R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #1126
Tech Elite
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002
Default

It's been a busy couple of days at IIC.

josh put down an amazing run to TQ the 10.5 World GT class. He built a radical new 1/12 car set up to try in the last qualifier - it has amazing steering, maybe a bit too much. And unfortunately it was a rocket round so he dropped to 5th in 1/12 mod. And he is currently 10th in Mod TC

Mark qualified 3rd in 17.5 1/12. Pretty awesome since he was knocked out of the A Main during the rocket round and had to fight his way back in.

It's been an awesome week. Looking forward to some great heads up racing today.
__________________
Nick Malato
Spektrum Surface Product Manager
** www.spektrumrc.com - www.horizonhobby.com ***
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #1127
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 220
Default

good to hear the viper products are doing well!!
Good luck to everyone in the finals
__________________
http://rcgtpancars.blogspot.com/
chris_blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #1128
Tech Elite
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002
Thumbs up

WOW what a great week at IIC. We had a great showing, learned a lot, had a good time as well.

Huge thanks and congratulation to Josh. It was great working with him. The way he just checked out in WGT was awesome. Only working with us for 1 month, it's been great. Can't wait to see what's next.

Smyka had an awesome run in 17.5 1/12- we had as off of the lead there. Close all week, right on pace, his cut though the sweeper so well

Great meeting the customers there using our stuff, we learned a lot and will try to post set ups once we get home and get a little rest.

The futureis getting brighter al the time..........
__________________
Nick Malato
Spektrum Surface Product Manager
** www.spektrumrc.com - www.horizonhobby.com ***
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #1129
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

I have some coggin Problem with Vtx10r / VST 4.5T, this problem is at full throttle, motor cut cut, release and I give it slowly no problem...
I had problems with dispensing, I touched a little bit all the parameters, but haven't found a solution...
the problem may be that I'm using a Sanwa M11 40Mhz?
I Haven't Problem with 13.5 VST

below setting used for 4.5
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wrc 4.5.pdf (240.3 KB, 88 views)
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01

Last edited by Luppi Stefano; 10-07-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1130
Tech Elite
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002
Default

Ciao Luppi,

To confirm you are running in blinky mode (no boost) with the 4.5? what is the timing on the can set at?

I would like Punch down slightly, but you already have it low. Josh was running a much more aggressive profile with a 3.5 and 4.5 boosted this weekend at IIC with no cogging issues. Also is it a consistent cog or just at low speed?
__________________
Nick Malato
Spektrum Surface Product Manager
** www.spektrumrc.com - www.horizonhobby.com ***
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #1131
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Ciao Luppi,

To confirm you are running in blinky mode (no boost) with the 4.5? what is the timing on the can set at?

I would like Punch down slightly, but you already have it low. Josh was running a much more aggressive profile with a 3.5 and 4.5 boosted this weekend at IIC with no cogging issues. Also is it a consistent cog or just at low speed?
I do not remember having used in blinky mode, only open setting, but 0 max timing in acceleration and top speed
I try 15 and 30 on motor
almost undriveable with littl coggin on mixed, unpredictable and consistent coggin on the straght, with interference on steering servo...
I try blinky mode maybe?
change radio?
thanks
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01

Last edited by Luppi Stefano; 10-09-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #1132
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Hey Nick, Great to meet you at the IIC and thanks again for all your help! I learned quite a bit about the ESC last week

Perhaps Luppi has the same issue I had where it acted like the sensors were not working. One of my solder joints on the motor or ESC wasn't good and the effect looked just like a bad sensor. Try re-soldering your motor wires.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #1133
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Hey Nick, Great to meet you at the IIC and thanks again for all your help! I learned quite a bit about the ESC last week

Perhaps Luppi has the same issue I had where it acted like the sensors were not working. One of my solder joints on the motor or ESC wasn't good and the effect looked just like a bad sensor. Try re-soldering your motor wires.
hi!
I think I can exclude the solder cables, because it was rebuilt two times.
but thank you for the help!
certainly try again to solder everything perfectly
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #1134
Tech Fanatic
 
ekim628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
hi!
I think I can exclude the solder cables, because it was rebuilt two times.
but thank you for the help!
certainly try again to solder everything perfectly
Hi Luppi,

Try checking the receiver power, sometimes the receiver cannot handle large amounts of power dumping into the ESC. If the receiver is browning out and causing voltage cut-off it can lead to cogging feel. Also check the sensor cable and sensor pins, usually those can go bad even if they are new. If your using boost i would highly recommend not using it with a 4.5 motor, too agressive and it can hurt more than help. Try using race blinky and use the gearing and endbell timing to up the speed. Let me know if this works out for you

Eric Kim
__________________
Eric K.

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #1135
Tech Fanatic
 
ekim628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
I have some coggin Problem with Vtx10r / VST 4.5T, this problem is at full throttle, motor cut cut, release and I give it slowly no problem...
I had problems with dispensing, I touched a little bit all the parameters, but haven't found a solution...
the problem may be that I'm using a Sanwa M11 40Mhz?
I Haven't Problem with 13.5 VST

below setting used for 4.5
One more thing you can try, go into the proguage and set the voltage cut-off to the lowest setting.

Eric Kim
__________________
Eric K.

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #1136
wkl
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano View Post
I do not remember having used in blinky mode, only open setting, but 0 max timing in acceleration and top speed
I try 15 and 30 on motor
almost undriveable with littl coggin on mixed, unpredictable and consistent coggin on the straght, with interference on steering servo...
I try blinky mode maybe?
change radio?
thanks
What is your slew rate for top speed?
wkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #1137
Tech Master
 
Swampracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Squamish
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Default Settings

Will the IIC setting's from the Viper team drivers be posted on Viper's website soon?

Just trying to figure out a baseline for 17.5, 13.5, and 10.5

Thanks Greg G
Swampracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #1138
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,344
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkl View Post
What is your slew rate for top speed?
Slew rate doesn't matter if there's no turbo timing.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #1139
Tech Master
 
smyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Broad Brook,CT
Posts: 1,182
Send a message via AIM to smyka
Default

i know me and josh sent in what we were running so i would imagine they will be posted asap

mark
__________________
Trinity, Proline ,EA motorsports, T.O.P Racing ,Futaba ,Bsr Racing tires ,Advantage racing products,Hot Bodies racing,Tq Wire ,REDS Racing, Orca ,Protoform racing
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #1140
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

thanks all!
Thanks Eric!
I think it's the fault of old rx!
I bought a new radio, Sanwa MT-4, I think to resolve all the problems!
I will tell you soon if everything is ok!
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viper RC - mini-dub Radio and Electronics 12069 12-04-2017 10:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:20 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net