R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #946
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is there a spot on the vtx1 for a fan? like can i use the vtx10 fan on it? I have a vtx1 ordered but I can find a picture if i can hook up a fan as well. I want to use it in a 2 hr endurance race ..... might not hurt.
hellssephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #947
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

yes the cases are similar,
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #948
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Any good 10.5T Boost setup pairing with THunderpower Z3R motor?
VTX10 WIth A30 firmware.i cannot find better aceleration.
FDR around 6.3-6.6
sangyi41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #949
Tech Addict

Hey sangyi41, i would say something like:

Acc Boost
St. RPM: 6000 - 7000
F. RPM: 15K - 17K
Max. Timing: 40 - 50

Top End
Slew rate: 20
Max. timing: 26
Delay: .4

All this assuming you have the standard timing on endbell and 4k on Th. Frequency.

Hope this helps.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #950
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Just wanted to post up about the Viper 25.5 motor I am using in my club vta class. It's awesome! Lots of torque and even with stock timing it screams down the front straight. Any word on getting the motor ROAR certified?

Looking forward to moving some of my other motors and esc's to Viper in the future!
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #951
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If the viper 25.5 would get added to the list of VTA motors that would be awsome!!! I would be able to get back into VTA again.. as it sits our track only allows Novak Motor and Speed controls... so it has kinda closed the door to some of us that really enjoyed that class..
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #952
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will definitely look into getting it approved. We never had this come up in VTA. I will look into it this week and let you know what steps we will take. Thanks for the heads up

Eric Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
Just wanted to post up about the Viper 25.5 motor I am using in my club vta class. It's awesome! Lots of torque and even with stock timing it screams down the front straight. Any word on getting the motor ROAR certified?

Looking forward to moving some of my other motors and esc's to Viper in the future!

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #953
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

can someone please explain in detail how the boost works with A30?
i know it is based on trigger position, but if you hit full throttle ANYWHERE on the track, will the speedy automatically apply top speed timing even if the motor hasn't reached the finish rpm or spooled up fully?
Say if I've gone around the apex of the corner and on the exit, i accidentally dab the throttle all the way, will it do what i said above?

And on the A30 manual it says that you should not exceed 60 degrees acc. timing and top speed timing. So can you go up to 60 regardless of end bell timing? and i've been given a setup that goes well beyond 60 degrees for acc and top speed timing together, can this be done or is it over timing the motor?

thanks.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #954
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The trigger rpm is actually influenced both by the trigger position and the rpm of the motor. This gives it the smoothness and accuracy to perform any advanced timing or boost. Thats the beauty of sensored brushlesss motors.

As for the total timing, you must not exceed 60 on the esc but you can go beyond 60 with the physical endbell (not recommended and produce heat)

To be safe you should stay within 60 degrees total. Not many situations demand any higher than that.

Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
can someone please explain in detail how the boost works with A30?
i know it is based on trigger position, but if you hit full throttle ANYWHERE on the track, will the speedy automatically apply top speed timing even if the motor hasn't reached the finish rpm or spooled up fully?
Say if I've gone around the apex of the corner and on the exit, i accidentally dab the throttle all the way, will it do what i said above?

And on the A30 manual it says that you should not exceed 60 degrees acc. timing and top speed timing. So can you go up to 60 regardless of end bell timing? and i've been given a setup that goes well beyond 60 degrees for acc and top speed timing together, can this be done or is it over timing the motor?

thanks.

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #955
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I'm intrigued by the VTX10's motor over temperature protection feature. I'm running a motor with an onboard temperature sensor (i.e. Novak Ballistic). How can one tell when the ESC's motor temperature protection activates? In other words, if the ESC detects a motor-over-temp, what happens?
waswadener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waswadener View Post
I'm intrigued by the VTX10's motor over temperature protection feature. I'm running a motor with an onboard temperature sensor (i.e. Novak Ballistic). How can one tell when the ESC's motor temperature protection activates? In other words, if the ESC detects a motor-over-temp, what happens?
Smoke pours out of the motor !
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #957
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waswadener View Post
It will shut down the motor and some lights flash but atm i don't remember exactly wich will.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
It will shut down the motor and some lights flash but atm i don't remember exactly wich will.
OK and thank you. Portugal? Nice! Spent some days in Porto a number of years ago. Splendid city.
waswadener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #959
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

Hey guys for anyone running sedan or 1/12 with viper stuff i have some pretty good setups for open timming and blinky mode right now for a30 softwear i have other stuff to but it will have to wait till new softwear is out

mark smyka
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #960
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka View Post
Hey guys for anyone running sedan or 1/12 with viper stuff i have some pretty good setups for open timming and blinky mode right now for a30 softwear i have other stuff to but it will have to wait till new softwear is out

mark smyka
Interested in maybe a VTX1 for a 21.5 blinker 1/12th scale class we have. The last few pages of thread has had mixed sort of results. How are these currently running 1s? Receiver packs? I would like to run without. Also, if I buy the esc with prg box, can I update software, or do I need another cable to connect to PC?
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote