R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #106
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to throw up another body I painted with a Viper Logo!
__________________
Steve Downs

Team Kyosho, AKA Tires, COWRC, BOOMrc, Triton RC Engines, FTM Grip, Boca Bearings
steve downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic
 
ekim628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to inform you guys that these motors have a built in temp sensor. I hooked it up to Novaks ESC program and it was recording the peak temperatures of all my test runs. I always wondered how the program tests the peak temperature of the motor. Other motors that i have tried never recorded temp like the Viper motors You can just tell the quality and details they put into making this motor.

Eric
__________________
Eric K.

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #108
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Yessir.....I will be switching EVERYTHING over to VIPER products soon
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #109
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim628 View Post
Just wanted to inform you guys that these motors have a built in temp sensor. I hooked it up to Novaks ESC program and it was recording the peak temperatures of all my test runs. I always wondered how the program tests the peak temperature of the motor. Other motors that i have tried never recorded temp like the Viper motors You can just tell the quality and details they put into making this motor.

Eric
Yessir The Vtrax esc's will monitor internal temperature in the motor and esc for safety protection.

Sending you an email now Eric.
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #110
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Yessir.....I will be switching EVERYTHING over to VIPER products soon
Right on!! Let me know when you need help with anything - 425.985.0655.
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #111
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

How's the 1s speedo coming along Weylin?
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #112
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
How's the 1s speedo coming along Weylin?
Very well! We should have the first prototypes here very soon
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #113
Tech Adept
 
uberjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post
Very well! We should have the first prototypes here very soon
Weylin,

Any plans to let those of us from here and your Facebook site have the first crack at your production units? I'd like to be one of the first to rock the new ESC.

Jeff
__________________
Associated B6D
Durango DEX410
uberjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #114
Tech Fanatic
 
jjfo80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: queensland australia
Posts: 759
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey Weylin mate....
Just letting you know the engine is sweet as in the package I got it out to have a feel and put it back as I dont want to get it dirty and use it ha ha
Great sevice guys. All the way to australia.
Cant wait to get the esc either... As soon as they are on sale one is mine.
Cheers guys
Fordy
__________________
Owner of Precise Fuels and RC and Podified Fuels
jjfo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #115
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Hey guys,

I just received my 10T VST motor. Will be running it in a touring car with boost esc(Speed Passion). Any recommendations for gearing?

Also, there is some play within the rotor. Should I open and shim the rotor or run as is?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #116
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I hope everyone has had a great holiday season! It's not over yet, we still have new years . But lets get back to things..

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjeff View Post
Weylin,

Any plans to let those of us from here and your Facebook site have the first crack at your production units? I'd like to be one of the first to rock the new ESC.

Jeff
I wish Jeff, but we're receiving so few prototypes every time we get them that all the prototypes have to go to our team guys for testing. Most of the team still hasn't been able to get them yet (that will change soon ).


Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfo80 View Post
Hey Weylin mate....
Just letting you know the engine is sweet as in the package I got it out to have a feel and put it back as I dont want to get it dirty and use it ha ha
Great sevice guys. All the way to australia.
Cant wait to get the esc either... As soon as they are on sale one is mine.
Cheers guys
Fordy
Thanks Fordy!! Let me know if I can do anything else for you. Besides keeping you updated on the esc's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29TC View Post
Hey guys,

I just received my 10T VST motor. Will be running it in a touring car with boost esc(Speed Passion). Any recommendations for gearing?

Also, there is some play within the rotor. Should I open and shim the rotor or run as is?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.
Thanks for trying your first Viper motor! Our motors are very smooth with lots of torque so they like to be geared a little taller than equivalent winds from most other companies. If you were running a different boosted 10.5 before I would start by leaving all the settings the same and gearing up one tooth. Motor temp should be in the 140-160* range. Between the varied levels of boost, timing, gearing, and track layout/size I cant really suggest an exact FDR to start at. I would expect somewhere between 6.5 and 6.0 FDR, maybe taller? There are many factors to consider.

Don't worry about the rotor play. We put a tiny spring on the top of the rotor output shaft to manage the play. It will not be an issue. Thanks
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #117
Tech Regular
 
vypr2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I ran my 13.5 vst lastweek and I have to say I am very impressed!!
Nice and smooth feeling and has a ton of torque!!!! I had a novak 13.5 in my cat and had trouble hitting our triple. With the viper geared the same and the esc settings the same, no problem!!
I cannot wait until the esc's are available.
vypr2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:45 AM   #118
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post

Thanks for trying your first Viper motor! Our motors are very smooth with lots of torque so they like to be geared a little taller than equivalent winds from most other companies. If you were running a different boosted 10.5 before I would start by leaving all the settings the same and gearing up one tooth. Motor temp should be in the 140-160* range. Between the varied levels of boost, timing, gearing, and track layout/size I cant really suggest an exact FDR to start at. I would expect somewhere between 6.5 and 6.0 FDR, maybe taller? There are many factors to consider.

Don't worry about the rotor play. We put a tiny spring on the top of the rotor output shaft to manage the play. It will not be an issue. Thanks

Thanks for the advise. I'll give it a go this weekend.
Cheers.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #119
Tech Elite
 
MAD916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Center Seca
Posts: 3,117
Default

Want to thank Weylin, and Peter from Viper for the motor, we will be putting it through the paces this month at TZII home of the this years Carpet Nats. We are getting setup as dealers and should have a case full of their stuff as the Nat's get closer. Also looking forward to running thier stuff at the Birds this year also.. great product great support.

Thanks Guys

TZR
__________________
Timezone Raceway Park " on-road outdoor european style road course.
Timezone II 60'x100' indoor carpet track. Host of the ROAR 2011 Carpet Nat's.
Timezonehobbies.com your new source for online RC products.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #120
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

For all of you Twitter enthusiasts, I've now learned how to use our Twitter page and it will be getting regular updates now! Follow us here http://twitter.com/#!/VIPERRCS

And for those of you who still haven't found us on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Viper-...11397188882353

Who's excited for the Snowbirds?!
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viper RC - mini-dub Radio and Electronics 12069 12-04-2017 10:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:18 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net