Like Tree4Likes

Viper RC -

Old 04-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

did you try it in blinky? Practice mode has reverse. Not sure if that would cause issues.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx498r
Team orion carbo pro 5500 saddle pack battery profile 3 lipo cutoff 6.4 in practice mode motor direc normal. Fwd power 90% punch 84% throttle freq 4000. Thats the highest I can go without it surging at full throttle
Throttle frequency: lower number = higher or harder hit of power. Higher number = softer or smoother power. Try raising above 9600
Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Still looks like a fed ex issue. They tested your esc, said the bec was bad and said they would ship you a new one. What exactly is the issue? I have no idea what their stock is like, but tekin is way behind on rx8 fix/replace because of the back log from China everyone is dealing with. But Viper is honoring their warranty in a timely manner. What are you upset about? Because fedex had issues delivering? I once had a fedex package get stuck in NY city for 9 days. Then it finally left and came to me. Should i yell at the shipper? Was it their fault? You nor I know exactly what the issues was with your package. Do you think Viper saw your name on the package and just kept rejecting it because they thought it was funny? I see no where in you post that says viper did anything wrong.
Yep, and no ETA at all when they will be back in stores or back from repairs.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Still looks like a fed ex issue. They tested your esc, said the bec was bad and said they would ship you a new one. What exactly is the issue? I have no idea what their stock is like, but tekin is way behind on rx8 fix/replace because of the back log from China everyone is dealing with. But Viper is honoring their warranty in a timely manner. What are you upset about? Because fedex had issues delivering? I once had a fedex package get stuck in NY city for 9 days. Then it finally left and came to me. Should i yell at the shipper? Was it their fault? You nor I know exactly what the issues was with your package. Do you think Viper saw your name on the package and just kept rejecting it because they thought it was funny? I see no where in you post that says viper did anything wrong.
Its safe to say the situation has been resolved but I still feel the need to respond to the people looking over the post and making comments about fault.

I guess its possible that I'm the only one who used Fedex and that they did not receive any other packages via fedex given the "High RMA Volume". I guess its also possible that a fedex driver who has probably been doing this rout for years had a brain fart for 5 days or even was on vacation for 5 days and again I was the only one to use fedex. Is it likely? well I'll let you make that decision as you know my feelings on the matter.

If they where out of stock that is completely understandable and a note telling me that would have been great. I guess its not 1 gigantic issue but a collection of smaller issues. Sure the problem is resolved now that a little attention has been drawn to the issue.

I guess my main complaint is the discrepancy between pulling out your bankcard today and having an new esc in your hand 2 days from now straight from the manufacturer versus sending said new failed esc back after a very short amount of use and waiting. Even disregarding the shipping issues they still tested and confirmed it failed a full 7 days ago. So why does it take 2 days to get a new one in hand with a credit card and 7+ days to even get a tracking number after its been tested and found to be faulty?

I still have a voicemail on my phone from the 26th telling me that since there has been such an issue with fedex we will get you a new one out right away and send you a return shipping label if fedex drop's the ball and sends this one back to you. Now that is customer service! Heck I would have been ok with giving a refundable deposit in that situation just because so many people are looking for something for nothing and they would be taking a chance on me being honest and sending the failed one back once it was returned.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sean, we can take all the nuts and bolts of how the process works off line, we do have to verify that its under warranty, and other steps involved overall -- if you saw the PM, I sent you I would like to get more information. You can PM me or email me at [email protected].

BTW - I sent you a PM with the tracking number.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mulepic
I find it interesting a user account only has 4 posts and 3 of them are in this thread trying to stir it up.
I'm content to listen and learn. My first RC car was a Tamiya grasshopper that was purchased before the original rc10 ever came out. The last RC car I owned was an original JRx2 5 link and it was new and fast back then. I have only been back in the sport for a month or two from a 20+ year break so unless we are talking about 1200mah scr or 1700mah sce nicad batteries and old school brushed trinity,reedy or revtech motors I don't really have much to say. Had I not had issues with getting an esc replaced I would still be reading and learning. If you noticed I actively acknowledged my lack of posts when I could not link the fedex web site. I also acknowledged that I don't really enjoy dragging garbage out onto the net but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 2pm's and a tracking number when I turned the computer on this afternoon/morning to check the fire.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by H0LESH0T
Yep, and no ETA at all when they will be back in stores or back from repairs.
Not that worried -- we have lots of VTX8's in stock!!!! So do our sales partners!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Sean, we can take all the nuts and bolts of how the process works off line, we do have to verify that its under warranty, and other steps involved overall -- if you saw the PM, I sent you I would like to get more information. You can PM me or email me at [email protected].

