R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #946
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

is there a spot on the vtx1 for a fan? like can i use the vtx10 fan on it? I have a vtx1 ordered but I can find a picture if i can hook up a fan as well. I want to use it in a 2 hr endurance race ..... might not hurt.
hellssephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #947
Tech Elite
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 4,675
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002
Default

yes the cases are similar,
__________________
Nick Malato
Spektrum Surface Product Manager
** www.spektrumrc.com - www.horizonhobby.com ***
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #948
Tech Master
 
sangyi41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taiping
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Any good 10.5T Boost setup pairing with THunderpower Z3R motor?
VTX10 WIth A30 firmware.i cannot find better aceleration.
FDR around 6.3-6.6
__________________
Tough Racing Belt For MALAYSIA.TEAM POWER RC PRODUCT MALAYSIA Sale And Support.
FACEBOOK ONLINE RC STORE>>http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/227796347309837/
Call/Sms/Whatsaps +60175007932 Location(Taiping,Perak)
sangyi41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #949
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Hey sangyi41, i would say something like:

Acc Boost
St. RPM: 6000 - 7000
F. RPM: 15K - 17K
Max. Timing: 40 - 50

Top End
Slew rate: 20
Max. timing: 26
Delay: .4

All this assuming you have the standard timing on endbell and 4k on Th. Frequency.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #950
Tech Elite
 
mkiiina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 2,339
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to post up about the Viper 25.5 motor I am using in my club vta class. It's awesome! Lots of torque and even with stock timing it screams down the front straight. Any word on getting the motor ROAR certified?

Looking forward to moving some of my other motors and esc's to Viper in the future!
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #951
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Hood,TX
Posts: 1,196
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

If the viper 25.5 would get added to the list of VTA motors that would be awsome!!! I would be able to get back into VTA again.. as it sits our track only allows Novak Motor and Speed controls... so it has kinda closed the door to some of us that really enjoyed that class..
__________________
Team Radiopost-SMC Racing-R1wurks-Savox-AKA
XB2ce
BIGTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #952
Tech Fanatic
 
ekim628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I will definitely look into getting it approved. We never had this come up in VTA. I will look into it this week and let you know what steps we will take. Thanks for the heads up

Eric Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
Just wanted to post up about the Viper 25.5 motor I am using in my club vta class. It's awesome! Lots of torque and even with stock timing it screams down the front straight. Any word on getting the motor ROAR certified?

Looking forward to moving some of my other motors and esc's to Viper in the future!
__________________
Eric K.

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #953
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

can someone please explain in detail how the boost works with A30?
i know it is based on trigger position, but if you hit full throttle ANYWHERE on the track, will the speedy automatically apply top speed timing even if the motor hasn't reached the finish rpm or spooled up fully?
Say if I've gone around the apex of the corner and on the exit, i accidentally dab the throttle all the way, will it do what i said above?

And on the A30 manual it says that you should not exceed 60 degrees acc. timing and top speed timing. So can you go up to 60 regardless of end bell timing? and i've been given a setup that goes well beyond 60 degrees for acc and top speed timing together, can this be done or is it over timing the motor?

thanks.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #954
Tech Fanatic
 
ekim628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

The trigger rpm is actually influenced both by the trigger position and the rpm of the motor. This gives it the smoothness and accuracy to perform any advanced timing or boost. Thats the beauty of sensored brushlesss motors.

As for the total timing, you must not exceed 60 on the esc but you can go beyond 60 with the physical endbell (not recommended and produce heat)

To be safe you should stay within 60 degrees total. Not many situations demand any higher than that.

Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
can someone please explain in detail how the boost works with A30?
i know it is based on trigger position, but if you hit full throttle ANYWHERE on the track, will the speedy automatically apply top speed timing even if the motor hasn't reached the finish rpm or spooled up fully?
Say if I've gone around the apex of the corner and on the exit, i accidentally dab the throttle all the way, will it do what i said above?

And on the A30 manual it says that you should not exceed 60 degrees acc. timing and top speed timing. So can you go up to 60 regardless of end bell timing? and i've been given a setup that goes well beyond 60 degrees for acc and top speed timing together, can this be done or is it over timing the motor?

thanks.
__________________
Eric K.

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #955
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

I'm intrigued by the VTX10's motor over temperature protection feature. I'm running a motor with an onboard temperature sensor (i.e. Novak Ballistic). How can one tell when the ESC's motor temperature protection activates? In other words, if the ESC detects a motor-over-temp, what happens?
waswadener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #956
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waswadener View Post
I'm intrigued by the VTX10's motor over temperature protection feature. I'm running a motor with an onboard temperature sensor (i.e. Novak Ballistic). How can one tell when the ESC's motor temperature protection activates? In other words, if the ESC detects a motor-over-temp, what happens?
Smoke pours out of the motor !
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #957
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waswadener View Post
I'm intrigued by the VTX10's motor over temperature protection feature. I'm running a motor with an onboard temperature sensor (i.e. Novak Ballistic). How can one tell when the ESC's motor temperature protection activates? In other words, if the ESC detects a motor-over-temp, what happens?
It will shut down the motor and some lights flash but atm i don't remember exactly wich will.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #958
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
It will shut down the motor and some lights flash but atm i don't remember exactly wich will.
OK and thank you. Portugal? Nice! Spent some days in Porto a number of years ago. Splendid city.
waswadener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #959
Tech Master
 
smyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Broad Brook,CT
Posts: 1,182
Send a message via AIM to smyka
Default

Hey guys for anyone running sedan or 1/12 with viper stuff i have some pretty good setups for open timming and blinky mode right now for a30 softwear i have other stuff to but it will have to wait till new softwear is out

mark smyka
__________________
Trinity, Proline ,EA motorsports, T.O.P Racing ,Futaba ,Bsr Racing tires ,Advantage racing products,Hot Bodies racing,Tq Wire ,REDS Racing, Orca ,Protoform racing
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #960
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 640
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka View Post
Hey guys for anyone running sedan or 1/12 with viper stuff i have some pretty good setups for open timming and blinky mode right now for a30 softwear i have other stuff to but it will have to wait till new softwear is out

mark smyka
Interested in maybe a VTX1 for a 21.5 blinker 1/12th scale class we have. The last few pages of thread has had mixed sort of results. How are these currently running 1s? Receiver packs? I would like to run without. Also, if I buy the esc with prg box, can I update software, or do I need another cable to connect to PC?
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viper RC - mini-dub Radio and Electronics 12069 12-04-2017 10:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net