R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #631
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: italy
Posts: 198
Default

Ciao Jorge,

tnks for yr replay, however i got a very bad surprise, in order to flash the new firmware i must purchase the pclink , despite other brands that you cand do it using the programcard
Could you pls suggest me where to buy it???
The motor i can choose between Team Wave linear motor and Lipotech.

Ciao
Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #632
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaddei View Post
Ciao Jorge,

tnks for yr replay, however i got a very bad surprise, in order to flash the new firmware i must purchase the pclink , despite other brands that you cand do it using the programcard
Could you pls suggest me where to buy it???
The motor i can choose between Team Wave linear motor and Lipotech.

Ciao
Max
In europe your best shot is to try to contact Xfactory and see where they stock Viper products.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #633
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: italy
Posts: 198
Default

Ciao Jorge,

pclink purchased from amain, in any case it will not arrive in time for next sunday, i'll try the set up suggested with a lower value, as maybe the straight it less the 50 mtrs

ciao
max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #634
Tech Elite
 
ovalnator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: syracuse, NY
Posts: 4,200
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ovalnator
Default

who do we need to contact about carrying these ESC's at our hobbyshop?
ovalnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #635
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovalnator View Post
who do we need to contact about carrying these ESC's at our hobbyshop?
Dealer inquiry - just fill that form.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #636
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaddei View Post
Ciao Jorge,

pclink purchased from amain, in any case it will not arrive in time for next sunday, i'll try the set up suggested with a lower value, as maybe the straight it less the 50 mtrs

ciao
max
So try to do it like this:

Put some negative EXP on throttle, try to put the throttle back to 50% and fdr maybe 5.5 ~ 5, but pay serious attention on the motor temperature. A fan should always be a good add.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #637
Tech Addict
 
macavant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC dojo
Posts: 705
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

delete post
__________________
likes the oldskool RC action...
F201☆F104WGP☆M01.M05.YR4MSe.TA05.XV-01Pro.ABC_Genetic(Exotek)☆microRS4-Motek☆TA02SW☆WR02.CC-01.G6-01.SandScorcher☆TRF201☆TRF417X.TRF101.TRF101W
macavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #638
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: italy
Posts: 198
Default

Ciao Jorge,

well noted, i'll revert you next monday with impression.

In the meantime could you pls advise the download link of the pclink software to be installed in the computer, as i didn't find it on viper www.

Tnks n best rgds
Max
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #639
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Send me your mail trough pm.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #640
Tech Addict
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thinking about buying a Viper 17.5 to try... has anyone have any experience with duo series motors vs viper?
__________________
-Fast cats
-eXpress motorsports
-T.O.P
-Airtronics
1shnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #641
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,020
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

the duo series of motors have more rpm than the viper 17.5 so if you are going to get the viper i highly suggest getting the 12.3mm rotor for it as well.
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-Bellgate Distributions-PR Racing- Prospeed
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #642
Tech Addict
 
4wheeldrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Woodstick Ga.
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What does it mean when the lights F/R/S are blinking at the same time. While I was running several times after about 6min or so the car stopped and these lights were blinking.

Specs
Motor - Tekin 21.5
Motor timing - 20deg
motor temp - 100deg (never really went past that after 5-6 runs on carpet)
ESC Temp - 88deg max
Gearing - started with 4.17 and ended up with 3.80 and never went past 110deg in motor and esc.

I'm running version A19 (this is what shows when I connect the programmer)
4wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #643
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
the duo series of motors have more rpm than the viper 17.5 so if you are going to get the viper i highly suggest getting the 12.3mm rotor for it as well.
Do you have the part # for the stock spec 12.3mm rotor? The one I found on Amainhobbies seems to be a mod rotor...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rque-VST-Rotor
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #644
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 59
Default

im looking to buy this setup for my traxxas 4310 4tec.... i was wondering what turn motor should i get for the best speed and torque... im new to electrics sry lol.... what type of gearing are yall running also for top speed with torque for low end... thanks for the help you can pm me if any more information is needed
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #645
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive View Post
What does it mean when the lights F/R/S are blinking at the same time. While I was running several times after about 6min or so the car stopped and these lights were blinking.

Specs
Motor - Tekin 21.5
Motor timing - 20deg
motor temp - 100deg (never really went past that after 5-6 runs on carpet)
ESC Temp - 88deg max
Gearing - started with 4.17 and ended up with 3.80 and never went past 110deg in motor and esc.

I'm running version A19 (this is what shows when I connect the programmer)
It's thermal cut. Check your Motor Temperature Cut and remenber that you read outside the can and that could mean more 20-30 inside the motor where the ESC reads.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Viper RC - mini-dub Radio and Electronics 12069 12-04-2017 10:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net