BTW - I sent you a PM with the tracking number.
I appreciate the speedy response Nikos I got the pm's and heck I even got an Email from viper rc directly with a tracking number. The only reason I responded to my initial post on the forum is to try and convey my view on the situation as peoples knee-jerk reaction is to attack the messenger rather than examine the message. I would rather not be lumped in with those who like to charge into a thread with a pile of undocumented blanket statements and throw fire bombs every where then run away with no defense of their actions. So I felt the need to respond a bit... I'll let it die now and again thanks for the speedy response.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

ok, not trying to beat a dead horse, lol. But I still want to buy an sc 4x4. But i am looking to not go broke in the process. I am pretty sure I would get the tekno. I still have a vtx10r looking at me saying, "I think I can, I think I can", lol. After my track mates issue, I have doubts. The copperhead would be good, but I dont trust sensorless. I just got an email from a sponsored guy saying he was running a 2 pole 550 boosted last weekend and he had MASSIVE power. I thought for sure it was a 4 pole. So I think a 550 2 pole should be able to push a heavy sct around the track. He was not using a viper, he is sponsored by the other orange esc, lol. Which I plan to never buy. I checked the setups online and saw the durango 4x4 vtx10r setup. But the durango is lighter no?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

ok, not trying to beat a dead horse, lol. But I still want to buy an sc 4x4. But i am looking to not go broke in the process. I am pretty sure I would get the tekno. I still have a vtx10r looking at me saying, "I think I can, I think I can", lol. After my track mates issue, I have doubts. The copperhead would be good, but I dont trust sensorless. I just got an email from a sponsored guy saying he was running a 2 pole 550 boosted last weekend and he had MASSIVE power. I thought for sure it was a 4 pole. So I think a 550 2 pole should be able to push a heavy sct around the track. He was not using a viper, he is sponsored by the other orange esc, lol. Which I plan to never buy. I checked the setups online and saw the durango 4x4 vtx10r setup. But the durango is lighter no?
for the price they are at right now, do yourself a favor and try the copperhead with the 4 pole 4500kv. i didnt get a chance to video it, but for an unsensored system, the copperhead is so close to feeling sensored it is ridiculous.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

4wd SC across the board is very interesting, and difficult (in my mind) from the mfg point of view. The majority of the vehicles are heavy, they put a big strand on a system with 2s, pushing all that weight around. Add on top of that, the desire by many to be overpowered (because when all else fails - pull the throttle!!!). I was having a discussion about this today with one of our team drivers and we kind of came to this type of a conclusion:

Copperhead system - awesome price!!!!, can't count that out. 4 pole power, little lag, because its sensorless, not as bad as similar type of units (especially when set right), helps on loose conditions (slight lag almost acts like a little limiter). again, great price point for the power

VTX8 - with 2 pole or 4 pole motor
2 550 Pole motor -- indoors, medium - smaller, more technical, smooth track. Much better throttle control, bigger tracks - hard packed, loose top. Similar top speed, but not wheel spinning grunt, probably better for smoother driver

4 Pole motor -- grunt, power, want to over jump, wheels spinning, (the old Tim Allen TV show with him going - Arh, Arh, Arh come to mind, unless I am showing my age), short run ups, long jumps, outdoor 1/8 tracks.

I didn't list the VTX10R here, although many of our drivers are using it with 2 pole motors because, the 550 motor is pushing the upper limit, now that we have the VTX8 its a better option. Yes, because its more stable, those who are inclined could even look at boosting the 2 pole motors. We have several drivers who do that now as well.

We have always been about options - as you can see, we continue that. Our 4 pole motors are in final development, once I have a clear idea on release -- trust me -- everyone will know.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

guys im getting the vtx10R and vst 8.5 combo that I'm putting in my b44.2 and was just wondering if anybody had any gearing recommendations?
Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Good day of racing yesterday for me with my Caster Rapture SCT running a VTX8 and 4.5 2 pole motor. Qual'ed 2nd but had to leave before the mains....
Rick Jenkins

http://kriostasis.com/
http://www.viper-rc.com/
www.casterracingparts.com
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OMG23RC
guys im getting the vtx10R and vst 8.5 combo that I'm putting in my b44.2 and was just wondering if anybody had any gearing recommendations?
Thanks
81/21-22, probably a good starting point, depending on track size. Always check your temps the first couple of minutes to be safe.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bring it on
Good day of racing yesterday for me with my Caster Rapture SCT running a VTX8 and 4.5 2 pole motor. Qual'ed 2nd but had to leave before the mains....
Rick Jenkins

http://kriostasis.com/
http://www.viper-rc.com/
www.casterracingparts.com
Thats pretty impressive considering the weight and size of the Raptures and you're running it on the 4.5!
Good job!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.