Like Tree4Likes

Viper RC -

Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 AM
  #766  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (207)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,382
Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)
Default

where's my tester esc Derek
Trevor Williams is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 AM
  #767  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
SuperEk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10,333
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Owl
Do these guys make a 550 motor for 4x4 sc?
yes still testing, i will get one soon!
SuperEk4 is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 11:33 AM
  #768  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jurquhart
Quick question I just installed my 7.5 turn viper engine with MMP in my slash 4x4. The motor feels like it's getting hot real quick with the gearing I had in it 16/54. shouled I drop down on the pinion to the stock pinion setting of 13 or should I go even lower. Just worried this will effect my speed. I bought this to go faster than what I was with the stock Velineon system
Originally Posted by Chris K
Don't agree; and my experience supports my statement.

You're geared too tall - get the gear down to 13/14 range and you'll be fine. My motor of choice for my 4 x 4 slash was either the Castle 1410 OR a 8.5 Xcelleron motor - both geared 13 x 54. NEVER a heating issue with either an Xcelleron speed control or the Castle Sidewinder SC. I'm anxious to test these combinations in the Losi TEN SCTE. Starting out with a Fantom 10.5 and the Xcelleron speed control. - starting at 15/40 and hope to go to at least a 16 tooth indoors - large track.

With the Viper motors tendency to be torque superior my thought is that they will do very well in these trucks. The Slash 4 x 4 is the lightest of the bunch.

You're welcome!
John I don't think you need the higher torque rotor, though it could be helpful. The stock rotor in the 7.5t is our 12.5mm mod spec, so it already has a moderate torque rotor in it. You could try a higher torque rotor but lets get it running properly as is first
mini-dub is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
  #769  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (83)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hughson CA
Posts: 5,606
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

what dose the pc link consist of.. my local guy we are trying to get him and his viper 10 squared away but we need to reflash his software.

Weylin, trying to get rod's back on the track!
smokinu is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:31 PM
  #770  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (27)
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

well guys here is my delema , i bought a viper 7.5 from amian hobbies a few weeks back after testing the motor a came across a over heating issue which it was taken care of by weylin and i thank him for that , so after looking forward to get my new replacement it shows that i was delivered today by usps to the correct address but no motor in my hands , i contacted weylin about it and by no means i blaming viper-rc on this issue but he couldnt do much about it since there wasnt no insurance on the package or signiture required upon delivery for the package , i often receive packages from amain and absolute and never had package lost so i contacted usps about and now im on a waiting game for someone to call me back about the issue which im pretty sure they are gonna stick to their guns on the fact that it was delivered per tracking number so now im in the lost with 2 motors
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 PM
  #771  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smokinu
what dose the pc link consist of.. my local guy we are trying to get him and his viper 10 squared away but we need to reflash his software.

Weylin, trying to get rod's back on the track!
It is a USB adapter to connect to the Vport on the switch housing just like the ProGauge (but with a computer..). I've been talking with Rod too via email, I'm helping him get it squared away.

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
well guys here is my delema , i bought a viper 7.5 from amian hobbies a few weeks back after testing the motor a came across a over heating issue which it was taken care of by weylin and i thank him for that , so after looking forward to get my new replacement it shows that i was delivered today by usps to the correct address but no motor in my hands , i contacted weylin about it and by no means i blaming viper-rc on this issue but he couldnt do much about it since there wasnt no insurance on the package or signiture required upon delivery for the package , i often receive packages from amain and absolute and never had package lost so i contacted usps about and now im on a waiting game for someone to call me back about the issue which im pretty sure they are gonna stick to their guns on the fact that it was delivered per tracking number so now im in the lost with 2 motors
Tommy I'm terribly sorry to hear about this issue with USPS, my experience with them has been nearly flawless. I'm still very surprised to hear this account. Please get in touch with your local post office and let me know if you have any luck
mini-dub is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 PM
  #772  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (27)
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

well i got to 2 choices here either get up first thing in the morning and go to the post office and argue with them or sniper out my postman until he comes by and ask him if in fact he delivered the package like the tracking number says
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 08:13 PM
  #773  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (83)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hughson CA
Posts: 5,606
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
well i got to 2 choices here either get up first thing in the morning and go to the post office and argue with them or sniper out my postman until he comes by and ask him if in fact he delivered the package like the tracking number says
ive had something like that happen. said it was delivered.. it was.. to the house down the street that has the same numbers in his address just 2 of them are switched.. so instead of 34 its 43 i get his mail sometimes too.

i have also had one marked out for delivery but then they delivered it the next day with the mail.
smokinu is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
  #774  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (27)
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smokinu
ive had something like that happen. said it was delivered.. it was.. to the house down the street that has the same numbers in his address just 2 of them are switched.. so instead of 34 its 43 i get his mail sometimes too.

i have also had one marked out for delivery but then they delivered it the next day with the mail.
i hope that is the case that he still has it in his truck....
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
  #775  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
jurquhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Just got my 7.5 viper motor and MMP and I'm experiencing a lot of cogging. Anyone else had this problem and what is the fix. I am running the MMP in sensored mode. Also tried the Viper in another slash 4x4 and still had some cogging. The velineon has a sensor plug in the front of the esc. AAlso tried changing the sensor wire just in case but no luck. Feeling really frustrated with the engine right now
jurquhart is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
  #776  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (27)
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jurquhart
Just got my 7.5 viper motor and MMP and I'm experiencing a lot of cogging. Anyone else had this problem and what is the fix. I am running the MMP in sensored mode. Also tried the Viper in another slash 4x4 and still had some cogging. The velineon has a sensor plug in the front of the esc. AAlso tried changing the sensor wire just in case but no luck. Feeling really frustrated with the engine right now
have you try different gearing since this motors like to be gear higher than others
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:12 PM
  #777  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
macdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jurquhart
Just got my 7.5 viper motor and MMP and I'm experiencing a lot of cogging. Anyone else had this problem and what is the fix. I am running the MMP in sensored mode. Also tried the Viper in another slash 4x4 and still had some cogging. The velineon has a sensor plug in the front of the esc. AAlso tried changing the sensor wire just in case but no luck. Feeling really frustrated with the engine right now
If it's cogging in two esc's I would look at the sensor board.
macdude is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
  #778  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
jurquhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
have you try different gearing since this motors like to be gear higher than others
I had it geared higher still did same thing only then it was getting too hot
jurquhart is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM
  #779  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

try a different sensor wire.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM
  #780  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (83)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hughson CA
Posts: 5,606
Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default

try a better esc?

MMP in Sensored has problems with a lot of motors smart sence is even worse.
smokinu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.