R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #931
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
How much output does the VTX1 Booster/BEC have? Adjustable voltage between 4.5-5.5 volts, but hw about the amp rating on it? If I put an external receiver pack on it, I bet the issues go away. Any thoughts on this Erik?
The vtx1 has up to 3 amps and 4.5-5.5 volts. Did you try two different VTX1? But one of then works in another car but not the problem 12th scale? I am trying to figure out all situations you already tried. Let me know

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #932
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran the car again tonight with the second ESC. I tried it with the booster pack. It ran great for about 30 laps. I took the booster pack out and it works good still. But now I have an issue where I can't actually trn it off, I have to unplug it. When I try and turn it off using the button it will flash between program mode and run mode.

That issue is weird but at least the thing runs. I made no other change to it other than the receiver pack. Sunday night, no matter what we did, it wouldn't work. Now, even without the pack, it works. Very frustrating but relieving as well.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #933
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
I ran the car again tonight with the second ESC. I tried it with the booster pack. It ran great for about 30 laps. I took the booster pack out and it works good still. But now I have an issue where I can't actually trn it off, I have to unplug it. When I try and turn it off using the button it will flash between program mode and run mode.

That issue is weird but at least the thing runs. I made no other change to it other than the receiver pack. Sunday night, no matter what we did, it wouldn't work. Now, even without the pack, it works. Very frustrating but relieving as well.
I had the same issue with a vtx10 and 17.5 viper motor. They were brand new went to program to my radio and it would do the same thing yours is doing. Not turning off and the motor would just surge but thats it. I have 3 other viper speedos and not a single problem. Tried the motor on other speedos and it would do the same thing. Sent them back to viper and they are telling me that everything is fine Not sure what the deal is
Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #934
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had the issue where my speedo wouldn't turn off. It was because my radio wasn't calibrated after I put on the new firmware on, and I had the neutral width set to zero, and for some reason the vtx needs to see neutral to turn off. With the new firmware, the calibration is different. Jeff Jenkins calibrated the radio for me, and I left neutral at the min non-zero setting. Since then I haven't had problems turning it off.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #935
Tech Addict

If you could do this, it's helpfull:

Radio Calibration
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #936
Tech Elite

I'm getting the readings that Willie and Erik wanted to see. This is just something that came up last night but it's not the neutral point alone. But it may all be caused by that alone. It started the flashing while I was trying to turn it off at neutral.

I've never had to adjust subtrims and EPA's on an ESC before. I hope this is something that gets corrected soon. When I calibrate my radio to the ESC, it already knows where the neutral, full throttle, and full brake is. Why do I need to go and tell it where it is again?

Please, don't get me wrong. I love these ESC's when they work. They have just proven difficult for me to get them to work. But when they do work, thy are FAST! And the customer service is THE BEST in the business. Once these little issues all get ironed out, they will be hard to beat.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #937
Tech Fanatic

I have read all your concerns and it seem to me there is a calibration bug in the firmware....I will work on this with our engineers to see what they say. I want to get this fixed asap. Can the guys with the problem tell me what radio you used and what you did to fix it. Thanks!!!!

Good to have abundant information so these things can be fixed the right way. Thank you guys!!!!

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #938
Tech Addict

RTR.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #939
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim628 View Post
I have read all your concerns and it seem to me there is a calibration bug in the firmware....I will work on this with our engineers to see what they say. I want to get this fixed asap. Can the guys with the problem tell me what radio you used and what you did to fix it. Thanks!!!!

Good to have abundant information so these things can be fixed the right way. Thank you guys!!!!
All I have to say is thank you to Erik and Willie. These guys are bending over backwards to make things right.

Best customer service in the business, hands down.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #940
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I am trying to run my viper vtx10 in my TC for the first time. I calibrated it to my DX3R pro and used pro gauge to select profile 6. When I tried to run I got a lot of motor cogging and no wheel spin, I gave it more throttle and got bad vibration so I tried it out of the car same problem so I tried another motor tekin 9.5 the first motor I tried was a tekin 10.5 anyway same thing happend.
everything was fine before I replaced the Tekin rs with the viper.
I really want to run this speedo mostly for the bec adjustability.
can anyone out there help? I am sure it is prbaly a dumb oversite on my part.
thanks.

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #941
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
I am trying to run my viper vtx10 in my TC for the first time. I calibrated it to my DX3R pro and used pro gauge to select profile 6. When I tried to run I got a lot of motor cogging and no wheel spin, I gave it more throttle and got bad vibration so I tried it out of the car same problem so I tried another motor tekin 9.5 the first motor I tried was a tekin 10.5 anyway same thing happend.
everything was fine before I replaced the Tekin rs with the viper.
I really want to run this speedo mostly for the bec adjustability.
can anyone out there help? I am sure it is prbaly a dumb oversite on my part.
thanks.
When you turn it on, wich lights stays on?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #942
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
When you turn it on, wich lights stays on?
Thanks I fixed it.
I appreciate the response though
Don

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #943
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
All I have to say is thank you to Erik and Willie. These guys are bending over backwards to make things right.

Best customer service in the business, hands down.
Scott-

Thats what we are here for Thanks for being loyal and patient with us. These quirks happen especially with electrical products and we will work hard to find out whats going on. I will update you when we know more details. Thanks

Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #944
Tech Regular

Is there any way yet to run timing and reverse at the same time? Would really like to practice like I race
PrestonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #945
Tech Fanatic

You have PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonG View Post
Is there any way yet to run timing and reverse at the same time? Would really like to practice like I race