R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post
might as well bring me one on wednesday.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
when will the speedcotrol be available on the market?
We are expecting Vtrax10 and Vtrax10R availability before the 2011 Snowbirds. We appreciate everyone's reluctant patience, I assure you it will be worth the wait! Thanks for your interest

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #63
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
might as well bring me one on wednesday.
I'll have a PayPal invoice sent your way Thanks!!

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
Old 12-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been testing the 4.5 and 5.5 motors with an LRP SXX tc spec and they are amazing. I was told to gear slightly higher since these motors like to be geared 1 or 2 teeth more than other motors. The power band is smooth and the torque is good. Gearing 1-2 teeth higher made a big difference in the motors behavior. The temps come off at 145 c everytime (6minute run on high bite asphalt) Im loving these motors and can't wait to try 17.5 boosted

Welcome to the team Korey, it should be a year with Team Viper 2011

Sent PM mini dub

Eric Kim

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim628 View Post
I have been testing the 4.5 and 5.5 motors with an LRP SXX tc spec and they are amazing. I was told to gear slightly higher since these motors like to be geared 1 or 2 teeth more than other motors. The power band is smooth and the torque is good. Gearing 1-2 teeth higher made a big difference in the motors behavior. The temps come off at 145 c everytime (6minute run on high bite asphalt) Im loving these motors and can't wait to try 17.5 boosted

Welcome to the team Korey, it should be a year with Team Viper 2011

Sent PM mini dub

Eric Kim
Thanks for the report Eric PM replied.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #66
Tech Regular

Do any of you guys have a vector file for the logo and snake head? Might as well get this ready for future paint job requests. If not I can scan it of a sticker sheet sooner than later!

Team Kyosho, AKA Tires, COWRC, BOOMrc, Triton RC Engines, FTM Grip, Boca Bearings
steve downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Very interested in the 1/8 ESC. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but will it be sensorless or sensored? Does Viper RC have any plans to release a 1/8 motor?
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #68
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve downs View Post
Do any of you guys have a vector file for the logo and snake head? Might as well get this ready for future paint job requests. If not I can scan it of a sticker sheet sooner than later!
Steve - please send me your email address to [email protected]. I'll make sure you get a digital copy of the logo. I'm not certain if it's a vector file, but I assume it is. Either way it will be something you can work with!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Very interested in the 1/8 ESC. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but will it be sensorless or sensored? Does Viper RC have any plans to release a 1/8 motor?
There is a little more info on the 1/8 equipment in the offroad thread here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post8310658 . Check out my first post on page one, it covers a bunch of the features. The 1/8 gear is earlier in testing and development stages. The plan is to release it fully sensored (both motor and esc), the only issue with that is it poses compatibility issues with some other companies. So yes we will be releasing 1/8 motors, too. Both a truggy and buggy version, 4 different winds of each. We're trying for a Spring availability for the 1/8 equipment, we want to have it out by the time most outdoor seasons start

Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Awesome, by spring I should have my Jammin 1/8 on-road conversion done, and she'll be looking for a new sensored motor.

Glad the 1/8 motors will have solder tabs too. I love my Castle/Neu motors but would much rather have solder tabs on them instead of the built-in permanent wires.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Awesome, by spring I should have my Jammin 1/8 on-road conversion done, and she'll be looking for a new sensored motor.

Glad the 1/8 motors will have solder tabs too. I love my Castle/Neu motors but would much rather have solder tabs on them instead of the built-in permanent wires.
Good news! I'm sure more and more 1/8 onroad conversions will be popping up. I think I might need a car for testing You'll love our solder tabs, too! Highest grade I've seen on anything.

On a general note - on Wednesday night Peter and I tested the Vtrax10 with the VST 4.5T and it worked beautifully. Granted those motors were way too much power for that little track, but we will be testing on a full size carpet track on Saturday (Timezone 2, home of the 2011 carpet nats). The esc's are performing great! We'll have another batch of prototypes soon. Moving closer and closer to production every day

Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Will the higher current version have a bigger heat sink? (along with more capable internals i'd imagine)

Thanks for the info man-
Owen- Weylin and I both tested at our local club meeting last night with our Vtraxx10 speedos and VST 4.5 motors. You will be happy to know that speedo temps peaked at 160deg. and motor temps at 150ish... Ambient temp in the building was about 55-60deg. These results were in Xray T3 sedans with 8.9 FDR And like I said before, these are fragile prototypes of the low current version. I can safely say that the Vtraxx10R production speed controls will be amazing and set new standards for brushless racing.

This motor setup was WAY too much for our track, normally I prefer to run a VST 6.5 unboosted and Weylin a VST 7.5 with mild boost.

You asked whether these speed controls will be smooth enough for the low turn motors. I will answer with a resounding yes. I ran mine setup with a linear throttle profile (this is always how I like to run my speedos), but tried the lower and smoother power profiles via setup with my Viper Pro Gauge. The throttle feel was not for me, but you can definitely tune the bottom end to be super soft.

We will be testing again Saturday at Timezone (the carpet nats '11 track), one more suited to lower turn motors. I'll post more results after that.

P.S. I'll talk to Weylin and see about getting some product videos up on here to. Things like the Pro Gauge speedo setting in action and motors on the track. You really can't apprieciate how cool all this stuff is until you see it in action.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Weylin, the new site is up and you have a whole section for viper-rc.
vypr2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Email sent to Weylin.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Owen- Weylin and I both tested at our local club meeting last night with our Vtraxx10 speedos and VST 4.5 motors. You will be happy to know that speedo temps peaked at 160deg. and motor temps at 150ish... Ambient temp in the building was about 55-60deg. These results were in Xray T3 sedans with 8.9 FDR And like I said before, these are fragile prototypes of the low current version. I can safely say that the Vtraxx10R production speed controls will be amazing and set new standards for brushless racing.

This motor setup was WAY too much for our track, normally I prefer to run a VST 6.5 unboosted and Weylin a VST 7.5 with mild boost.

You asked whether these speed controls will be smooth enough for the low turn motors. I will answer with a resounding yes. I ran mine setup with a linear throttle profile (this is always how I like to run my speedos), but tried the lower and smoother power profiles via setup with my Viper Pro Gauge. The throttle feel was not for me, but you can definitely tune the bottom end to be super soft.

We will be testing again Saturday at Timezone (the carpet nats '11 track), one more suited to lower turn motors. I'll post more results after that.

P.S. I'll talk to Weylin and see about getting some product videos up on here to. Things like the Pro Gauge speedo setting in action and motors on the track. You really can't apprieciate how cool all this stuff is until you see it in action.
Peter....who are you going with up to TZ on Saturday?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote