Like Tree4Likes

Viper RC -

Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I notice on Mode 3 it says race blinking vs race open. Can it be changed? and I assume race open just gives access to timing changes. Is that the only difference? And can it be reset to 100 punch without creating a custom profile?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can do either one. Preferably I would probably do mod becuase it seems like a lot easier to master the setup.
Originally Posted by DoogieLee
You're going to find that Viper VST motors have more torque, so they have to be geared around 2-3 teeth higher than everyone elses motors to get the equivalent top end. Or just gear up 1 or 2 teeth and have that bottom end to get you over a short run-up double.

Are you running a mod class? or is it limited to a 13.5?
If its mod, go for a 10.5 or an 8.5 and use the VTX10 esc.
If you have to keep it 13.5, still use the VTX10 and play around with the gearing to get it how you like.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

The Viper VTX8 w/ the Viper 4.5 is sweet. 55 degree day. ESC came off at 72 and the motor at 112. Noe I know I can push it harder. Got 6th among pro4's in 4WD SC in the Amain.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by austinspeer810
I race a 10 scale stadium truck with a 13.5t sensored brushless motor with 2S lipo batteries. I cannot clear the triple and I have a STRONG feeling it is my motors performance. Everyone else seems to clear it besides me. I asked the owner of the track if gearing would be an issue and he said that I could gear it for more speed but he said a new motor would be ideal since the stock gearing is pretty much good for all circumstances unless I want to get REALLY competitive. So I guess my question is what would be a great viper motor and esc combo for my truck? I want speed so I can launch off the triple. Thanks.
just boost the 13.5 and win, lol. I cant see your track or your race. If you have any tire spin, it will make long jumping hard. Jumping is not just putting a blown motor in and yanking the trigger. The easyish thing to do is just boost your motor. but if everyone is doing it, I suspect your line and throttle control are the issue. You have post a lot this past week or so and your post lead me to believe your a very new racer. You driving is more likely your issues. My 2 cents.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganoid
Ok guys I'm not usually one to drag Crap out onto the internet but this is getting stupid. Phone calls have been pretty useless, Product was shipped 3/19 and delivery attempts where made 3/21-3/22-3/25-3/26-3/27???

Im to new to post a URL but this is the fedex tracking number if you would like to verify 795769863020

On the 3/29 I finally recieved this....
Dear Loyal Customer,

We are happy to inform you we finally received your RMA, we are sending you a new unit under warranty. Please do not use FedEX because they have been unreliable the past few months to our warratny service location. Please us UPS or US post office to send you products for warranty next time. Please allow 7-10 business days for the shipping department to process. You will be notified with tracking number via email. Please be patients as we have high RMA volume. Thank you for choosing Viper-RC and please spread the news. We strive to have the best customer service in the industry, please let us know how we can help you

Results- Tech Note- The ESC starts up normal but there is no power delivery to the motor. The BEC is damaged and it has failed. We have replaced the unit with a brand new ESC under Viper Warranty Service. Thanks for supporting us!!!

1) "Please do not use FedEX because they have been unreliable the past few months to our warratny service location"...OK I may have been out of the rc world for 20+ years but I'm pretty sure fedex would be one of the 2 best shippers on the planet.... If not THE BEST

2) "The BEC is damaged and it has failed"...... As far as the BEC failure goes I remember the RC world before we even had BEC (Battery eliminator circuitry). We used little AA 4 packs in our frogs and scorpions. We didn't have electronic speed controls. BEC allowed us to eliminate the little packs and feed the receiver and servo's (yes we had 2) from the main pack. If as you say the BEC has failed can you explain how the steering servo worked fine and the telemetry on my MT4 still showed the correct receiver voltage? A canned "bla bla bla failed" is fine for most I guess and would have been fine with me had this all been taken care of in a reasonable amount of time but now that I'm good and irritated I would like to know how you arrived at that conclusion as everything that runs from the BEC circuit still worked fine.

3)"we are sending you a new unit under warranty"..... Wow that would be super cool as mine was used for a whopping 10 min!

4)"Please be patients as we have high RMA volume"... WHOA! this would have been good to know before hand! So a high RMA volume and I'm the only guy using the unreliable fedex to ship?

In summary.
3/5 Ordered viper vtx10r BE combo with 6.5t motor.
3/8 received the ESC combo.
3/10 installed esc but no time to run that weekend.
3/16 went to track to try out new ESC and get some tuning in. Worked great for about 10 min then dead.
3/18 Submitted RMA with a video for clarity on the issue.
3/19 shipped product back to correct address listed on rma form via Fedex insured.

4/7 still waiting on a tracking number or even a confirmation that something has been shipped??

Do I seem unreasonable when I say this is getting stupid? A friend of mine who is a sponsored driver from Viper RC says 4-5 day after dropping it off for shipment he has another in hand. I live in Oregon as does he, Viper RC is in Redmond, WA the warranty dept is in California. Shipping should be quick from either location. I don't like being a dick and making a stink on a public forum but this should have been resolved already. Maybe it will get a little attention now.... Thanks Sean
You could have bought a Tekin! #justsayin
Old 04-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok guys I'm not usually one to drag Crap out onto the internet but this is getting stupid. Phone calls have been pretty useless, Product was shipped 3/19 and delivery attempts where made 3/21-3/22-3/25-3/26-3/27???

Im to new to post a URL but this is the fedex tracking number if you would like to verify 795769863020

On the 3/29 I finally recieved this....
Dear Loyal Customer,

We are happy to inform you we finally received your RMA, we are sending you a new unit under warranty. Please do not use FedEX because they have been unreliable the past few months to our warratny service location. Please us UPS or US post office to send you products for warranty next time. Please allow 7-10 business days for the shipping department to process. You will be notified with tracking number via email. Please be patients as we have high RMA volume. Thank you for choosing Viper-RC and please spread the news. We strive to have the best customer service in the industry, please let us know how we can help you

Results- Tech Note- The ESC starts up normal but there is no power delivery to the motor. The BEC is damaged and it has failed. We have replaced the unit with a brand new ESC under Viper Warranty Service. Thanks for supporting us!!!

1) "Please do not use FedEX because they have been unreliable the past few months to our warratny service location"...OK I may have been out of the rc world for 20+ years but I'm pretty sure fedex would be one of the 2 best shippers on the planet.... If not THE BEST

2) "The BEC is damaged and it has failed"...... As far as the BEC failure goes I remember the RC world before we even had BEC (Battery eliminator circuitry). We used little AA 4 packs in our frogs and scorpions. We didn't have electronic speed controls. BEC allowed us to eliminate the little packs and feed the receiver and servo's (yes we had 2) from the main pack. If as you say the BEC has failed can you explain how the steering servo worked fine and the telemetry on my MT4 still showed the correct receiver voltage? A canned "bla bla bla failed" is fine for most I guess and would have been fine with me had this all been taken care of in a reasonable amount of time but now that I'm good and irritated I would like to know how you arrived at that conclusion as everything that runs from the BEC circuit still worked fine.

3)"we are sending you a new unit under warranty"..... Wow that would be super cool as mine was used for a whopping 10 min!

4)"Please be patients as we have high RMA volume"... WHOA! this would have been good to know before hand! So a high RMA volume and I'm the only guy using the unreliable fedex to ship?

In summary.
3/5 Ordered viper vtx10r BE combo with 6.5t motor.
3/8 received the ESC combo.
3/10 installed esc but no time to run that weekend.
3/16 went to track to try out new ESC and get some tuning in. Worked great for about 10 min then dead.
3/18 Submitted RMA with a video for clarity on the issue.
3/19 shipped product back to correct address listed on rma form via Fedex insured.

4/7 still waiting on a tracking number or even a confirmation that something has been shipped??

Do I seem unreasonable when I say this is getting stupid? A friend of mine who is a sponsored driver from Viper RC says 4-5 day after dropping it off for shipment he has another in hand. I live in Oregon as does he, Viper RC is in Redmond, WA the warranty dept is in California. Shipping should be quick from either location. I don't like being a dick and making a stink on a public forum but this should have been resolved already. Maybe it will get a little attention now.... Thanks Sean
so your blaming viper because fed ex had an issue?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
just boost the 13.5 and win, lol. I cant see your track or your race. If you have any tire spin, it will make long jumping hard. Jumping is not just putting a blown motor in and yanking the trigger. The easyish thing to do is just boost your motor. but if everyone is doing it, I suspect your line and throttle control are the issue. You have post a lot this past week or so and your post lead me to believe your a very new racer. You driving is more likely your issues. My 2 cents.
Maybe it's tires..... setup, driving, motor being weak, esc settings not as efficient as they can be...... list is very long.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Strange issue

I have had a very strange issue with my viper vtx10be last night,i have it paired up with a tekin gen 2 8.5. Basically what happens is every 4 minutes it just cuts off the power to the motor and i have to turn it on again and it works fine for a few more minutes,both are running cool,esc 100 ish,and the motor maybe 110.Some people said tekin and viper don't like cooperating with each other due to the heat sensors but not sure if that's true. I put in my buddies 7.5 viper and before the 2nd qaulifier started my rear arm decided to crack clean in half so i didnt get to see if the motor swap fixed my issue,anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
so your blaming viper because fed ex had an issue?
Well a fedex issue would be losing it.... Did you even check the tracking number I listed before responding?... didn't think so.

-

3/27/2013 - Wednesday
1:25 pm
At local FedEx facility

Tendered at FedEx Office
4:50 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
4:40 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/26/2013 - Tuesday
7:37 pm
Delivery option requested

Hold at FedEx location request received - Check back later for shipment status
4:55 pm
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA

Scheduled for delivery next business day
4:50 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

Redirecting to FedEx Office
5:33 am
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

Awaiting additional delivery information from recipient
3:01 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/25/2013 - Monday
5:36 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

Customer not available or business closed
7:19 am

ANAHEIM, CA
2:54 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/22/2013 - Friday
4:03 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

3:34 am

ANAHEIM, CA
3:00 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/21/2013 - Thursday
4:08 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

6:11 am

...... This isn't a fedex issue.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by js058515
You could have bought a Tekin! #justsayin
I was thinking LRP Flow but there where none to be found at that time. Had I known it was going to be a month before I could actually use it I would have just waited... there are plenty of LRP FLow available now.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kman16jr
I have had a very strange issue with my viper vtx10be last night,i have it paired up with a tekin gen 2 8.5. Basically what happens is every 4 minutes it just cuts off the power to the motor and i have to turn it on again and it works fine for a few more minutes,both are running cool,esc 100 ish,and the motor maybe 110.Some people said tekin and viper don't like cooperating with each other due to the heat sensors but not sure if that's true. I put in my buddies 7.5 viper and before the 2nd qaulifier started my rear arm decided to crack clean in half so i didnt get to see if the motor swap fixed my issue,anyone else have this problem?
I just ordered a tekin gen2. So I hope this is not the case.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Looked like a problem with FedEx to me. My experience with Viper's customer service has been nothing but stellar.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:57 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Where is your motor temp cut-off set? Tekin and Viper will play just fine. You just need to find the external/internal motor relationship that works.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ganoid, I see you are new here. Take your issue to PM with one of the Viper guys. They are actually on this thread on a regular basis (another example of their pretty good customer service).
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Well a fedex issue would be losing it.... Did you even check the tracking number I listed before responding?... didn't think so.

-

3/27/2013 - Wednesday
1:25 pm
At local FedEx facility

Tendered at FedEx Office
4:50 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
4:40 am

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/26/2013 - Tuesday
7:37 pm
Delivery option requested

Hold at FedEx location request received - Check back later for shipment status
4:55 pm
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA

Scheduled for delivery next business day
4:50 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

Redirecting to FedEx Office
5:33 am
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

Awaiting additional delivery information from recipient
3:01 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/25/2013 - Monday
5:36 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

7:19 am

ANAHEIM, CA
2:54 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/22/2013 - Friday
4:03 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

3:34 am

ANAHEIM, CA
3:00 am
At local FedEx facility

ANAHEIM, CA
-

3/21/2013 - Thursday
4:08 pm
Delivery exception

ANAHEIM, CA

6:11 am

...... This isn't a fedex issue.
Still looks like a fed ex issue. They tested your esc, said the bec was bad and said they would ship you a new one. What exactly is the issue? I have no idea what their stock is like, but tekin is way behind on rx8 fix/replace because of the back log from China everyone is dealing with. But Viper is honoring their warranty in a timely manner. What are you upset about? Because fedex had issues delivering? I once had a fedex package get stuck in NY city for 9 days. Then it finally left and came to me. Should i yell at the shipper? Was it their fault? You nor I know exactly what the issues was with your package. Do you think Viper saw your name on the package and just kept rejecting it because they thought it was funny? I see no where in you post that says viper did anything wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.