Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just wanted to throw up another body I painted with a Viper Logo!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wanted to inform you guys that these motors have a built in temp sensor. I hooked it up to Novaks ESC program and it was recording the peak temperatures of all my test runs. I always wondered how the program tests the peak temperature of the motor. Other motors that i have tried never recorded temp like the Viper motors You can just tell the quality and details they put into making this motor.

Eric
Old 12-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Yessir.....I will be switching EVERYTHING over to VIPER products soon
Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ekim628
Just wanted to inform you guys that these motors have a built in temp sensor. I hooked it up to Novaks ESC program and it was recording the peak temperatures of all my test runs. I always wondered how the program tests the peak temperature of the motor. Other motors that i have tried never recorded temp like the Viper motors You can just tell the quality and details they put into making this motor.

Eric
Yessir The Vtrax esc's will monitor internal temperature in the motor and esc for safety protection.

Sending you an email now Eric.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee
Yessir.....I will be switching EVERYTHING over to VIPER products soon
Right on!! Let me know when you need help with anything - 425.985.0655.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

How's the 1s speedo coming along Weylin?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee
How's the 1s speedo coming along Weylin?
Very well! We should have the first prototypes here very soon
Old 12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Very well! We should have the first prototypes here very soon
Weylin,

Any plans to let those of us from here and your Facebook site have the first crack at your production units? I'd like to be one of the first to rock the new ESC.

Jeff
Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Weylin mate....
Just letting you know the engine is sweet as in the package I got it out to have a feel and put it back as I dont want to get it dirty and use it ha ha
Great sevice guys. All the way to australia.
Cant wait to get the esc either... As soon as they are on sale one is mine.
Cheers guys
Fordy
Old 12-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I just received my 10T VST motor. Will be running it in a touring car with boost esc(Speed Passion). Any recommendations for gearing?

Also, there is some play within the rotor. Should I open and shim the rotor or run as is?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

I hope everyone has had a great holiday season! It's not over yet, we still have new years . But lets get back to things..

Originally Posted by uberjeff
Weylin,

Any plans to let those of us from here and your Facebook site have the first crack at your production units? I'd like to be one of the first to rock the new ESC.

Jeff
I wish Jeff, but we're receiving so few prototypes every time we get them that all the prototypes have to go to our team guys for testing. Most of the team still hasn't been able to get them yet (that will change soon ).

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Hey Weylin mate....
Just letting you know the engine is sweet as in the package I got it out to have a feel and put it back as I dont want to get it dirty and use it ha ha
Great sevice guys. All the way to australia.
Cant wait to get the esc either... As soon as they are on sale one is mine.
Cheers guys
Fordy
Thanks Fordy!! Let me know if I can do anything else for you. Besides keeping you updated on the esc's

Originally Posted by 29TC
Hey guys,

I just received my 10T VST motor. Will be running it in a touring car with boost esc(Speed Passion). Any recommendations for gearing?

Also, there is some play within the rotor. Should I open and shim the rotor or run as is?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.
Thanks for trying your first Viper motor! Our motors are very smooth with lots of torque so they like to be geared a little taller than equivalent winds from most other companies. If you were running a different boosted 10.5 before I would start by leaving all the settings the same and gearing up one tooth. Motor temp should be in the 140-160* range. Between the varied levels of boost, timing, gearing, and track layout/size I cant really suggest an exact FDR to start at. I would expect somewhere between 6.5 and 6.0 FDR, maybe taller? There are many factors to consider.

Don't worry about the rotor play. We put a tiny spring on the top of the rotor output shaft to manage the play. It will not be an issue. Thanks
Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I ran my 13.5 vst lastweek and I have to say I am very impressed!!
Nice and smooth feeling and has a ton of torque!!!! I had a novak 13.5 in my cat and had trouble hitting our triple. With the viper geared the same and the esc settings the same, no problem!!
I cannot wait until the esc's are available.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub

Thanks for trying your first Viper motor! Our motors are very smooth with lots of torque so they like to be geared a little taller than equivalent winds from most other companies. If you were running a different boosted 10.5 before I would start by leaving all the settings the same and gearing up one tooth. Motor temp should be in the 140-160* range. Between the varied levels of boost, timing, gearing, and track layout/size I cant really suggest an exact FDR to start at. I would expect somewhere between 6.5 and 6.0 FDR, maybe taller? There are many factors to consider.

Don't worry about the rotor play. We put a tiny spring on the top of the rotor output shaft to manage the play. It will not be an issue. Thanks

Thanks for the advise. I'll give it a go this weekend.
Cheers.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Want to thank Weylin, and Peter from Viper for the motor, we will be putting it through the paces this month at TZII home of the this years Carpet Nats. We are getting setup as dealers and should have a case full of their stuff as the Nat's get closer. Also looking forward to running thier stuff at the Birds this year also.. great product great support.

Thanks Guys

TZR
Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

For all of you Twitter enthusiasts, I've now learned how to use our Twitter page and it will be getting regular updates now! Follow us here http://twitter.com/#!/VIPERRCS

And for those of you who still haven't found us on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Viper-...11397188882353

Who's excited for the Snowbirds?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.