R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #61
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub View Post
might as well bring me one on wednesday.
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #62
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
when will the speedcotrol be available on the market?
We are expecting Vtrax10 and Vtrax10R availability before the 2011 Snowbirds. We appreciate everyone's reluctant patience, I assure you it will be worth the wait! Thanks for your interest
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #63
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
might as well bring me one on wednesday.
I'll have a PayPal invoice sent your way Thanks!!
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic
 
ekim628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I have been testing the 4.5 and 5.5 motors with an LRP SXX tc spec and they are amazing. I was told to gear slightly higher since these motors like to be geared 1 or 2 teeth more than other motors. The power band is smooth and the torque is good. Gearing 1-2 teeth higher made a big difference in the motors behavior. The temps come off at 145 c everytime (6minute run on high bite asphalt) Im loving these motors and can't wait to try 17.5 boosted

Welcome to the team Korey, it should be a year with Team Viper 2011

Sent PM mini dub

Eric Kim
__________________
Eric K.

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #65
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim628 View Post
I have been testing the 4.5 and 5.5 motors with an LRP SXX tc spec and they are amazing. I was told to gear slightly higher since these motors like to be geared 1 or 2 teeth more than other motors. The power band is smooth and the torque is good. Gearing 1-2 teeth higher made a big difference in the motors behavior. The temps come off at 145 c everytime (6minute run on high bite asphalt) Im loving these motors and can't wait to try 17.5 boosted

Welcome to the team Korey, it should be a year with Team Viper 2011

Sent PM mini dub

Eric Kim
Thanks for the report Eric PM replied.
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #66
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Do any of you guys have a vector file for the logo and snake head? Might as well get this ready for future paint job requests. If not I can scan it of a sticker sheet sooner than later!
__________________
Steve Downs

Team Kyosho, AKA Tires, COWRC, BOOMrc, Triton RC Engines, FTM Grip, Boca Bearings
steve downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #67
Tech Master
 
simplechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Very interested in the 1/8 ESC. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but will it be sensorless or sensored? Does Viper RC have any plans to release a 1/8 motor?
__________________
Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 Carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10 Honcho
simplechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #68
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve downs View Post
Do any of you guys have a vector file for the logo and snake head? Might as well get this ready for future paint job requests. If not I can scan it of a sticker sheet sooner than later!
Steve - please send me your email address to [email protected]. I'll make sure you get a digital copy of the logo. I'm not certain if it's a vector file, but I assume it is. Either way it will be something you can work with!
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #69
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Very interested in the 1/8 ESC. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but will it be sensorless or sensored? Does Viper RC have any plans to release a 1/8 motor?
There is a little more info on the 1/8 equipment in the offroad thread here http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post8310658 . Check out my first post on page one, it covers a bunch of the features. The 1/8 gear is earlier in testing and development stages. The plan is to release it fully sensored (both motor and esc), the only issue with that is it poses compatibility issues with some other companies. So yes we will be releasing 1/8 motors, too. Both a truggy and buggy version, 4 different winds of each. We're trying for a Spring availability for the 1/8 equipment, we want to have it out by the time most outdoor seasons start
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #70
Tech Master
 
simplechamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Awesome, by spring I should have my Jammin 1/8 on-road conversion done, and she'll be looking for a new sensored motor.

Glad the 1/8 motors will have solder tabs too. I love my Castle/Neu motors but would much rather have solder tabs on them instead of the built-in permanent wires.
__________________
Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 Carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10 Honcho
simplechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #71
Tech Master
 
mini-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Awesome, by spring I should have my Jammin 1/8 on-road conversion done, and she'll be looking for a new sensored motor.

Glad the 1/8 motors will have solder tabs too. I love my Castle/Neu motors but would much rather have solder tabs on them instead of the built-in permanent wires.
Good news! I'm sure more and more 1/8 onroad conversions will be popping up. I think I might need a car for testing You'll love our solder tabs, too! Highest grade I've seen on anything.


On a general note - on Wednesday night Peter and I tested the Vtrax10 with the VST 4.5T and it worked beautifully. Granted those motors were way too much power for that little track, but we will be testing on a full size carpet track on Saturday (Timezone 2, home of the 2011 carpet nats). The esc's are performing great! We'll have another batch of prototypes soon. Moving closer and closer to production every day
__________________
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #72
Tech Elite
 
peter_robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Lake
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Will the higher current version have a bigger heat sink? (along with more capable internals i'd imagine)

Thanks for the info man-
Owen- Weylin and I both tested at our local club meeting last night with our Vtraxx10 speedos and VST 4.5 motors. You will be happy to know that speedo temps peaked at 160deg. and motor temps at 150ish... Ambient temp in the building was about 55-60deg. These results were in Xray T3 sedans with 8.9 FDR And like I said before, these are fragile prototypes of the low current version. I can safely say that the Vtraxx10R production speed controls will be amazing and set new standards for brushless racing.

This motor setup was WAY too much for our track, normally I prefer to run a VST 6.5 unboosted and Weylin a VST 7.5 with mild boost.

You asked whether these speed controls will be smooth enough for the low turn motors. I will answer with a resounding yes. I ran mine setup with a linear throttle profile (this is always how I like to run my speedos), but tried the lower and smoother power profiles via setup with my Viper Pro Gauge. The throttle feel was not for me, but you can definitely tune the bottom end to be super soft.

We will be testing again Saturday at Timezone (the carpet nats '11 track), one more suited to lower turn motors. I'll post more results after that.

P.S. I'll talk to Weylin and see about getting some product videos up on here to. Things like the Pro Gauge speedo setting in action and motors on the track. You really can't apprieciate how cool all this stuff is until you see it in action.
__________________
For orders or inquiries, email [email protected] Follow RC-Trim on Twitter and Facebook

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #73
Tech Regular
 
vypr2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Weylin, the new site is up and you have a whole section for viper-rc.
vypr2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 998
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Email sent to Weylin.
__________________
☆ ActivRC ☆
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #75
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson View Post
Owen- Weylin and I both tested at our local club meeting last night with our Vtraxx10 speedos and VST 4.5 motors. You will be happy to know that speedo temps peaked at 160deg. and motor temps at 150ish... Ambient temp in the building was about 55-60deg. These results were in Xray T3 sedans with 8.9 FDR And like I said before, these are fragile prototypes of the low current version. I can safely say that the Vtraxx10R production speed controls will be amazing and set new standards for brushless racing.

This motor setup was WAY too much for our track, normally I prefer to run a VST 6.5 unboosted and Weylin a VST 7.5 with mild boost.

You asked whether these speed controls will be smooth enough for the low turn motors. I will answer with a resounding yes. I ran mine setup with a linear throttle profile (this is always how I like to run my speedos), but tried the lower and smoother power profiles via setup with my Viper Pro Gauge. The throttle feel was not for me, but you can definitely tune the bottom end to be super soft.

We will be testing again Saturday at Timezone (the carpet nats '11 track), one more suited to lower turn motors. I'll post more results after that.

P.S. I'll talk to Weylin and see about getting some product videos up on here to. Things like the Pro Gauge speedo setting in action and motors on the track. You really can't apprieciate how cool all this stuff is until you see it in action.
Peter....who are you going with up to TZ on Saturday?
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viper RC - mini-dub Radio and Electronics 12069 12-04-2017 10:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net