it showed up. However, it has adjustable timing, and someone has obviously removed the timing cover and not placed back the original way. There's a hash mark on the end cap, but the timing cover has no sticker on it, which apparently had the timing has marks to line up to. Is there any way to determine 0 degree timing other than sending it back? You can buy replacement timing covers, and I'm sure they don't have a factory calibrated sticker on them. Any help?
Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, I'm seriously considering the trade in program, since it needs; new bearings, new end cap, and depending on what I determine with the timing a new timing sensor.
I wrote to your tech department at the same time, and got a very quick response, which gave me instructions on approximating the factory set 30 degree setting. I think I spoke with Brent B. I'll try that and hopefully that'll give me a baseline to figure out what else is wrong with it.
thanks #2
Old 12-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Company Representative

Happy we could help. Second-hand electronics can offer a few challenges....

Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip
Thanks, I'm seriously considering the trade in program, since it needs; new bearings, new end cap, and depending on what I determine with the timing a new timing sensor.
I wrote to your tech department at the same time, and got a very quick response, which gave me instructions on approximating the factory set 30 degree setting. I think I spoke with Brent B. I'll try that and hopefully that'll give me a baseline to figure out what else is wrong with it.
thanks #2
Old 12-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Info for anyone that follows this thread later.

I got a request to post what the tech dept. said, so here it is. It's still an approximation, so I don't think they're telling me this is the exact 30 degree setting. I plan to use that reference point and just for safety turn it down just a bit;

I have posted a link below. take a look at the picture on the right with the blue “Novak” logo. Line up the silicone around the sensor plug the same as it is in the picture and that will set you back to factory setting of 30 degrees

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...pec/index.html "