Like Tree4Likes

Viper RC -

Old 01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
well, what though? there are a wide range of models there. I mean are we talking $125, $150, or $200?
well lets go off a main website.

Tekin rs 169.99
Vtrax 10 should be Around that price..+/-

Tekin Rs pro 219.99
Vtrax 10r Should be around that Price.. +/-
Old 01-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Cannot wait to get my hands on myne!!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
well lets go off a main website.

Tekin rs 169.99
Vtrax 10 should be Around that price..+/-

Tekin Rs pro 219.99
Vtrax 10r Should be around that Price.. +/-
well, hopefully a little more on the minus side, then with some premiere hobbies pricing and coupons...hm could be a deal. I love a deal.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

They are fast... I love mine!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well, hopefully a little more on the minus side, then with some premiere hobbies pricing and coupons...hm could be a deal. I love a deal.
Well, they do have MAP pricing. BUT-we do have great coupons!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

can anyone comment on the programability of the vtrax 10 and 10r? are they similar to tekins hotwire in terms of what you can adjust with the programmer at the track or more along the lines of what castles field card is like. either way i'll pick one up. can't wait for the ups man to drop off my new viper 10.5 in the am
Old 01-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hlb14
can anyone comment on the programability of the vtrax 10 and 10r? are they similar to tekins hotwire in terms of what you can adjust with the programmer at the track or more along the lines of what castles field card is like. either way i'll pick one up. can't wait for the ups man to drop off my new viper 10.5 in the am
its a mix of both..

its more like a digital version, with Tekin programing turbo/boost things like that.

although we are working on it! getting it better everyday.

Weylin should be back online after this weekend.. him and the team are at the snowbirds!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

i cant comment on that..

I am sure we will keep competitive pricing!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
I am sure Weylin will answer this fully..

but i am sure the Warranty Counts for Every system sold!

about trade ins.. i am sure we would work something out for out of warranty product.
like a trade in and half off a new motor or something..
just so long as the motor was not truly miss treated and was a race incident that caused its failure
uhhm, I'd rather enjoy a trade-in even if I own a still fully functional product, that's not unusual either
Old 01-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

:
To make a long story short here is the competition after I switched to Viper Motors......Man I can't believe who much faster these things are than other motor...Hurry up ESC I can't wait......."your truck was flyin" there going to hate me when the ESC arrive.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlb14
First off-I loved the Tekin interface. Very easy to use for a visual person such as me

Then came the Pro Gauge. First thoughts-great, another cheesy link card thingy

Boy was I wrong. This thing, without going in depth, clearly explais what you are doing. You can adjust sooo much more with the pro Gauge than the tekin
Words really can't explain other than Viper knocked it out of the park with this one. Its just so easy to understand WHAT you are doing. The Tekin, if you had been a user for a while, was easy to understand. The Pro Gauge can he picked up by anyone and you can be confident in what you are doing

Oh yeah, the motors and ESC aren't too shabby either
Old 01-30-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i will say that i had a chance to test a VST 17.5 yesterday,, i ran it unboosted in mod buggy and ran laps within 2 tenths of the leader,, cant wait to try it with the proper gearing
Old 01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I know most of the team is at the Snowbirds, but I will try to answer some of the questions about the programming. First off the Pro Gauge is one of the sweetest items to be released from Viper R/C. Just this last weekend, I upgraded to the latest version of software, and did all of my programming in about 5 minutes.

The Pro Gauge makes everything simple because it explains it all to you right there. If you want more brake, go to brake and increase it. I think the greatest thing about the Pro Gauge is the ability to store 10 different profiles. So if you are doing testing (like a lot of us are right now) you can make small changes and save those to a new profile. If you don't like the changes, guess what? You don't have to boot up the computer, just plug the Pro Gauge back in and go back to the previous profile, or change something different and your off an going again.

For guys that race on different tracks and different racing conditions, as long as you set the profile for that track or condition, you don't have to worry about remembering what you ran you just have to remember what "profile" you ran! Load that profile and you're ready to go.

And like stated earlier, the motors are running easily 10-20 degrees cooler than other motors that I have run before and are running really efficiently. Checking batteries after a run and I am putting back about 200-500 less milliamps on the pack when running the same amount of time as with previous setups. Which means that the batteries will also benefit from running the Vtrax10 and Viper Motors.

JT
AMainHobbies.com
Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hopefully the speed controls will be out in time for the tlr 22, i've gor a tekin rs sitting doing nothing but would love to through in a vtrax 10r and a 13.5 viper motor, got to try a 10.5 this past weekend and it was very nice
Old 01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've been testing the VTrax10R paired with 550's the past couple of weeks. This speedo DOES make a difference. My main concern was BEC issues with 2S and power hungry motors. Not with the Viper, no glitching, no cog... nothing but smooth. It was very, very fast... Temps in the 4wd Losi SCTe with the Tekin 5.5 was around 130 on the ESC and 140 on the motor. Geared 43T / 14T.

There are so many setting on the pro gauge, quite a few more than Tekin or Castle. I have not had a chance to mess with them all, I found a good setup and ran with it. I also tested the ESC with the Tekin 550's and thought it was faster than with my RX8 and same gearing.

More input to come! Hang tight guys, it will be worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.